12oz Tips Series: Don’t Talk To The Police

misteraven

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

@Dark_Knightlying to the police is the best. Coming up there were like 25 of us that had the same fictional character on standby that we could rat out if shit got too hectic. I know I employed this name probably close to a dozen times and was happy to let the police go chase down this mysterious hoodlum. I know all of us had used this name a bunch. I got to thinking about this several years ago and wondered if any of these police cross referenced this mystery man and started building a huge case against him and god forbid anyone ever had that name and fit the description.

• Like 2
  • LOL! 1

If a cop is asking you questions, they're trying to pin a crime one someone, most likely you. Be polite, smile, relax, and shut the fuck up. Don't be an asshole to them, don't insult them, just simply shut the fuck up. 

"No offense, but I 'm going to invoke my 5th amendment right to remain silent at this time." 

That's it. 

• Truth 1

9 hours ago, Dark_Knight said:

Cops are typically pretty dumb dudes and if you convince them that they’re smarter than you then it’s easy to manipulate their beliefs. I’ve literally talked myself out of so much shit. Pro talking to cops. Pro lying always to them.

this is also true. i am NOT good enough at keeping a straight face to pull this off but you're almost always dealing with a dumbass who subsists on gas station food  

I had a friend who was super white/affluent looking that could talk his way out every time. Doesn't work so well for me, I've literally never gotten a warning and being mixed, switch my demeanor up to white as possible when I'm pulled over. My white friends almost always just get off with a warning unless it's a know revenue generating trap.

Only exception I can think of was when they almost caught me red handed one time, coming out of an abandoned building between Forbes and 5th (busy area in Pittsburgh's "hill district"). Used gloves so no overspray nail color, and I still had on semi presentable work clothes from my buss boy gig so like a button up, slacks, and all black dress shoes with a non-biker/punk rock bro brown leather jacket. Painted a 3 color straight letter on the top floor, in reverse on the inside of a huge window so you could read it from outside. Came out OK but I fucked up the quote though where I was clowning someone/something, so instead of saying ha ha ha, it said "ah ah ah", and it's impossible to fix that shit.

Anyway, I'm paranoid, and hid my bag inside before rolling out because something didn't feel right. We didn't know someone had called us in, so when we stepped out cops were waiting just around the corner from the exit we came out of into the ally. The homies who were behind me ran, but I wasn't in a position to having already turned the corner almost bumping into them. Cop grabs me, I look at him like "what the fuck" and somehow had him convinced I didn't know those dudes who ran, pretended I had just dipped into the alley to take a piss while waiting for the bus there, but got spooked by the dudes that came out that exit and ran. He started to believe me somewhat, then decided to go for the pat down, and I fucked up. Left a black kiwi shoe polish (a mop before krink was invented) in my jacket's inside pocket. Cop was like "Ah ha, what is this", and I just looked at him like he was retarded, and in my whitest voice said "that's shoe polish dude" and stuck out my black (dull as fuck never polished) work shoe and pointed to it. After realizing I probably had a job, the cop just assumed I was OK, gave my shit back, and let me go. I couldn't believe it.

• Like 1
  • Props 6

On 9/20/2021 at 10:50 AM, Mercer said:

I had a friend who was super white/affluent looking that could talk his way out every time. Doesn't work so well for me, I've literally never gotten a warning and being mixed, switch my demeanor up to white as possible when I'm pulled over. My white friends almost always just get off with a warning unless it's a know revenue generating trap.

Only exception I can think of was when they almost caught me red handed one time, coming out of an abandoned building between Forbes and 5th (busy area in Pittsburgh's "hill district"). Used gloves so no overspray nail color, and I still had on semi presentable work clothes from my buss boy gig so like a button up, slacks, and all black dress shoes with a non-biker/punk rock bro brown leather jacket. Painted a 3 color straight letter on the top floor, in reverse on the inside of a huge window so you could read it from outside. Came out OK but I fucked up the quote though where I was clowning someone/something, so instead of saying ha ha ha, it said "ah ah ah", and it's impossible to fix that shit.

Anyway, I'm paranoid, and hid my bag inside before rolling out because something didn't feel right. We didn't know someone had called us in, so when we stepped out cops were waiting just around the corner from the exit we came out of into the ally. The homies who were behind me ran, but I wasn't in a position to having already turned the corner almost bumping into them. Cop grabs me, I look at him like "what the fuck" and somehow had him convinced I didn't know those dudes who ran, pretended I had just dipped into the alley to take a piss while waiting for the bus there, but got spooked by the dudes that came out that exit and ran. He started to believe me somewhat, then decided to go for the pat down, and I fucked up. Left a black kiwi shoe polish (a mop before krink was invented) in my jacket's inside pocket. Cop was like "Ah ha, what is this", and I just looked at him like he was retarded, and in my whitest voice said "that's shoe polish dude" and stuck out my black (dull as fuck never polished) work shoe and pointed to it. After realizing I probably had a job, the cop just assumed I was OK, gave my shit back, and let me go. I couldn't believe it.

This one earned both a 'Truth' AND 'LOL!' However, I can only give one reaction. 

"Left a black kiwi shoe polish (a mop before krink was invented) in my jacket's inside pocket."

Hah, Thai police once found a bottle of Kiwi in my shirt pocket. They were not hip to it tho, just put it back in my pocket and said, OK with a hand gesture to move along

• Like 1
  • Props 1

15 hours ago, Ko SprueOne said:

This one earned both a 'Truth' AND 'LOL!' However, I can only give one reaction. 

"Left a black kiwi shoe polish (a mop before krink was invented) in my jacket's inside pocket."

Hah, Thai police once found a bottle of Kiwi in my shirt pocket. They were not hip to it tho, just put it back in my pocket and said, OK with a hand gesture to move along

That had to be a weird one for the corporate guys at Kiwi. "Sir, our new shoe polish applicator sales are skyrocketing, customers love them so much they're shoplifting them out of control". "Good, that new product you've designed is doing very well, seems like a promotion is well overdue for you young man. Keep up the good work" KR, or another writer probably had a corporate gig working at Kiwi early in their career. Those mops were just perfect.

• Truth 1
  • LOL! 2

7 hours ago, Mercer said:

That had to be a weird one for the corporate guys at Kiwi. "Sir, our new shoe polish applicator sales are skyrocketing, customers love them so much they're shoplifting them out of control". "Good, that new product you've designed is doing very well, seems like a promotion is well overdue for you young man. Keep up the good work" KR, or another writer probably had a corporate gig working at Kiwi early in their career. Those mops were just perfect.

Perfect on smooth surfaces, yes.

I wonder what they were thinking. It was after midnight and I was wearing flip-flops

• Like 1
  • Truth 1