So I'm getting vaxxed today, and my retarded ass is scared shitless

Mercer

30 minutes ago, LUGR said:

I think it started in the original thread on page # 20 and then progressed to @Europebeing over it.

Hopefully, they are okay. Thread is definitely a trip to reread from the early days.

I see a whole lot of people trying to make sense of a topic that had / has most of the world freaked out and him being frustrated by the direction of the conversation. Not seeing anyone running him off. Curious cause he’s a good dude and OG member and if he chooses to leave because his point of view differs, it’s a much different thing than anyone running him off. Both are a bummer, but I can hopefully do something about the latter. 

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
34 minutes ago, misteraven said:

I see a whole lot of people trying to make sense of a topic that had / has most of the world freaked out and him being frustrated by the direction of the conversation. Not seeing anyone running him off. Curious cause he’s a good dude and OG member and if he chooses to leave because his point of view differs, it’s a much different thing than anyone running him off. Both are a bummer, but I can hopefully do something about the latter. 

Their last post was a response to you on page 28. I @Europe awhile back for an update, but no response. Hopefully they were able to stay healthy throughout and just left out of frustration.

Maybe “run off” is not the best term, but just like other long time users deciding to bounce, the overall climate/vibe of the forum may have been the deciding factor.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, LUGR said:

Their last post was a response to you on page 28. I @Europe awhile back for an update, but no response. Hopefully they were able to stay healthy throughout and just left out of frustration.

Maybe “run off” is not the best term, but just like other long time users deciding to bounce, the overall climate/vibe of the forum may have been the deciding factor.

Could be. But like everything else on the planet, people change, things change. At one point the forum was arguably the best place online to waste time. Later, that became Facebook. After that it was Instagram. Sometimes it’s phases and cycles, other times it’s just people evolving. End of the day, forum is what it is and reality is it’s largely dictated by all of us as a group. There’s the occasional asshole or funny guy that makes it worse or better individually but when it comes to an overall vibe, that vibe is the people and personalities here as a group. There hasn’t been any major changes in terms of structure or features or much of anything else done in years. Mainly it’s been the course of conversations that have changed and how we approach it. Again, considering how the dynamic has been reduced to what I described in my last comment, you’re stuck with echo chambers or a shit show of division and hate. Couple that with fatigue overall, both to politics, news and the world at large, regardless of what side you’re on… And yeah, shit is kinda lame everywhere.

Hopefully we can figure out how to build up our own little corner of the internet in such a way to escape most of it. Maybe not, but I’m trying. 

• Like 2

I'd rather not come in here at all if it's going to become another echo chamber for mainstream conformists. I feel like if one party in a philosophical disagreement is measuring their words, and avoiding any direct attacks on the other, that person "wins" whether I agree with them or not.

I mean I'm def not trying to offend anyone because for the most part I've got nothing but respect for anyone who hasn't directly attacked me on a personal level, which is pretty much everyone posting in this thread for the most part. That said, I feel like "run off" is a huge mischaracterization of someone who consistently approaches things with calm, measured language (something I'm slowly trying to emulate myself). Sometimes you can't help but offend people who approach their own beliefs as unquestionable religious edicts. Sometimes the only offense is not nodding in agreement, or keeping your opinion to yourself and people get extremely upset.

If I wanted to be part of an echo chamber of conformity, I'd join a globalist lefty community, or a right wing populist community. There are so many places one can go (even for obscure lines of thought) for non stop confirmation bias. For where this community comes from, I feel like that level of conformity, and intolerance for intellectual discussion is embarrassing. I value the diversity in opinion we have here, the free thinkers and people with unique individual perspectives, and above all else, butthole waxing humor.

• Like 2
  • Truth 1

Hi @LUGRand 12oz forum. 

At the time of "quitting" I felt the discussion was way of and it was really not something I needed running through my mind, so I discontinued my participation in the looooong ongoing thread. The world within the US and within my country of Denmark during the pandemic was simply too different for it to make sense for me to take part. So I shifted to other discussions elsewhere that were more based around the world I was living in.

I came to 12oz for the graffiti, back in 2000-2006 it was the golden years of 12oz, before social media took over, and I am very thankful for all that 12oz did for me in those years, and that I was able to do in return. I formed many friendships, gained much info and had amazing experiences and connections from those years of 12oz and they will always be with me. In the last couple of years I have tried to check in once in a while and post something meaningful, but nothing comparable to back 2 decades ago.

