Texas Abortion Law Opens Door For “Vigilante” Civil Suits

abrasivesaint

https://www.politico.com/news/2021/09/01/supreme-court-texas-abortion-ban-508275

“Beyond outlawing abortion as early as six weeks into a pregnancy, the Texas law, signed in May, would deputize citizens to file civil suits against abortion providers or anyone who helps facilitate the procedure after six weeks, such as a person who drives a pregnant person to the clinic. Individuals found to have violated the law would have to pay $10,000 to the person who successfully brings such a suit — a bounty abortion rights advocates warn will encourage harassment, intimidation and vigilantism.”

Edited by abrasivesaint
  • Truth 2

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

This is the most ridiculous authoritarian shit I have ever seen in my life. From what I understand this type of snitchery also conveys to intent to help or conspiracy to help. So without actually doing anything you could have an anonymous snitchster get you brought up on thought crimes. I expected better from Texas.

On 9/2/2021 at 1:04 AM, mr.yuck said:

This is the most ridiculous authoritarian shit I have ever seen in my life. From what I understand this type of snitchery also conveys to intent to help or conspiracy to help. So without actually doing anything you could have an anonymous snitchster get you brought up on thought crimes. I expected better from Texas.

this law is some fucked up shit.

• Truth 3