Profit Over People

abrasivesaint

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

On a side note I've been road tripping all month in the southwest and I'm finally home. If I never eat fast food again it will be too soon. Saw more than one $18 per hour sign in these spots, and clearly noticed a need for increased patience, and incompetence tolerance when dealing with these under staffed venues. That said, I'm not mad that the more competent workers I'm used to flipping my McGriddle™ and filling my coffee have moved on to better opportunities/futures even if it's slightly inconvenient.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

I think Amazon is crooked af.  I stopped using them a long time ago and have been just fine finding other places to get stuff from.  It's almost as if they never existed to me now.

I'm sick of seeing these stupid commercials about how Amazon pays people 15 dollars an hour.  That's cute and it sounds great, but $15/hr isn't really a lot of money for anyone..... especially not with this inflation.  Make no mistake either, this isn't some "natural inflation"..... this is a direct result of policy.  How cool is $15/hr when 1gal of milk costs $8.  Or your fuel, horse piss grade 85 or 87 octane costs over $5/gallon.  This "high pay" for warehouse/courier work is a numbers game for people that don't understand economics very well.

Getting rid of real cash registers and switching to these ipad smart kiosks for payment has ushered in this "tip for everything" idea.  I just hate it when the hipster operating the damn thing spins it around towards you and says "it's going to ask you a couple of questions."  What they mean to say is, "it's going to ask you if you want to help me make more money than my employer agreed to pay me because I don't understand what it actually takes to get a pay raise for myself in life."

Working for tips is a spider's life.

• Truth 2

I was just looking at a sign at the local McDonald’s which bragged that they were paying $12. Taking the maximum legal deductions on my tax form, 40 hrs a week wouldn’t pay my mortgage which is well below the national average at this point in time. None of these companies give a shit about anyone.

• Truth 2

I would say props but I can't help but to think you've relinquished control over some aspect of your life (that most others handle for themselves). 

it's important to control your own upward momentum. Nobody cares about you getting ahead in life as much as you do. 

id ditch the union fuckery because they're not actually providing you anything that you cannot do yourself. I know that's some hard pills to swallow if that's mostly all you've ever known with all kinds of friends and family working for unions. 

I associate unions with mob faggots like the greasy wop Italians trying to control all the plumping and electricity jobs in all the pizza pie shops. Didn't pay your dues. Would be a shame if Luigi didn't show up to fix your leaky pipes that Mario came by and tapped with a hammer to crack over night. It would be a reallll shame. 

19 minutes ago, metronome said:

I dunno, is insider trading really fooling the plebes?  I suppose she is getting elected. 

Only a fooled plebe would think it's ethical for a legislator than can effect stock prices to profit on trading said stocks, to the tune of hundreds of millions of dollars.

7 hours ago, metronome said:

I dunno, is insider trading really fooling the plebes?  I suppose she is getting elected. 

definitely. Publicly traded companies take the "investment" of people buying stocks in them without the benefit of knowing industry secrets like what contracts wouldn't be renewed soon or deals to absorb other businesses via acquisitions. 

normal investors don't usually have access to that kind of info that pelosi is benefiting handsomely off of and that's what makes it very illegal. 

Edited by Dirty_habiT

11 hours ago, metronome said:

I believe she's also used her position to direct her husband's real estate investments too?  In short, fuck that bitch.

This is probably the worst Democrats grift. Invest in real estate, then restrict new development in a city pretending you just don't want "gentrification" (anti-white racism he perfect grift these days), and watch your studio apartment's rent shoot up to $4000 a month. Watched it go down live in Brooklyn, and Harlem while I was in NYC. Good luck buying in either now unless you're rich, or hustle extra hardbody 24/7.

• Like 1
  • Truth 1

• 4 weeks later...