God exists. Prove me wrong.

Dirty_habiT

Just now, abrasivesaint said:

I’m back in MA dawg. If you’re gonna make threats and are feeling froggy, ask around, people know me. 

I’m equating the general demeanor of some members around here to West Baptist, not the actions of man to those of your God. Lot’s of dudes throwing around god this and that and faggots this and that.. just saying.

Oh you didnt check in when you got back, run that shit tho so you have a problem with the language?

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
6 minutes ago, Mercer said:

I often think about this, like if we're just in a simulation created by a sentient being, and being vetted before exiting this matrix, would god have a sense of humor? Would they even care if you believed he came down here that one time and somehow and fathered himself. Everyone seems to think that's the only thing that matters, blind faith, I fully disagree.

God didn't "father himself".  I'm not sure where that idea came from.  Nobody has ever claimed that that I've heard (not now here in this thread or ever).  This is only something I've heard coined by self proclaimed non-believers.

1 minute ago, abrasivesaint said:

It’s quite hilarious that y’all cant tell when i’m being a goober ass troll and being serious, and if you paid any attention, i never claimed i was an atheist. 

its actually not hilarious it would show more about your communication skills or lack there of 

5 minutes ago, abrasivesaint said:

I’m equating the general demeanor of some members around here to West Baptist, not the actions of man to those of your God. Lot’s of dudes throwing around god this and that and faggots this and that.. just saying.

Let's hear your list of charges executioner.  I think the atheists are sensitive, they get threatened when God is mentioned and bare their teeth.  There's a reason for this.  It's not because they wish to vehemently defend "reality".  It is because the idea that God even exists is threatening to them because it is scary to think that you're not in control.

Once you are comfortable with this idea it becomes very easy to understand that He exists.

5 minutes ago, abrasivesaint said:

It’s quite hilarious that y’all cant tell when i’m being a goober ass troll and being serious, and if you paid any attention, i never claimed i was an atheist. 

Well I mean, it is all text so it's always difficult to tell emotion or whether someone is being sarcastic.  I want to see other people (everyone) go towards the light, that's all I'm after.

What if I told you that your family members that you've lost are waiting for you in the afterlife?  Would you refute this as untrue and deny them their chance to spend eternity with you?  I know some would, but it's not a risk I'm willing to take.  It isn't possible to save everyone.

It's much harder to go against the idea that God exists than it is to go with it IMO.

14 minutes ago, where said:

Whatever anyone wants to do with their lives deserves the same type of respect,

from this.

12 minutes ago, where said:

hating on god is the ultimate cappin

these faggots literally wanna cast doubt skipping stones over existence and its honestly sad 

To this.. 

L oh fucking L.

14 minutes ago, Mercer said:

I often think about this, like if we're just in a simulation created by a sentient being, and being vetted before exiting this matrix, would god have a sense of humor? Would they even care if you believed he came down here that one time and somehow and fathered himself. Everyone seems to think that's the only thing that matters, blind faith, I fully disagree.

Ya I tend to agree. Maybe not blind faith but I wouldn't go around trashing him or comparing him to a fairy either. To each their own though I'm no preacher.

Wanna take that risk cause it makes ya feel edgy, go for it

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Dirty_habiT said:

It is because the idea that God even exists is threatening to them because it is scary to think that you're not in control

3 minutes ago, Dirty_habiT said:

It’s much harder to go against the idea that God exists than it is to go with it IMO.

It’s also scary for people to think they’re not in control so they put it in the hands of God.. 

2 minutes ago, Dirty_habiT said:

What if I told you that your family members that you've lost are waiting for you in the afterlife?  Would you refute this as untrue and deny them their chance to spend eternity with you?  I know some would, but it's not a risk I'm willing to take.  It isn't possible to save everyone.

That’s all well and good. Live your life boo boo. 

We went from the existence of God to the tenets of Christianity.

