SPOTIFY Year in Review

Dark_Knight

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
2 hours ago, Schnitzel said:

I had to delete mine out of embarrassment.

Due to my son's control over the music on roadtrips Rick Astley was at number one, followed by the proclaimers. followed by various disney hits.

Dude, post that shit up. This is a safe no judgement zone.

• Like 3
  • Truth 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 12/18/2022 at 12:49 AM, ndv said:

You listen to symphonic metal?

Progressive metal mainly.

should have added Liquid Tension Experiment as it was probably the most listened to artist of all for my past year but it falls under the Dream Theater banner anyway.

Could also have added the band Beyond Twilight to the list as well given I listen to them a lot despite there only being three albums, but they are all killer with “For The Love of Art and the Making” perhaps the most unique and ambitious album of all time as it is different every time one listened to it on random

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/For_the_Love_of_Art_and_the_Making?wprov=sfti1

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

Dropped Spotify for Tidal for many reasons. So I no longer get the fancy slideshow anymore. But at least Tidal shits out monthly and yearly playlists.

Sorry is my new favorite band. I've got a weakness for really good indie alternative/pop stuff. Reminds me of Blonde Redhead but less noisy or Portishead but with more bop.

I've listened to Kendrick's older stuff and been like "yeah, that's good shit" and that was the end of it. I guess timing is everything, he was working some shit out on that record and I was too so I had it on repeat for a month.

Titus Andronicus alternates between putting out balls out rock albums and crazy ass concept/rock opera stuff. An Obelisk is a great example of the former.

Archers of Loaf is one of the OG Chapel Hill indie bands from Merge records that blew up college radio stations back in the 90's. They just put out a new album after only playing a hand full of shows for in a 20 year span and it slaps.

There a more good stuff in the playlist so I'll drop a link to it at the bottom of the post.

image.thumb.png.ddd8b723eba91b677dde98d63a7d84df.png

https://tidal.com/browse/mix/009c733c047b08a4ce16fd9753a91c

Edited by grim540
  • Like 3

• 10 months later...