By the way, Im scheduled for my first Pfizer-BioNtech shot on June 9th and my second a month later and Im fucking PUMPED! So happy! Two weeks after the first shot I will be able to get a permanent corona-pas and the day after getting the pas Im flying to Rome to work on an amazing graffiti project. Great times ahead!

• Like 4
  • Props 5

Quick update: So we got our 2nd dose of Moderna Saturday afternoon, arm still sore, and had night sweats last night (Sunday night into Monday morning). Wife an I were both lethargic on Sunday though, with no headaches or sickness. Also woke up this morning and while taking my first piss of the day, noticed I had an oddly shaped micro-penis so no changes there. All and all I'd give Moderna round 2, an 8 out of 10. 

Edited by Mercer
  • Like 1
  • LOL! 2

4 minutes ago, fat ralphy said:

Unfortunately I am talking about orthodontics.....still 5k still making the panties drop.

#invisalignoner

On a serious note, now that I'm vaxxed I'm finally making a dentist appointment after about a year and a half of no dental cleanings/xrays. Got a cracked molar causing problems. Held off for too long, same thing with getting a checkup, blood work/physical at the doctors.

• Truth 1

7 hours ago, Europe said:

Hi @LUGRand 12oz forum. 

At the time of "quitting" I felt the discussion was way of and it was really not something I needed running through my mind, so I discontinued my participation in the looooong ongoing thread. The world within the US and within my country of Denmark during the pandemic was simply too different for it to make sense for me to take part. So I shifted to other discussions elsewhere that were more based around the world I was living in.

I came to 12oz for the graffiti, back in 2000-2006 it was the golden years of 12oz, before social media took over, and I am very thankful for all that 12oz did for me in those years, and that I was able to do in return. I formed many friendships, gained much info and had amazing experiences and connections from those years of 12oz and they will always be with me. In the last couple of years I have tried to check in once in a while and post something meaningful, but nothing comparable to back 2 decades ago.

By the way, Im scheduled for my first Pfizer-BioNtech shot on June 9th and my second a month later and Im fucking PUMPED! So happy! Two weeks after the first shot I will be able to get a permanent corona-pas and the day after getting the pas Im flying to Rome to work on an amazing graffiti project. Great times ahead!

Thanks for the update @Europe. Have a great time in Rome.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Mercer said:

On a serious note, now that I'm vaxxed I'm finally making a dentist appointment after about a year and a half of no dental cleanings/xrays. Got a cracked molar causing problems. Held off for too long, same thing with getting a checkup, blood work/physical at the doctors.

Bro I love getting my teeth cleaned. Finally got them done the other day. I wish I would have planned a fast around it so that I could enjoy that fresh cleaned teeth for longer...

I did my shot back when they first started offering (March 13). There was a big push to get needles into arms. they did it at a highschool where you just roll through and they stick you. It was the Johnson and Johnson one. it hit me alot harder than it hit my wiife. the rumor mill is that its like that if you have had it before but ive got a shit immune system ever since getting mono in highschool.

I havent paid much attention to the news since Biden was elected. Politically I feel like I dont really have a home. Far right and far left both scare the shit out of me. Mental healthwise I dont think I could have done another 4 years of Trump and Biden is more center than left anyway so I figure lets ride this train a little while and see how that goes. I'm glad that alot of state are turning down additional unemployement for businesses. My parents have been shut down since march of last year and now that they are ready to reopen, its been very difficult for them to get people to come work. For context, they live in a very rural/low income town. The Mcdonalds there has been closing at 8pm because there arnt enough people to work. 

@Europewas your delay in getting the vaccine due to supply issues in Europe or other reasons?

@Mercer same question. 

In Tennessee, it hasnt been difficult to get if you want it. 

There had to be something different happen in the past few days because I havent seen nearly the amount of people wearing masks in stores and what not. things are starting to feel "normal" 

I'm not sure if this shit is over or not but what I have learned from this experience has been over the last year, I didnt get sick at all this year. When flu season hits next time around, I'll probably mask up and do my best to stay away from people. Also while I'm far from OCD I wash my hands a lot more now.  As far as people are concerned, I learned that I dont actually like many of the people I work with as much as I thought I did now that I don't see them face to face everyday. 

• Like 1
  • Props 1

@Mercer Side effects hit me really hard for about 8-10 hours the night I got my shot. We got them around 5pm and then went to dinner and to the skatepark until around 11pm. Symptoms kicked in around 11:30. They came out of nowhere, it was like a switch turned on and then just as quick as they came, they went away. Most flu type symptoms - Headache, Fever, Chills, sensitive skin. The only one that lasted longer was I just didnt have any appetite for like a week or two. Wife said her's was like a hangover in the morning but then once she got fluids in her, she was good. she also had loss of appetite.

