Squid Games...

SukiSukiNow

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • 4 weeks later...

Anyways, I started it a couple of days ago and I’m about half way through. So far I love it. A bit bias because I love everything that comes out of Seoul I reckon. Rad concept and the old timer is definitely my favorite. I got a real soft spot for old timers. Especially old Asian dudes. Big fan of pickpocket too. She’s got some hella dsl’s lololol. A lot of anxiety poppin in there but it’s wearing off and I’m more just interested in the winner. Honorable mention to the pakastani guy. 

• Like 1

Crushed the series in two days when I was sick.

I don’t think the second season will live up - but the Koreans come ill with the cinema so there is a chance.

I think this is one of the better foreign works Netflix has picked up…..maybe the best actually. 

Overall the whole thing was well done, the plot, the acting everything…..I watched in subtitles which I think keeps more authentic.

I am sure no one sleeping on Korean classic Old Boy or more recent parasite, these folks know how to weave together a fucking story. 

Also Korean chicks are hot.

• Truth 3

A student in North Korea has been sentenced to death by a firing squad for selling copies of Netflix’s hit show Squid Game.

He is said to have smuggled the banned series into the Communist state on a stashed USB drive from China.

He was caught after selling copies to several people including fellow students, according to sources in the country cited by Radio Free Asia (RFA).

It is understood he will be executed by firing squad – one of the brutal methods by which characters in the horror series are also killed.

Kim Jong said you wanna watch squid games? hold up this mirror ill show you squid games 
----

DF131AA9-C5F2-45F2-A9B7-4875E56431AF.gif

On 11/24/2021 at 7:47 PM, fat ralphy said:

Anyone have further recommendations on Korean cinema or series?

Lady I work with said to check out “Along with the Gods” which is a trilogy she brought up when I mentioned Old Boy.

The Host 

Train to Busan 

Kingdom (series, and also a stand alone movie)

I Saw the Devil also very good 

what’s the statute of limitations on spoilers here.  I only want to say I absolutely hated the final scene.

Edited by metronome
  • Props 2