Western Fruit Express

T.T Boy

ok this may seem like a silly quiestion but i felt like asking it. i know youve seen these cars in either pics or in person, im wondering are these cars still being used? i used to see a ton of them back in about 96 or 97 and suddenly they just seemed to fall off. does anyone know the general area they are used in? did the company get bought out and they actually got repainted? also, is this an american company or canadian? im not too far from a bigger orchard type area and i expected that a few of these would pop up every now and then, but yet i havent seen a single one. any info would be appreciated.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
Guest Handjob

When I visit Kelowna, B.C., I see them. They're layed up in front of the Sun Rype juice factory. Its too bad they've got a security gaurd that pretty much sits on top of them...

Originally posted by Cracked Ass

Oh, and WFE is the logo (Western Fruit Express) but the reporting marks are BNFE (green flats) or BNSF (red flats), so BNSF is the owner. (Unless Ese has obscure knowledge to the contrary.)

THEY ARE NOT ALL FLATS..some have suttle ridges like upfe's

Guest BIGMETALCIRCUS
Originally posted by chozer

1. youre a lucky bastard..

2. i could swear that bnfe had ridges too...ill have to double check the flick.

yeah, some of the green ones have ridges too sir. theres is a second marking for the green ones i believe, ive gotten one or two, and ive been lucky when it comes to these cars until lately.

• 2 weeks later...

WFE

Its funny this came up..

We used to get a ton of them in 96-98

they'd be mixed in with the UPFE's and other reefers..

and then all of a sound they stopped for years..

we used to talk about what happened to them...

i remeber some people sayin they were old solid colds that were

repainted.. but im not to sure if thats the case

id say in the last 2 years ive seen 3 if that out in the northeast�

• 8 years later...

Blank I think i know which one youre talking about, it still barely had the green logo left on it and did a quick tour around the midwest

Painted two of them last year... burgundy miniridge and a flat green boy.... if you guys are flickr privy check out 14.2.1 .... dude benched Lines of them going to scrap earlier this year. As far as i know theyre all but gone.

I found an article on the WFE's and BNSF's new reefer fleet last night, it was from 2001 and explained that the new cars are the future, larger, more reliable, less spoilage, remote temperature controlled and so on. It basically said the current WFE fleet was 35 years old (45 years old now) and that they were going to be replaced soon enough. I'll look it up when I'm on the home computer and post it in here. Interesting but sad read, odd that it took 9 years after the article for them to scrap the WFE's. It also said they had 2,000 refrigerated box cars in their fleet as of 2001.

• 2 weeks later...
Blank I think i know which one youre talking about, it still barely had the green logo left on it and did a quick tour around the midwest

Painted two of them last year... burgundy miniridge and a flat green boy.... if you guys are flickr privy check out 14.2.1 .... dude benched Lines of them going to scrap earlier this year. As far as i know theyre all but gone.

You are right they are all gone now. seen a few in the last couple of years and stayed away (unlike a bunch of toys down here). Thats why TRAINS magazine etc.. are good references if you are really going to take this car painting things serious.

• 5 months later...

Archived