• Like 1

For some people claiming to be respectful, and understanding, y’all sure are getting a little aggressive and pushy about YOUR god being in MY life. 

and again, i never said i was an atheist. I think atheism is as blindly faithful in their belief a God doesn’t exist as those who believe one does. 

...and this is why i don’t like religion. 

• Like 2

For the record me personally I'm not saying god doesn't exist I guess more so it's up for interpretation.. I believe there is some form of a higher power but what that exactly is isn't for me to determine.. I used the hieroglyphics in my other post as an example for if aliens did in fact visit the Egyptians they themselves look at them as gods.. to whereas us in present time look at god as explained in the bible.. but other religions paint god in a different picture other than let's say Christianity to whatever else, does that necessarily mean that they're wrong? No it's just up to interpretation really.. and going back onto religion like I said there's truths in every one of them as well as faults and I feel that God is kind of scratching his head as to why it's gotta be so complicated.. I look at it as simply be thankful and humble for what was created and given to you by god/whatever higher power you believe in, show love and compassion to your fellow humans and don't be a fucking dick to people.. idk that's just the way I look at it.. also with the other statement saying that God can't create right cause of flaws in his design or whatever who's to say god didn't create the atoms and molecules in everyday life himself as well as your DNA strand? Could god be directly contributed to science as well? Is science simply nothing but discovering the intricacies of gods design? Can we not fathom the two coinciding with eachother because of the distinction between science and faith? Who knows.. like I said, not for me to determine and its up for interpretation.. but whatever you or he or she wanna believe is cool.. some might be silly sure and we can crack jokes in a loving way about the differences, just show love and respect regardless of belief I think is ultimately gods plan...

*QueueDrakesGodsPlan*

1322021462_giphy(4).gif.13321a7c3df95766f42281d4794d5416.gif

• Props 1

I don't mean to be mean to anyone, and i wholly believe in god because of things ive seen but trying to find a unifying theory of god and all the condition it would impose on society i fundamentally appose. The question was posed well, can you disprove the existence of god, and the answer seems like its no.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, where said:

theres levels too this im  hella flawed but i dont tell people how they should think, we're different. 

I’m not telling you not to believe in God my dude, you’re telling me that people like me are faggots for doubting your beliefs. Your are ABSOLUTELY telling me what i should be thinking. 

6 minutes ago, abrasivesaint said:

It’s also scary for people to think they’re not in control so they put it in the hands of God.. 

That’s all well and good. Live your life boo boo. 

We went from the existence of God to the tenets of Christianity.

I think that's an ok evolution of the thread, but not it's intended end at all.  I think this can be discussed without bringing Christianity into it.  I won't necessarily be good at discussing a lot without Christianity because that is what I have experience with and faith in.

I agree reality is scary and that is one reason why I put it in the hands of God.  He is the sole reason I'm not afraid of any of this covid shit.  I'm literally not afraid of it at all.  I'm not afraid of getting sick from it either, I'm not afraid to die because I KNOW what my future holds.  I don't think anyone refuting God can say the same.  They have no clue what their future holds and they won't if they don't talk with God.

I'm sure some people think I'm wild for starting this thread or talking about it.  I think we all know eachother well enough here to have this convo without people getting too offended.  We meme the shit out of this site all the time, people are spicy af to eachother here, this should be one thread we can discuss in without derailing into nonsense.

I am no preacher, and I'm admittedly not an expert on Christianity.  I read the Bible in jail as many people do.... even though I was raised going to church twice on sunday and once on wednesday.  I could see myself one day working for the church.  I feel guilty actually for not going to church in my adult life.  I should go but I don't want to go to a place that has the wrong intentions and I'm sure those are easy to find.  This is something that causes contention with people, you see people dancing with snakes and it's easy to write off as they're nuts (and they may very well be nuts).... but it keeps people from hearing anything they have to say or share because they've been judged already by someone that isn't a judge.

I consider my relationship to be personal between me and Him, this is the most sharing I've done about what I think on the subject that I've done in a very long time.  I think it's productive for everyone reading along even if they're not posting.

