For a good time call someone else

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

Some of these uploaded upside down- dunno why, but I guess it it just be that way sometimes.  Here’s about 200 photos taken from various cities, places within those cities and varying times throughout the past — present.  If you think you know where any of these photos were taken, that’s great, but please don’t point it out in this thread— the toys don’t need any hints and should be staying out anyway (you know who you are).  If you enjoyed this photo dump let me know and I’ll drop more tomorrow.  Bless up.

• Like 3

37 minutes ago, Wyeast said:

Wow-great post. That Tre tribute, Hope4, all the history on those SP wood chip cars. Wonder what’s up with that McDonalds railroad caboose?

So this one is on the East Coast, but a friend of mine in Washington says there’s another one out by Spokane (not paintable but certainly cool to look at)- And for some reason there’s a couple dozen of them in Canada. Believe it or not kids used to have birthday parties inside these things- back in the 60s and 70s McDonald’s bought a ton of rolling stock as cabooses became more and more obsolete. There’s a bunch of CP and CN cabooses that were hooked up to McDonald’s restaurants/on the property and even some passenger cars that were displayed on tracks and used for special events.  This is a really basic design but I’ve seen pictures of some of the ones in Canada and they have full on murals of McDonald’s characters on the sides of them- it’s actually pretty nuts.  I would really like to paint a McCaboose someday, but if I painted this one it would blow the spot to say the least & I really appreciate the time capsule-esque nature of its existence…  if it would make a child happy to see it without graffiti then I probably wouldn’t paint it- and I can definitely see a young kid getting a kick out of this one because frankly it’s pretty rad.  

• Like 2
  • Props 1

2 hours ago, One Man Banned said:

On the orientation, don't know if those pix are maybe from a cell phone, possibly not oriented when taken? 

Also you can drag and drop pix right into the reply box, maybe doing it that way might help.

I’m transferring from phone to tablet. I’ll try that, I dunno if it’s the same thing- but I’ll give it the ol college try.

On 6/3/2022 at 11:48 AM, Anchoredbutstilldrifting said:

I’m transferring from phone to tablet. I’ll try that, I dunno if it’s the same thing- but I’ll give it the ol college try.

Looks like you have unlocked the need for VIP membership. That seems to be the only way to fix upside pics.

Try it, but when this problem was happening to me, I tried to rotate the pics and they still posted upside down. Did not make any sense. Once I was VIP, it solved the problem. I have requested assistance on getting this fixed for you.