Uvalde, TX - mass shooting

metronome

This keeps getting uglier and uglier for these cops in Uvalde.

Rushed in to get their own kids out.  Barricaded the shooter in a classroom that had kids in it.  Refused to go in after him and barred parents from attempting their own rescue when it was clear they weren't going to do anything.  No words.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
36 minutes ago, metronome said:

This keeps getting uglier and uglier for these cops in Uvalde.

Rushed in to get their own kids out.  Barricaded the shooter in a classroom that had kids in it.  Refused to go in after him and barred parents from attempting their own rescue when it was clear they weren't going to do anything.  No words.

Unbelievable the more I hear, literally let him shoot for over 40 minutes. Figures they were in Texas where it's virtually impossible for a cop to go unsucked for more than 5 minutes. Probably felt entitled.

They literally stood outside protecting the shooter from parents that showed up for almost an hour, tazing parents, in the background of the video you can see two of them holding a guy down in the background. So technically they did protect, but just the shooter.

Edited by Mercer
  • Truth 1

IDK, struggle with this because I literally love illegals, but if I ever bump into this dude I'm def buying him a fucking beer because he actually deserves a "thank you for your service" from a real life cop hating sonova bitch. This is exactly what all men would have done back in the day when having testicles was fashionable.

image.png.0d5457782cfa2278aa0ddbc5c650152e.png

I never thought I’d see the day @Mercerwas psyop’d into being pro border enforcement! Jkjk 

the story I saw was that the off duty BP was at the barber getting a cut and got a text from his wife there was an active shooter (she’s a teacher at the school), grabbed his barbers shotgun and went to the school to save his wife.. and took out the shooter. And it was not the guy in the pic above. It was a Mexican dude with a chin strap beard 🤔 

Harvey Weinstein salivating/fuming at the movie prospects

• LOL! 2

The Uvalde Police Department and the Uvalde Independent School District police force are no longer cooperating with the Texas Department of Public Safety's investigation into the massacre at Robb Elementary School and the state's review of the law enforcement response, multiple law enforcement sources tell ABC News.

The Uvalde police chief and a spokesperson for the Uvalde Independent School District did not immediately respond to requests for comment from ABC News.

https://abcnews.go.com/US/uvalde-police-school-district-longer-cooperating-texas-probe/story?id=85093405

they def shot some kids or maybe a teacher at this juncture. Right?

Yep.

e: At the very least, imo, they had a good chance to prevent the whole thing from happening to begin with (whether that is acting in the moment or following up on the complaints being made about him threatening girls online) that they whiffed on. 

Edited by metronome
  • Like 1

14 hours ago, metronome said:

Yep.

e: At the very least, imo, they had a good chance to prevent the whole thing from happening to begin with (whether that is acting in the moment or following up on the complaints being made about him threatening girls online) that they whiffed on. 

i'm going full black pill tinfoil hat on this. greg abbott is in on it too. here's what a disaster declaration does, among other things: 

F8772218-3ADA-48F7-A527-249CACACC110.jpeg

The only positive I’ve seen of this is that “the right” is now questioning their back-the-blue bullshit. will this be what unifies the left and the right into ACAB? I just wanna grille…

im torn, I hate cops, but the only alternative if we continue down this path is privatized policing… which scares me infinitely more. I honestly don’t want to be pulled over and searched by a blackwater faggot. The thought of privatized policing is terrifying. 

what the fuck to “we” do???

edit: pause response isn’t a neg to you, but I can’t honestly like that post. 

• Truth 1

such a perfect microcosm of the united states — this small town that spends 40% of its budget on police who wouldn't face an 18 year old as he turned kids into salsa, police who then, presumably, killed children who ran to them when they finally entered. we'll never know the full story. 

Edited by Elena Delle Donne
  • Truth 1

On 6/3/2022 at 8:11 PM, KILZ FILLZ said:

The thought of privatized policing is terrifying. 

Public school programs all of us to never question their centralized system of forced taxation, and authority, so everyone by default thinks getting together with your neighbors to train to handle your own security, and/or hiring full time security is a terrible idea. People legit think we'd devolve into "Anarchy" that way, which due to our programming sounds terrible, and violent.

Fact is, these last 2 generations we've evolved into exponentially increasing violence anyway. I mean we even have more stabbing per capita than England Western Europe's stab & slash shit hole (England). At the same time violence increases, Police join into the mix, and face almost no consequences for violating citizens or not doing their jobs, while security guards & private citizens securing people/property actually do. Those doing private security professionally are trained to avoid harming people, even criminals at all costs during their daily course of action, because their employers will be sued under a much more fair set of rules. Courts naturally back the police every time, because it's the same shit organization policing itself when they're sued or one of their own is charged in a crime. Thus, things like qualified immunity, and civil asset forfeiture outpacing the losses to illegal thefts become the norm.

