So I'm getting vaxxed today, and my retarded ass is scared shitless

Mercer

Couple weeks ago I took my kids for a day in SF - trying to find something good for them to do ie. museum, academy of science etc

One place required that all adults show proof of vaccine and wanted negative tests in last 48 hours for kids 5-11. I took them to a place that required adult proof of vaccine but nothing else for kids other than temp screen.

Shit is wild in the City right now - proof of vaccine required for almost everything. Dining, venues etc

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
23 minutes ago, fat ralphy said:

/powerpostoner

I am required to test weekly at work and sometimes test twice - due to high risk shit like BJJ etc

My fucking nostrils would probably be scabbed shut after all of that. I've never once done a test, out of fear it would damage my shit. Glad you can still train though,. Haven't done shit myself since Feb 2020 and it shows.

Edited by Mercer

Fuck it bro - I live in California and the Bay Area is especially progressive and left. 

I am making some pretty good bread, shit aint nothing but a cue tip in the nose. I put worse up there plenty of times haha my point is I am willing to jump through some hoops to keep my stack going. 

Shit I just read that my employer is going to shoot 2.5k bonuses for all those who worked during Covid. 

• Props 4

23 hours ago, Mercer said:

Yea, I'm complaining but it could be worse. My Montreal homies got it real bad, and when people visit here from NYC they look shell shocked like "Are you sure I won't need a mask?" Bluebird is a dope venue for sure. Might be a smaller city but the people here do know how to enjoy a good show. Wifey hasn't been to the bluebird yet so I'm probably going to surprise her with tickets to something she likes pretty soon. You should come through, we're out here 4 wheeling like high functioning graffiti hillbillies in side by sides now, snow season is just around the corner.

A Denver visit is in the near future. Holden to be exact, but definitely down to link. I discovered the band “Weedeater” at that venue and it was fuckin epic. 10 years later still one of my favorite bands. 

Since the last time I posted about the vaccine in here I've gotten the phizer shot with my girl a lil while back.. only thing that sucked was after the 2nd shot I felt like doodoo but not that bad.. kind of like a mild hangover minus the booze.. all in all it's whatever.. haven't really been out like that except to some random bars with friends and everything's been relatively chill.. just put the mask on when walking about, take it off when you're drinking or eating..

I do have tickets to go see Gabriel Iglesias next week tho which I'm looking forward to and I'm also going to see suicide boys in concert on the 23rd I think.. haven't said nothing about vax cards or anything yet but I'll have em just in case.. also my girl found these card holders on Etsy that look like the multipass from the fifth element so now when or if anyone asks for it I'm just gonna whip it out and yell "MULTIPASS"..

I'm such a fucking nerd..

• Props 1
  • LOL! 1

54 minutes ago, nicklesndimes said:

getting a flu shot before my trip. some people are really anti putting things in their body and i get it, but, i just don't want to be fucked up w/ an illness when i'm trying to enjoy life.

The thing that kills me about most of the vocal anti-covid vax folks I know, that talk about this as a reason why, have no issues with smoking and doing tons of drugs.  All those are fine. 

• Truth 3
  • LOL! 1

Went in for my yearly physical/blood work and my doctor was pushing the flu vaccine which I've never taken in my life. I'm in my 40's now, and only had the flu twice. Took me turning it down 3 times before he gave up. Did get a tetanus/diphtheria/whooping cough vaccine, just because my childish ass still fucks around, so I still get snagged on barbed wire, and stabbed with sharp objects fairly often.  Turns out whooping cough is a thing here also. Apparently Boulder, CO (go figure, ultra progressive) has a big anti vaxx community that was anti vaxx before this Covid-19 shit. So whooping cough is making it's rounds here pretty hardbody like it's 1921. 

Went home and did some research, looks like the flu shot isn't as effective as a Covid vaccine like Moderna at making Covid mild, but it's somewhat helpful. Think you're 40% less likely to even contract Covid, or be hospitalized with the flu shot. So it might be a good look for me in November, since I'm going to as many live shows as I can from here on out.

On a side note, I wasn't so much of a pussy about getting a needle in my arm this time since there were two dudes in the room, my doctor, and the dude taking blood/giving shots. Apparently I'm more comfortable with my vaginal tendencies when I'm in a room full of women, and "man up" better around other dudes which I thought was hilarious in hindsight. Just flexing my fake non-fear, actually made me less fearful. Next time I'll just imagine it's a dude poking me /prohomo™

• Props 1

11 minutes ago, nicklesndimes said:

what kind of shows are popular there in co? like punk/hardcore stuff, or something more like indie? mainstream?

