Elon Musk attempts hostile takeover of twitter

Mercer

image.thumb.png.8fff39bf2ffc2f04cbaffe9e2bf984f3.png

Whatever Elon is considering paying, it's totally worth it just to watch right wing Twitter pretend they're libertarians & for free markets again. Like they weren't tweeting support for the government to disregard individual property rights less than a month ago so the government they hate can micromanage social media policy.

Almost as hypocritical as supporting trade wars & taxing/tariffs under Trump, then admitting the Russian sanctions won't work, and only hurt both sides economically. Literally trying to blame Biden for gas prices the moment he was elected after they started a trade war. Pretending to hate inflation now, but not a peep under Trump after looking at his big ugly signature on the Pandemic Checks, and all the excessive money printing that started under Trump, that's causing inflation now. Almost as hypocritical as demanding to regulate people's uteruses, then being mad about jab mandates saying it's a violation of bodily autonomy. They don't stand for something, and fall for literally anything.

There isn't a single consistent principal other than adherence to identity politics. Always been that way, just following along the Hagelian Dialect. Republicans enact more gun control on the Federal level than anyone else. They don't respect individual bodily autonomy, the right to defend one's self, or even private property rights. They're working towards the same goal their so called opponents are, absolute control, and unlimited power.

• Like 1
  • Truth 2

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

I don't think he ever actually dumped Bitcoin. My own theory is he was forced to denounce it by someone more powerful, probably a global banking insider, or banking group with strong political ties. That was the point where I figured he was def able to be made into someone's bitch, backpedalling his own power moves like that. I do think this one will succeed since he's not doing it for the money, and isn't beholden to any investors interests like he was with Tesla.

My guess is twitter, because of it's simple mostly text based format is probably the single best platform to train AI. Not going to lie, what comes out of Elon Musk's private ownership could be a terrifying pandoras box. For now I'm just enjoying the blue checks losing their shit. These people are literally saying censorship, as opposed to free speech, is crucial for a healthy democracy.

@Mercerdamn both pretty interesting takes I haven’t heard before 

he’s something like a 12% owner, right? And is offering to buy the rest of the shares over market value? And buying the rest would mean him paying himself out his original 12% I think too?... curious how much his 12% has appreciated since buying + the over market buy and how much of a profit he would be paying himself. << that whole thought is pretty clunky but I think you get what I mean?

2 hours ago, KILZ FILLZ said:

@Mercerdamn both pretty interesting takes I haven’t heard before 

he’s something like a 12% owner, right? And is offering to buy the rest of the shares over market value? And buying the rest would mean him paying himself out his original 12% I think too?... curious how much his 12% has appreciated since buying + the over market buy and how much of a profit he would be paying himself. << that whole thought is pretty clunky but I think you get what I mean?

Not much, everybody is dumping now after the initial pump, confident Elon will be rejected then dump his stake for plan B. I think once the news dropped it pumped up to the low 50's and is back down to the low 40's today which is insane for a multibillion dollar market cap asset.

if you're an investor, twitter has really been a bad platform for a long time. they have done a horrible job monetizing it—in the trump years he only used twitter, and posted several times a day on average! international multi day news stories relied on twitter, and the online articles embedded tweets! participating in american politics meant often meant using twitter. it was really unlike anything that any other social platform has ever had. and they completely whiffed it. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...