23 hours ago, Mercer said:

Fact is, these last 2 generations we've evolved into exponentially increasing violence anyway. 

what's your sauce on this one op. i feel like this contradicts most numbers/trends on violent crime in the last 30ish years.

i understand why people feel like everything is worse and more violent because for most people violence is wall to wall on the cult news network of their choice. but with the exception of the past 3ish years there hasn't been a marked national rise in crime, to my knowledge 

Edited by Elena Delle Donne
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Elena Delle Donne said:

what's your sauce on this one op. i feel like this contradicts most numbers/trends on violent crime in the last 30ish years.

i understand why people feel like everything is worse and more violent because for most people violence is wall to wall on the cult news network of their choice. but with the exception of the past 3ish years there hasn't been a marked national rise in crime, to my knowledge 

image.thumb.png.e84f21afef37b260548e138bc3775b21.png

https://fivethirtyeight.com/

I should have made it clearer, I'm not talking about all violence overall, as in gang violence,  domestic violence, armed robberies, and the types of crime most of us can wrap our minds around, and sort of understand. I'm talking about these random acts of violence were are discussing in this thread specifically.

We didn't have school shootings when I was in school, it wasn't until Columbine when those kids just started shooting other kids indiscriminately. Mass shootings weren't really a thing back then either like they are now. With Columbine, there wasn't a single target they were after. Same with Virginia Tech, the deadliest school shooting of all time. This is what we're discussing in this thread specifically, not the meet me outside and let's fight type. Sometimes when I'm in the context of a conversation, I don't feel the need to explain my statements are for the entire context of the discussion since it's obvious to me what I'm talking about. Granted it was confusing on my part as I derailed for a minute to discuss police violence, vs virtually non-existent security guard/private police violence, and not mass shootings.

I also find "Source?" as a response lazy. I mean let's say I'm totally wrong, the least you could do is look up/present your own credible source to debunk what I say, instead of expecting the person you disagree with to do your research for you. I'm only doing it this one time because what I'm saying is rather odd, and unfamiliar to most people who conform to what the media tells them which is the vast majority. For me, it's just not possible to think it's the guns, because we've have these weapons in this country for well over a century. Now all of a sudden the guns themselves decided to just start shooting people for no reason? This is what the corporate media "sources" we find credible are attempting to misguide the masses into believing. Our oligarchs and authoritarian type leaders have always wanted us defenseless. I'm not a fox news watching conservative, but I smell the bullshit they're cooking up to achieve total control as an Agorist.

image.thumb.png.5991ee92759552df94ff1e440f62cce0.png

To your point, you're correct in saying statistically many of the most common forms of violence have decreased during the age of mass incarceration that started in the 1990's. This "normal" type of violence is understood by most, unlike this mass shooter shit where people are mostly confused. Basically any one of us, including myself could see myself/ourselves doing an armed robbery if the family doesn't have any prospects for food on the table and are starving. At least me. I could also see me getting violent if there's no other course for retaliation agains someone who's severely violated me or my family, and may decide to do it again as in someone did X, and now it's time for me to do Y. This type of violence was on the dip mid 90's to pre-pandemic.

Mass shootings we're not a thing back in the day. You may have had gang wars like Al Capone and the valentines day massacre. The thing is, back in those days you could pick up sticks of dynamite to get rid of a stubborn stump in your front yard, or order a full auto Tommy gun with a 100 round drum magazine in the mail no questions asked. The question I'm trying to pose here is why were there no school shootings back then? Why was it so uncommon for someone to open fire in a grocery store indiscriminately murdering people? TBH I'd rather deal with the gang violence, where I can avoid that shit by not joining a gang, or regular violence I can avoid by not being violent myself, not ripping people off. I just don't like the fact my wife & I pretty much have to leave our house, for example go to the grocery store, and in doing so are exposed to random violence. I really don't want to concealed carry every day, but if I have to so be it.

Edited by Mercer
  • Like 1
  • Truth 1

On 6/9/2022 at 8:09 AM, Mercer said:

Public school programs all of us to never question their centralized system of forced taxation, and authority, so everyone by default thinks getting together with your neighbors to train to handle your own security, and/or hiring full time security is a terrible idea. People legit think we'd devolve into "Anarchy" that way, which due to our programming sounds terrible, and violent.

Fact is, these last 2 generations we've evolved into exponentially increasing violence anyway. I mean we even have more stabbing per capita than England Western Europe's stab & slash shit hole (England). At the same time violence increases, Police join into the mix, and face almost no consequences for violating citizens or not doing their jobs, while security guards & private citizens securing people/property actually do. Those doing private security professionally are trained to avoid harming people, even criminals at all costs during their daily course of action, because their employers will be sued under a much more fair set of rules. Courts naturally back the police every time, because it's the same shit organization policing itself when they're sued or one of their own is charged in a crime. Thus, things like qualified immunity, and civil asset forfeiture outpacing the losses to illegal thefts become the norm.

