The UK basically just made protesting illegal.

abrasivesaint

“This new law would allow the police to clampdown on protests for being too noisy, and create 10-year prison sentences just for causing someone ‘serious annoyance’.

The bill would also introduce longer prison sentences for serial burglars, knife carriers, killer drivers and children who commit murder, as well as changing release provisions to keep some prisoners inside for longer.”

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/uknews/policing-bill-mps-vote-for-e2-80-98draconian-e2-80-99-protest-laws-despite-mounting-opposition/ar-AALNL7y

• Like 1

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
16 hours ago, abrasivesaint said:

The bill would also introduce longer prison sentences for serial burglars, knife carriers, killer drivers and children who commit murder, as well as changing release provisions to keep some prisoners inside for longer.”

This is good

16 hours ago, abrasivesaint said:

“This new law would allow the police to clampdown on protests for being too noisy, and create 10-year prison sentences just for causing someone ‘serious annoyance’.

This is bullshit

10 hours ago, Kults said:
On 7/5/2021 at 4:26 PM, abrasivesaint said:

This is good

I’d say parts of this are arguable. What exactly is a serial burglar? If it’s an addict, longer prison sentences certainly isn’t going to help reform shit. It reminds me of 3 strike laws, which i think are generally bullshit if it’s a non-violent offense. 

UK knife laws seem ridiculous. I get that their violent crime involves a lot of stabbings, it just seems relatable to gun laws in the US. Low hanging fruit and all that. 

I’m also very weary of the vagueness of the extending sentences clause at the end.

I mean i’m not a citizen of the UK, ha, but fucking hell that seems like some doo doo. 

Edited by abrasivesaint
  • Like 1
  • Truth 1