I've never been up there but I've always heard it summed up something along the lines of there are alot of dirty hippies there but they dont fuck around and will brawl.

@Mercer

It doesn't surprise me that they thave  a big anti-vax community. There was a big anti-vax push from people thinking that vaccines cause autism and I dont think that was every considered to be republiccant/conservative.

I think the only reason all of this is being labeled as political is because of how divided the country was at the time of covid, and how everything has become political. 

When you are a hammer, everything is seen as a nail. Also its much easier to blame the other side. Lately it feels like politics is the new racism/divide and conqueor. Make two teams, put them against each other and keep them busy hating each other instead of solving problems.

People are walking away from family members and long time friendships because they feel so strongly about something that if we are all honest here, none of us have the capacity to truely comprehend. I went to college for computer art, I've got no business trying to intrepret medical research documents.

This week, a girl I went to high school with died from Covid.  Outside of covid she was in good health, not overweight or anything. 

I had my shot back when they first came out but that was still pretty sobering. 

• Truth 1

3 hours ago, nicklesndimes said:

what kind of shows are popular there in co? like punk/hardcore stuff, or something more like indie? mainstream?

Basically it's the same shit as everywhere else. It's the only big city for hundreds of miles, and the Denver Metro area it's self  sits at around 3 million. Not big enough to support a noteworthy "scene" of local talent, granted I'm spoiled having lived in NYC longer than anywhere else. There are a few noteworthy bands form the area but not many, and those bands usually relocate HQ to one of the coasts if they're big enough. That said, Denver combined with all the populated rural areas surrounding it are definitely big enough to draw in just about every major/minor act that actually tours. I'm really not missing much being here. I mean Wu Tang just did their first show since the Pandemic started here. The crowds hare are dope too, no low energy slouching, they get hyped, and the venues here are even better. IMO people move here to enjoy life, as opposed to just being born here, or moving here for work, very unique spot to party. People don't have any energy for drama compared to most other places I've lived.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, diggity said:

I've never been up there but I've always heard it summed up something along the lines of there are alot of dirty hippies there but they dont fuck around and will brawl.

@Mercer

It doesn't surprise me that they thave  a big anti-vax community. There was a big anti-vax push from people thinking that vaccines cause autism and I dont think that was every considered to be republiccant/conservative.

I think the only reason all of this is being labeled as political is because of how divided the country was at the time of covid, and how everything has become political. 

When you are a hammer, everything is seen as a nail. Also its much easier to blame the other side. Lately it feels like politics is the new racism/divide and conqueor. Make two teams, put them against each other and keep them busy hating each other instead of solving problems.

People are walking away from family members and long time friendships because they feel so strongly about something that if we are all honest here, none of us have the capacity to truely comprehend. I went to college for computer art, I've got no business trying to intrepret medical research documents.

This week, a girl I went to high school with died from Covid.  Outside of covid she was in good health, not overweight or anything. 

I had my shot back when they first came out but that was still pretty sobering. 

I agree, I think 99% of the bullshit throughout history (if not all) stems from politics one way or another. Due to past deceptions, and the lack of credibility that results, I can understand how people wouldn't want to trust the system. At the same time I'm not for anyone forcing their views (even if they're my views) on other people. To me, it's really not that serious if someone else got vaccinated or not, IMO, so I don't give a fuck either way and feel like it's not my business.

Similarly, one of the few attendees of my wedding was permanently disabled from this virus (formerly a very healthy dude) at the very start of this last year, so I take it super seriously. Can't lie, I was hesitant and waited a couple of months to see what happened before getting the jab myself. Even though I think it's a smart move to get vaccinated against this shit, because of my strong, almost religious/fundamentalist beliefs in your body, your choice, I can't support the mainstreams push for 100% vaccination at all costs, so the only thing I can say is I'm not with either side on this. I'm just on my own side .

• 2 years later...

Maybe this is a news thread with the rules we made since this thread was created. If it gets contentious, we’ll move it. 

That said, in the years since, with everything that’s come out, officially and conspiracy / conjecture, what are everyone’s thoughts on this? I’m most especially interested in hearing from those that have already posted a position / opinion, especially in this thread. 

Again, not trying to get contentious or divisive, but has your stance changed since we now have quite a bit of hind sight we can look on?

I regret getting it, I still got covid, and I risked a bunch of other extremely bad consequences. I look back at that shit now like how retarded can I be. My calculations were off because I thought the vaccine's risks were lower than the risks associated with getting covid. I still think my anti-mandade stance was in line with my principals, and each person should have been allowed to either chose, or not choose to get it. Either way, turns out, by being vaxxed, you take on both the risks associated with the vaccine itself, and you still get the risks associated with covid because that "vaccine" absolutely doesn't work, even a little, and several studies and my own anecdotal experiences & observations since then are proof.