1 minute ago, abrasivesaint said:

I’m not telling you not to believe in God my dude, you’re telling me that people like me are faggots for doubting your beliefs. Your are ABSOLUTELY telling me what i should be thinking. 

Im not telling what to do but if you said that shit to me i would do to you what I feel was right in the moment and worry how things would be handled appropriately later , i understand from what you have said that this is why you dont like religion because it empowers behavior like that, thats just the way it is playboy nut up on a life level before you try to swing dicks about your opinions of god (little l in your respect)

I'd also like to point out that I'd not even be talking about this to anyone here if I didn't care about you all.  That isn't bullshit, I mean it.  Everyone here is family to me even if we don't always get along and we troll eachother or disagree on things.

• Truth 1

12 minutes ago, Dark_Knight said:

@Dirty_habiTso you believe that the Bible is to be taken as a literal text? This debate is hopeless if this is the case.

Not at all.  I don't think that to be the case.  I think some parts could be taken literally and others not, but there is no guide to how one should interpret the Bible.  I think the Holy Spirit guides people in this venture when they are prepared for it.

9 minutes ago, abrasivesaint said:

For some people claiming to be respectful, and understanding, y’all sure are getting a little aggressive and pushy about YOUR god being in MY life. 

and again, i never said i was an atheist. I think atheism is as blindly faithful in their belief a God doesn’t exist as those who believe one does. 

...and this is why i don’t like religion. 

I don't think you're far from a spot where you'd believe.  I think deep down you might but you have doubts.

I struggled with faith when I was younger (not placing my level of understanding on anyone else with that statement btw) because it was crazy to me to believe something I couldn't see or hear easily.  I've changed, however.  Now it's crazier for me to believe that there are so many out there that are going through life as "lost" as I was.  That's not meant as a jab or to put myself on a pedestal.  In fact, it's the opposite, it's those people that need the most attention and help/focus.

I no longer worry about whether I'll have money to pay rent.  It's not because I'm rich or have a pile of money stashed anywhere.

I no longer worry about death.  I know that it will come when my time is here.

I don't worry about whether my gf is doing things against our relationship.  I trust her because I believe we were meant to be together, and it wasn't by chance that we met.

I believe people have angels visit them often in many forms.  I would think that when you had the motorcycle thing you may have considered these things.

I fear really only one thing.... truly fear.... and that is God himself.

I used to be afraid of cancer and heart problems.... but I know that if that's how I go that it will be ok and it's all meant to be that way.

6 minutes ago, Dirty_habiT said:

I'm literally not afraid of it at all.  I'm not afraid of getting sick from it either, I'm not afraid to die because I KNOW what my future holds.  I don't think anyone refuting God can say the same.  They have no clue what their future holds and they won't if they don't talk with God.

Neither am I, and if you believe you KNOW what happens, i’m happy for ya.

I believe it will be a lot of nothing, I won’t know. Some people who have had near death experiences make claims of visions of God. My near death experience from bleeding out on the side of the road from a severed artery was a whole lot of nothingness, i didn’t know i was unconscious.. And if it's a whole lot of nothingness when i’m dead, i fear not, for i won’t know. 

Do i know this as a certainty? Absolutely not. Just like i don’t think it can be said God and an afterlife exists as a certainty. 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, where said:

I don't mean to be mean to anyone, and i wholly believe in god because of things ive seen but trying to find a unifying theory of god and all the condition it would impose on society i fundamentally appose. The question was posed well, can you disprove the existence of god, and the answer seems like its no.

there is a correction to this, i wouldnt impose those conditions on society thats the hadron times infinity and i fundamentally appose that economically

Im not telling what to do but if you said that shit to me i would do to you what I feel was right in the moment and worry how things would be handled appropriately later

There’s a lot of Jihadi’s in the Middle East who feel the same way.. 
There were a lot of Crusaders who felt the same way..

If you believe you have the right to do “what you feel is right in the moment” in the name of your God, then you have a lot more in common with a Jihadi than you may want to believe hombre.