36 minutes ago, diggity said:

My parents have been shut down since march of last year and now that they are ready to reopen, its been very difficult for them to get people to come work.

Ya i know a few people who have turned down going back to work pre lifting of regulations because they’re making more unemployed than what their jobs would be able to offer hour-wise. 

• Truth 1

1 hour ago, abrasivesaint said:

Ya i know a few people who have turned down going back to work pre lifting of regulations because they’re making more unemployed than what their jobs would be able to offer hour-wise. 

the canadian way 

5 hours ago, diggity said:

@Mercer same question. 

I was doing so well on my own by masking up that I felt no sense of urgency. I basically thought it would be smarter to wait and see how many people were going to be negatively effected by the vaccines, and which ones were good or not.

After a couple of months, I tried to add up the numbers of deaths from known cases of Covid, with the number of permanent disabilities (which was a number even harder to nail down, but higher than the number of deaths). Then compare those numbers with the numbers of people who died, or had negative reactions to the vaccine. The numbers weren't even comparable, vaccine is 1000% plus safer route.

Plus I like doing things hitting local bars, restaurants, hitting skateparks, MMA/BJJ training where masking up isn't really an option. Even though I'm not the most social person by far, It's been tough for us to change cities 2 weeks before everyone realized we were fucked, and not be social at all. Tough to get things poppin in several spheres without actually connecting with other people. 

• Props 1

Also like I said, had night sweats last night, and back to hiking & climbing today. Nobody here wears a mask anymore, even in Costco, Home Depot most people aren't, feels good not wearing that shit and seeing smiles. Took this one earlier today.

Desktop.thumb.jpg.cd926f9bccc54758d543b39dcea7cf14.jpg 

• Props 1

2 minutes ago, fat ralphy said:

Where did you move @Mercer ?

Dope hiking spot.....

Went to my buddies birthday tomorrow- paint and BBQ session. No masks, probably like 20 people (nearly everyone vaccinated and outdoors) it was hella nice doing some normal shit.

Just West of Denver CO

On 5/31/2021 at 8:14 PM, diggity said:

@Europewas your delay in getting the vaccine due to supply issues in Europe or other reasons?

diggity: most countries out here have supply problems. and the different vaxes get different approvals and stuff. when they rolled out the vax program in january, we were supposed to be all vaccinated by june. now its expected to be by september

im sure americans realize how incredible it is that you have 200mill+ vaccinated already while many countries struggle to even get the vaccines imported.

1 hour ago, Europe said:

when they rolled out the vax program in january, we were supposed to be all vaccinated by june. now its expected to be by september

Have a look at Australia's vaccine roll out for a shitshow

Only 2% of adult population fully vaccinated ,no real road map on when it's going to be.

I've given up worrying about it.

It'll happen when it happens for me. I'm like 16 millionth on the list so fuck it.

On 5/31/2021 at 2:14 PM, diggity said:

I'm not sure if this shit is over or not but what I have learned from this experience has been over the last year, I didnt get sick at all this year. When flu season hits next time around, I'll probably mask up and do my best to stay away from people. Also while I'm far from OCD I wash my hands a lot more now. 

It will be interesting to see how cold/flu season goes this year. The radio told me that it was going to be a harder cold/flu season because nobody got it last year and personal immunity isn’t built up. I’m not even sure if that’s how science really works.

• Truth 1

11 minutes ago, mr.yuck said:

It will be interesting to see how cold/flu season goes this year. The radio told me that it was going to be a harder cold/flu season because nobody got it last year and personal immunity isn’t built up. I’m not even sure if that’s how science really works.

From my understanding, they usually base this year's Flu shot off of last years flu strain. so since no one really got it last year it could be an issue. that said, the only time I got a flu shot, i got sick. I do think I will probably get them moving forward though. Even if it does make me sick, it will allow for me to schedule for when I might get sick. which is a hell of alot better than picking it up at random. 

One of the other things that came out of this past year is information design is shit across the board. You see all these numbers for cases but none of it is really clear. 

• Truth 1

It's going to be mild. People have developed personal hygiene habits that I think will stick, some people like masking up and will continue to do so. You hear someone sneeze/cough and it doesn't sound like they covered their mouths, heads all swivel in their direction with stink eyes in full effect.

• Truth 2