God exists. Prove me wrong.

Dirty_habiT

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
3 minutes ago, abrasivesaint said:

But, have you asked them? I’m no time traveler, but i’d probably skip over visiting Gaza at the moment. 

We're all time travelers, traveling forward through time.  I'm of course saying this as a joke.  I would never tell anyone I'm a time traveler traveling forward through time.

Time travel, I imagine, would rely upon the concept of teleportation.  So your matter, you're made up of, would have to some how deconstruct, turn invisible, and then move to another location and time, and reassemble.  The device doing so would need to know the difference between the atoms making up your cells and the atoms making up anything else around you.  Does it grab the bacteria attached to your skin as well or is that left behind because it's "not you"?

I'd be really interested to hear, from the mouth of one of you guys here, how time travel works or your theory of how it works.  And I mean without linking to some white board drawing youtube channel or flash cartoons.  Your description.

It seems like an incredible feat of technology that we're nowhere even close to being able to create.

There are so many things less complicated than time travel that science cannot explain.

2 minutes ago, Dirty_habiT said:

I'd be really interested to hear, from the mouth of one of you guys here, how time travel works or your theory of how it works. 

2 minutes ago, Dirty_habiT said:

It seems like an incredible feat of technology that we're nowhere even close to being able to create

Exactly. That’s why they’re from the future, breh.

You again answered your own question. 

image.thumb.jpeg.3ccf1c402afec8ccf8bb8ad766676e60.jpegAnother good quote I took a pic of from the book contact. The story is about humans first contact with aliens but it talks about religion at parts too. It’s a fiction book. Just like the Bible. A little better and more believable tho. 

Kurzgesagt videos are great. They use ‘flash cartoons’ so scientific studies can be more approachable. You should watch more of what they offer. 

• Like 1

I feel were nowhere near even trying to comprehend time travel right now due to the fact alot of our technology is more surrounding cool/dumb tech bullshit and tiktok balogna... I do feel that alot of our tech innovation can be utilized in more useful ways but I am impressed with most I've seen so far but just hope that some of the "breakthroughs" or whatever isn't used for stupid shit (nerdalert) BUT, since we're on the subject of time travel there are pictures that nobody can explain of black and white photos with people in the backround that are dressed in no way shape or form from that era in time.. most infamous one is a dude wearing sunglasses and a t-shirt Inna crowd of suits even though sunglasses weren't invented until 1929...

Also I do believe there is a higher power SOMEWHERE some how.. our human minds can only comprehend so much.. kind of like in dogma how Alan Rickman was the voice of god because if she spoke our minds wouldn't be able to handle it and wed just spontaneously combust or some shit.. but religion in it's entirety is kind of meh to me.. another analogy, in avatar the last Airbender when uncle iroh was trying to teach zuko fire bending techniques he created by utilizing other forms of bending zuko thought he was nuts and didn't understand why learn water bending techniques if you're a fire bender..

“It is important to draw wisdom from many different places. If you take it from only one place, it becomes rigid and stale. Understanding others, the other elements and the other nations will help you become whole”

I feel that this can be applied to religion.. you can pull truths and wisdoms from every religion imo so all this "my religion is right and yours is wrong" is mad redundant to me.. but that's neither here nor there.. but yeah who's to say that God is the deity we've all pictured for years or simply another alien species we deemed as God, ie hieroglyphics of UFOs and blahblahblah, or like some matrix shit just some fuckin old white dude in a room with mad TV's.. the world may never know.. 

• Like 1

Also quite hilarious that we’re simultaneously talking about your “gay pedos” post and God..

The John Jay report indicated that some 11,000 allegations had been made against 4,392 priests in the USA.

The report determined that, during the period from 1950 to 2002, a total of 10,667 individuals had made allegations of child sexual abuse.

https://www.bishop-accountability.org/reports/2004_02_27_JohnJay_revised/2004_02_27_John_Jay_Main_Report_Optimized.pdf

None of you naysayers could disprove the existence of God so you should quit while you are ahead, if you open your mouth or in this case type about limited negative views about deities and existence you just show your getfuckedness and should shut (the fuck) up in general. Great thread @Dirty_habiT

• Like 1
  • LOL! 1

1 hour ago, Dark_Knight said:

image.thumb.jpeg.3ccf1c402afec8ccf8bb8ad766676e60.jpegAnother good quote I took a pic of from the book contact. The story is about humans first contact with aliens but it talks about religion at parts too. It’s a fiction book. Just like the Bible. A little better and more believable tho. 

Kurzgesagt videos are great. They use ‘flash cartoons’ so scientific studies can be more approachable. You should watch more of what they offer. 

I'm familiar with the style of channel that does that.... and it does have merit in explaining complicated things in a simpler way but some things are not meant to be dumbed down.

Your post was not bad until you said "Just like the bible."  That's an odd hill to choose if you ask me.  You cannot prove it's fiction and the counter to me saying that is not to attempt making me prove it's non-fiction.  You obviously know that I cannot, just like I know that you cannot.