First they said you won't get/spread it. Then they said it reduces your chances of getting it by 80%, then 50%, then < 50%, then nothing, "but it keeps you from being hospitalized and dying from it". They skewed every study, and statistic regarding the vaccine the entire time which is also bullshit. There's no proof, just intentionally skewed statistics.

People stopped dying from it as much in general regardless of vaccine status. Those too sick to risk getting vaccinated were kept in the statistics because, well, they'd die from both covid, or from getting the vaccine of course. So if you count the unvaccinated deaths, and not acknowledge vaccine injured people, you can spin these statistics into lying to yourself into your comfy zone where you're always right and can't admit when you're wrong.

The so called "scientific" community went full authoritarian, and censored anyone who dissented from the government's position.  They literally lied to everyone one about this and I do not respect anyone who was supposed to be an "expert" who lied. Might as well pulled the cock out of a big pharma execs pants and sucked the balls out of it, which might have been more respectable than possibly injuring millions of people, killing some, by advising they get a bullshit vaccine that had a 0% chance of stopping you from getting the disease it supposedly prevented, and spreading it to others, but had pages of health risks associated with it. /yes_regrets oner

I got the first vaccine. When the shit first popped off a good friend only a year or two older than me caught the OG shit and it put him in the ER because he couldn't breathe. 

My anecdotal experiences says that masking works. I still wear my mask everywhere I go. I stay in the mix with the public. The only time I caught this shit was when I let my guard down around family not wearing my mask and some retarded 85 year old MAGA faggot came around knowing he had the shit and knocked a bunch of us off in one go. 

My uncle was unvaccinated and also died from COVID. No one was allowed into the room with him while he laid there dying alone. 

I don't really think about COVID anymore. I just make sure I have a mask and go about my life. Im not gonna get another shot. The virus is getting weaker and weaker with every mutation. People seem to be having a hard time with this most recent strain though. Mom dukes just getting over her 4th infection. Says she has lingering vertigo.

forrest-gump-thats-all-i-have-to-say.gif.0c9afc2b62b23ffb87e36cf5e3450779.gif

• Like 1

@Mercer I fall in your boat as far as being wrong. I got vaccinated but chose the J&J version as my understanding was it was a more conventional version and not mRNA based. I didn’t trust it, but I trusted the mRNA one even less, let alone having to take the mRNA version twice. I only did it for my wife and never wanted it. I was against it pretty much from the start, minus the natural uncertainty I think most felt about it all. By the time I got it, it was obvious that the reports didn’t match up to what I was observing and that the statistics, even if correct in their entirety, added up to a death rate of a tiny fraction of 1%. Pretty certain I said as much in the official thread on all that. Obviously a lot of people died, but not enough to over take a lot of other things that kill humans that go largely ignored at worst or get half hearted attention at best. Once they offered and then celebrated getting a vax for free Krispy Kream donuts, it was so ironic and such a massive surreal contradiction in my mind that I just could never go back to believing any of it.. Seemed straight out of the Onion or Babylon Bee. But it was important to my wife and I’ve always believed I’d put myself in harms way to protect my family, so was able to set aside my own position and do what she wanted me to do. Sucks, but I thought it through and did what I felt I needed to. 

I respect whatever position people have, up until we get to the point of mandates and trying to coerce / shame others. As an adult, it’s your body and your choice. Your rights only extend to yourself and not over the freedom, health or happiness of anyone else.

It’s an individual choice and though ultimately I was arguably coerced into it myself, ultimately I made my choice. It is super fucked no matter how you spin it, to strong arm another person into doing anything, let alone injecting an experimental vaccine or any vaccine for that matter.

I do hope as a country we learn from that experience and see it as a dark part of history whether you trust all the “experts” or see it as some sort of twisted conspiracy. We are definitely worse off as a nation in many regards having gone through it. The divisiveness as a country that was massively amplified with how they managed it, not being the least of it. 

Whichever side of the political divide you are on, I hope we all see what took place as massive government overreach. That they way overplayed their hand. And that they can’t be trusted. That regardless of political affiliation, or none at all, that all of us are best served being entirely skeptical of anything and everything that government has to say. That all of it should be heavily scrutinized independently and collectively and that every word, every action should be seen as wrong and invalid until they can convince most of the people otherwise. Trust and truth isn’t implied or expected and and every single step is proven and earned and then again on the next breath.