You made me dissect why I thought that, and I think you’re right. No good reason. Still think it will be fucked if it’s Blackwater faggots tho. And I think that’s an unfortunate possibility of who they will be. Thank you for making me look at my thoughts and question them like that tho 

10 hours ago, KILZ FILLZ said:

You made me dissect why I thought that, and I think you’re right. No good reason. Still think it will be fucked if it’s Blackwater faggots tho. And I think that’s an unfortunate possibility of who they will be. Thank you for making me look at my thoughts and question them like that tho 

It's the difference between granting every agency nationwide that is providing security almost total immunity for the crimes they commit. Compared to the possibility some agencies may go rouge, but even if they do, can ultimately be held accountable for their crimes, and violation of rights.

It may sound fucked up, but I really do think lack of accountability in policing attracts some of our worst sociopaths. Granted, not every cop is a sociopath, but they have to operate within that culture to have a career. I'm also certain there are some agencies that do have a culture of actual accountability, but from my experience living in large urban population centers that is almost never the case.

In my opinion, the consideration becomes one where cognitive bias is applied due to programming. The person considering assumes the private option is for sure, not perfect, and rejects the idea. They're unaware they're siding with the obviously inferior option, where civil asset forfeiture outpaces theft by non-law enforcement criminals. The police can stop a small number of thefts and burglaries and people think they're doing their job.

image.png.994aa9eab8b0955fbeed0bc898b5190c.png

Theft alone doesn't take into account coward police not acting, and preventing others from doing so during a mass shooter event where children are being murdered, and allowed to bleed out. Police violently assaulting, sometimes murdering citizens for simply disobeying orders. Often times is doesn't matter if the victim was a criminal or not.

image.thumb.png.c94414a16f2e425aca7eaf12ba358c14.png

What we're left with is a system that everyone by default, due to programming will not question. The Mesa police department is actually harassing Daniel Shaver's (the guy pictured being murdered) widow till this day, trying to silence her, out of fear her words may make someone question the system they exploit.

• Like 1
  • Truth 1

On 6/10/2022 at 11:48 AM, Mercer said:

image.thumb.png.e84f21afef37b260548e138bc3775b21.png

https://fivethirtyeight.com/

I should have made it clearer, I'm not talking about all violence overall, as in gang violence,  domestic violence, armed robberies, and the types of crime most of us can wrap our minds around, and sort of understand. I'm talking about these random acts of violence were are discussing in this thread specifically

right on, this is all i was trying to parse out. i wasn't sincerely "SOURCE??! OP?!!!"-ing you. 

you're exactly right that we're all simmering in this particular violence and it feels like someone keeps turning the heat up. i can't not think about it. i live in a neighborhood with gang violence, the shooters and the victims know each other, the cycle continues as it has for 50 years. it doesn't bother me. i do wonder whether i'll be in a mass shooting. i live in a city full of soft targets; it feels like a matter of time. 

mass shootings like this — an angry person, a man most likely, killing indiscriminately – is a symptom of grievances and social isolation and, i don't know, modern misery? you could really project anything onto this that you want to. (this is the royal "you," not you personally.) i have guesses and feelings about the roots but they're just that. i agree that the media is doing it wrong by mixing up the school shooting with, like, a particularly ambitious drive by. both are bad but not the same kind of violence. 

addressing this is gonna take work on a lot of different fronts. we can't censor where these people gather and thrive online (it's hard to do, anything effective would be authoritarian); we can't rely on anyone to turn them in (they downplay the threat, like nancy lanza, or straight up don't know, like sue klebold) and we don't have any idea what a "mental health" response looks like — republicans like to say "mental health" as a dodge but will never tell you what it means/what should happen if someone is identified as a probable mass shooter.

it would be good to expand red flag laws nationwide, i think, but that's no simple or singly effective thing — and depending on who enforces it or how, it could even be a step back. i would think the "responsible gun owners" would feel good about a chance to self-regulate their community (this is how many of them talk, so i want them to walk it). 

i'm also not mad at looking at adjusting gun restrictions to at least address lethality. the "assault weapons ban" is sloppy legislation but ends up accidentally taking on this issue, which is that it is simply harder to kill people with a handgun than a rifle firing 762. the san bernadino shooters notably choose ARs because of their lethality. chipping away at the edges with magazine capacity restrictions and waiting periods and person to person sales on the most dangerous rifles, could help. i'm willing to experiment. the stuff about the dead uvalde kids being completely unidentifiable because rifle rounds turned them into salsa still haunts me. 

after all this... i know handguns do most of the shooting and the killing in this country, including suicides, but i don't have any idea where to start there. 

i'm not yet on board with the "community security force"  thing. that feels too much like it could devolve into jim crow south lynch mob stuff. we have had that before and it wasn't great. i don't have a better idea though. police are the armed mob now. the sf police are basically on strike, which triggered the recent recall of their DA 

• Like 1