1 hour ago, abrasivesaint said:

Where is your god?

He is all around us all the time.

I'm blessed every day man.  Plenty of good things have come my way unexpectedly.

All I see from my atheist friends here in Austin is struggling vs. me, I'm well taken care of.  I cannot attribute that only to my actions that I've made on the Earth because that would be foolish of me to believe I could be responsible for "happenstance".  I have limited control over what I'm able to do and the rest is not in my hands.  I'm at complete comfort with this way of life and it has served my family and my gf's familly well with no sign of it not in the future.

1 hour ago, abrasivesaint said:

Also quite hilarious that we’re simultaneously talking about your “gay pedos” post and God..

The John Jay report indicated that some 11,000 allegations had been made against 4,392 priests in the USA.

The report determined that, during the period from 1950 to 2002, a total of 10,667 individuals had made allegations of child sexual abuse.

https://www.bishop-accountability.org/reports/2004_02_27_JohnJay_revised/2004_02_27_John_Jay_Main_Report_Optimized.pdf

Man, I dunno if this is some Catholic stuff or what, but there has been corruption in the church for many years.  This is the same attempt at villifying religion as it is when people try saying all cops are bad for what a few have done.... except this is maybe even a little more outlandish.

"All people believing in God are wrong because the actions of some Catholics have proven so."

"All fire fighters are wrong because the police killed a guy they shouldn't have killed."

The statements are analogies of eachother.

1 minute ago, abrasivesaint said:

12oz is starting to feel real West Baptist Church-y.

What kind of dumb ass fucking people would equate the actions of man to the value of God? We just found out who people are  @abrasivesaintif you do come back to MA try to grow some cause we don't need more idiots, its ok for you to feel a certain way about how your want to live your life and your psychology but to put your opinions out like that is dangerous and if we ever crossed paths I would struggle to not grab you by the back of your neck and impose my will on you like an animal if I wasn't working on myself. 

• LOL! 1

Those two statements don't contradict eachother.  I don't see what the issue is or what you're showing other than a lack of understanding about what I've said.

You "find evidence" of all types of crazy things that are far fetched, but it's difficult for you to find evidence of God?

To me, it's very easy.  I just open my eyes.

You ( @abrasivesaint) just told us you talked to a time traveler and he told you he went back in time, in this thread.  Interesting flex for sure I'd say.

Nobody's oppressing you so you don't have to act like "12oz feels xyz".  You can remove your participation from this thread whenever you like, but my suspicion is that you will not be able to.  This will tug at you probably forever until you no longer see it on the front page of the News section.

• LOL! 1

Just now, abrasivesaint said:

So are pixies and elves and other creatures of Narnia. You wouldnt know because they’re in cahoots with the time travelers and are lying to you. 

you actually typed this bullshit, i am continually astounded by the level people on this supposedly cool site will stoop 

• Truth 1

1 minute ago, abrasivesaint said:

So are pixies and elves and other creatures of Narnia. You wouldnt know because they’re in cahoots with the time travelers and are lying to you. 

its fine to be an atheist but do you really wanna double down on shit like this..?

Gonna be a pretty big matzah ball hangin out if you're wrong

• Truth 2

Curious what you guys do when a family member passes away if it's up to you.

You just chuck em in the bottom of a hole so animals don't eat the meat or something and call it good?

Genuinely curious if you turn off the atheism when someone you care for has passed away.

• Truth 1

1 minute ago, Kults said:

its fine to be an atheist but do you really wanna double down on shit like this..?

Gonna be a pretty big matzah ball hangin out if you're wrong

I often think about this, like if we're just in a simulation created by a sentient being, and being vetted before exiting this matrix, would god have a sense of humor? Would they even care if you believed he came down here that one time and somehow and fathered himself. Everyone seems to think that's the only thing that matters, blind faith, I fully disagree.

• Like 3

Just now, Mercer said:

I often think about this, like if we're just in a simulation created by a sentient being, and being vetted before exiting this matrix, would god have a sense of humor? Would they even care if you believed he came down here that one time and somehow and fathered himself. Everyone seems to think that's the only thing that matters, blind faith, I fully disagree.

at least youre thinking about it, no body has to think anything but hating on god is the ultimate cappin as a person just dealing with their familiar experience 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, where said:

What kind of dumb ass fucking people would equate the actions of man to the value of God? We just found out who people are  @abrasivesaintif you do come back to MA try to grow some cause we don't need more idiots, its ok for you to feel a certain way about how your want to live your life and your psychology but to put your opinions out like that is dangerous and if we ever crossed paths I would struggle to not grab you by the back of your neck and impose my will on you like an animal if I wasn't working on myself. 

I’m back in MA dawg. If you’re gonna make threats and are feeling froggy, ask around, people know me. 

I’m equating the general demeanor of some members around here to West Baptist, not the actions of man to those of your God. Lot’s of dudes throwing around god this and that and faggots this and that.. just saying.