Today, I released my passion project, a Graffiti Magazine!

NastyVandal

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

Man, from what I can see definitely looks promising.

That said you should post up a .pdf for us here so we can really offer input. I am not going to put payment info up because some random screen-name says they made a mag…

The flicks I can see look great, good choices - quality writers from what I can see.

• Like 1
  • Truth 1

2 hours ago, fat ralphy said:

Man, from what I can see definitely looks promising.

That said you should post up a .pdf for us here so we can really offer input. I am not going to put payment info up because some random screen-name says they made a mag…

The flicks I can see look great, good choices - quality writers from what I can see.

Sure! Would be great to hear some feedback from you guys

Find it here, attached 

Nasty-Vandal-Issue01.pdf

• Like 1
  • Props 1

I think its dope man, well done.

That Motick story about the train is hella crazy.

Props man - I think it will take some thinking to get the subscriptions going but with IG and using the writers you feature (having them promote on IG etc) I am sure it will work if you grind.

I have never in my 25+ years around the culture heard the term “Fame Piece” - that maybe a Euro thing idk.

Dope image quality, good writers. Well done.

27 minutes ago, NastyVandal said:

Really man? How do you call it?
Here in Portugal/Spain, we use to call it like that a lot.. Hall of Fame / Fame pieces.. 

We have a spot called “Walls of Fame” in the city I am from - but mostly we just refer to them pieces. Sometimes there are slang terms like burners etc…..

If multiple artists collaborate we call it a production sometimes…..

Really the terminology isn’t very important  I guess, I just had not heard the term you use before.

But even for your native language being Portuguese or Spanish - the English is good. 

4 minutes ago, fat ralphy said:

We have a spot called “Walls of Fame” in the city I am from - but mostly we just refer to them pieces. Sometimes there are slang terms like burners etc…..

If multiple artists collaborate we call it a production sometimes…..

Really the terminology isn’t very important  I guess, I just had not heard the term you use before.

But even for your native language being Portuguese or Spanish - the English is good. 

Thanks man! Really appreciate it!
Did you like the zine? 

The design is so nice.

The interview is fantastic and overall it looks good.

But I think if you're going to sell the magazine you'll need more than 40 photos.

Design wise less is more but content wise more is more.

I think there needs to be a bit of work on sourcing content besides getting it from instagram.

What is  your goal with the mag besides "I want to make a magazine"??

is it "I want to make a mag showcasing the best in Portugese graffiti" or what?

Write that down then look and decide whether you've achieved that goal.

I hope that's been constructive criticism - I would love to see more because you make a dope looking product.

Edited by Schnitzel
  • Truth 1

The mag looks good. Im tired so I didn’t read the interview. But I did like the quality of the images you posted. There is just a lot of dead space on the pages. You are missing an opportunity to cram those margins with lewd doodles, pictures of roadkill, or the homies posing in a b-boy stance.

I was thinking that with all the free graffiti on the internet that mags were dead, but the cool thing is, anybody can upload their shitty graffiti to Instagram but not just anybody will be featured in a mag!

Good luck to you!

• Like 2