Superbowl predictions/shit talk

Cracked Ass

The Patriots are my team, but as much as I like them, I don't think they're gonna pull it off. The spread is too generous though, they'll beat that.

Most underrated for New England: The coach. Maybe I haven't followed football long enough, but I've never seen such a demon for running film and tailoring game strategy to each opponent, especially teams that dominated the Pats in a certain category (pass rush, athleticism, etc.).

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
Guest Dusty Lipschitz

i want a good game

period

i like the rams better,

but i hate rooting for someone who is favored so heavily,

when they arent really my squad

?go pats?

Guest Pilau Hands

i go for football like i go for bitches

i take the one closest to me

you knooooooooowwwwwww

eh anyway. i watch for the commercials.

patriots all the way...i guess

I can't believe how fucking blind and stupid you kids are. Your seemingly blind to the world around you. How fucking ignorant can you be? The superbowl isn't a sporting event this year. It's a passion play for American loyalty. It's only a stage that the Bush family will use to exploit their political agenda. The New World Order!

Of course the 'Patriots' will win, by a large margin! What better way to illustrate the 'perserverance of the american spirit againts even overwhelming odds'. Imagine the big red white and blue parades, 'Patriots' Tshirts sell by the millions.

Anyone who watches the Superbowl is just a drone that buys into the myth perpetuated by the FEW in power on the MANY in the streets!

and I'm kinda unhappy about the continued lackluster performance from the nfc central...

Originally posted by TEARZ

you play ping pong?

I used to feind ping pong... I had all the 'english' shots down and stuff but it's been 10 years... I imagine I'd have to play up next to the table now but I used to be a 5 foot player...

I predict the yankee jingoist Patriots will suffer a crushing defeat at the hands of the Ram of the saint of Louis. Everyone knows that patriots are infidels and Osama loves sheep, sometimes 3 times a week...

I hope Godboy chokes on a dick, rah Pats!

OH CAN YOU FEEL THE FAHKIN' HYPE! ONLY 7 MORE HOURS OF PREGAME ANALYSIS AND BULLSHIT TO GO!

in all seriousness i must admit that i am gonna be pulling really hard for my pats. sometimes i seriously question my emotional involvement in sports- it may be a huge character flaw. i'm not so bad with the pats, but the sox and c's, man, i've been known to throw tantrums... i guess i am getting a little excited.

It's funny, I never gave much of a shit about sports, and was always contemptuous of people who involved themselves too heavily in "their" team's results - especially when these fans were not players themselves in some league or at least pickup games. (I made exceptions for hockey, knowing some hockey people.) So having spent most of my life surrounding myself with people who don't give a shit about sports, it is a strange feeling to be interested in football, and ironic to be mostly alone on this board. I'm honestly feeling all the "football sucks" responses, I would have said the same a few years ago.

The key to being a sports fan with a life is to be internally motivated. That is, you watch and appreciate the fine points of the game, and the heroics of the players, but you're not heavily invested emotionally in the outcome, and your day or week won't be ruined if "your" boys lose (which is what happens to the externally motivated person).

Archived