So I'm getting vaxxed today, and my retarded ass is scared shitless

Mercer

@Mercer

@+plus+ - similar deal but a bit milder.

Moderna 2 did a similar number on me but it was not too severe, basically a 24 hour flu.

I actually worked a half day the day after vaccine because we had some important clients. 

To each their own but I have seen enough young healthy people get fucked up by corona - my work environment is super conducive to corona and I personally know at least 10+ people who caught it. 

You will be good I am sure.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

From today’s news… Backs up @Mercer comment. All in all, this decline can’t be attributed to mass vaccination since those have dropped off as well. Not to mention a lot of states have populations that largely declined along partisan lines. In my county, made up of 5 towns and about 60k people and massive tourism, we’ve had well less than 100 deaths since this all began about a year and a half ago. Our state just crossed 1600 total. 

Total USA population is 331,449,281. Total COVID deaths (official tally as of today) is 589,920.

That means that in roughly a year and a half, COVID killed 0.18% of the population (I rounded up as the number was lower). Obviously most deaths are skewed to the middle of the first year and if we base the percentages on annual death, it falls even further. But less than one fifth of one percent after a year and a half… Yep, not worth it to me to take an experimental vaccine that has zero legal recourse over numbers like these. Has nothing to do with politics (fuck both sides of the aisle and the gap that divides them). Just makes no sense to me, personally. Maybe some new data will come out that changes my mind, but for now that’s gonna be a no from me dawg, regardless if the public shaming, lotteries, free donuts and Biden threats. 

B11AB43A-BC61-488B-9B1F-490D1B708D23.png

• Like 1
  • Props 1

I really don’t understand the impeding my freedoms crowd. The fact that it became acceptable to conceal your identity everywhere you go did more for individual freedom than any politician has ever been able to legislate. I’m good on this vaccine and I’m also good to wear this mask for the rest of my life.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, mr.yuck said:

I really don’t understand the impeding my freedoms crowd. The fact that it became acceptable to conceal your identity everywhere you go did more for individual freedom than any politician has ever been able to legislate. I’m good on this vaccine and I’m also good to wear this mask for the rest of my life.

Anytime you attempt to force the will of one on another, its impending freedom by its very definition. Doesn't mean you arent right about the mask thing, but again, still forcing people to do something. By the same token, if its my business and that's what makes me feel safe, then I should be able to do so, same way you can take your business elsewhere. But to not allow people to sit on the beach... Yeah, infringing on freedom.

• Like 1
  • Props 1

I misspoke. I understand the sentiment but the government only has the responsibility to uphold a handful of your enumerable god given rights. Anything else they do by nature is trampling rights. The governments best interest is to protect the wellbeing of its tax base. I think it’s naive to view government in any other capacity. Millions of people ask for this treatment every 4 years.

• Truth 2

Yesterday California announced that it will be running a lottery based on vaccination. 

Also they are shooting out 50$ gift cards.....

Crazy.

Buddy of mine was talking about his family catering company- 2019 Sales 2.1million vs. 2020 Sales 120,000 . I guess California is going to bail out some small businesses from potential bankruptcy using this years budget surplus. 

432B3C48-0B15-48F9-A03B-BF05E505D5AC.png

5 hours ago, fat ralphy said:

Yesterday California announced that it will be running a lottery based on vaccination. 

Also they are shooting out 50$ gift cards.....

Crazy.

Buddy of mine was talking about his family catering company- 2019 Sales 2.1million vs. 2020 Sales 120,000 . I guess California is going to bail out some small businesses from potential bankruptcy using this years budget surplus. 

432B3C48-0B15-48F9-A03B-BF05E505D5AC.png

Creepy AF… I’m sure the government is really that enthusiastic about your health, considering their track record. SMH 

• Truth 1

What’s been hilarious to me is this vaccine card shit. If i do get vaccinated, i’m not carrying that stupid card with me. Suck, my, whole, ass. 

What is also funny is that you can get sued and fired for HIPPA violations in the medical field for disclosing information but some ass hat at CVS can make you present proof of vaccination, haha. 

Edited by abrasivesaint
  • Like 1
  • Truth 1

fauci has not 'flopped and said that it might be man made.'

NO. scientists don't have the capaibility to engineer viruses for release. plus we've seen plenty of natural, zoonotic coronaviruses before.

fauci is concerned that there is a small chance someone at the Wuhan Institute of Virology may have been exposed to SARS-CoV-2 and then gotten sick and gotten other people sick. Because we just found out for the first time that a few scientists that work at that Institute got sick in Nov 2019.

It still **does not mean** that they released the virus. even accidentally. And there is zero evidence to suggest that anything about this virus is engineered. plenty of people, myself included, have seen the viral genome - it's publicly available of course.

get vaccinated, people. i got the vaccine in january as soon as i could. it'a the repsonsible thing to do as a member of a society.

and for my entire life, proof of vaccination had been required for all kinds of shit. i've had to turn it over - including titers or getting shots if my blood couldn't prove it - to work in research labs, and attend universities. vaccines have also been a routine part of international travel to some places for ages.

it's kinda pathetic what this shit revealed about people. they're worse then even i imagined.

Edited by !@#$%
  • Like 2
  • Truth 3
  • Props 2

2 hours ago, !@#$% said:

and for my entire life, proof of vaccination had been required for all kinds of shit. i've had to turn it over - including titers or getting shots if my blood couldn't prove it - to work in research labs, and attend universities. vaccines have also been a routine part of international travel to some places for ages.

I’ll speak for myself, but i’m not anti-vax by any stretch. I get flu shots yearly for work and so on because i work in the medical field. I just had to get blood drawn and an xray and also provide vax records for a job because i’ve had a false positive TB test in recent years. I understand why proof of vaccinations are required in places like schools, work, countries where certain things are common vs those that they’re not, ect..

But, this also speaks on why i’m not concerned about the shit, because i’m vaccinated. It’s available to everyone in America at this point, if i’m not mistaken, so if you don't get it, that shits on you, and those of us who have had it should be ready to rumble. 

I’ve never had to provide vax records for a sporting event. I’ve never had people around me concerned about whether i got my MMR in my day to day. 

Potentially having to carry a vaccination card day to day just seemed like an odd down step towards more of a dystopian future. 

• Like 1

Good to see ya Symbols, wading into the fray with these jokers on the Covid question is a waste of time. They will alternate between raging and trolling followed by the asking questions style of trolling, then some backpaddle followed by some raging. 

When they chased off Europe and made the original Covid thread politics only the tone was set. 

We are lost as an online community in terms of decorum and civility in discussing political issues and my experience indicates that not participating is a better path. 

I have missed your voice here in recent years though and hope you are doing well, travelling the world and being all smart and shit.

• Like 2
  • Truth 2
  • Props 2

We been known the origins of this Virus on 12oz from page one. The fact that the CCP is making zero effort to help trace the origin to patient zero, AKA identify the source of the outbreak is enough confirmation for me. The entire closed curtain approach, the mysterious arrests in Wuhan, people close to the source of answers just "disappearing".

I'm personally on some 90%/10% thinking it was an accidental lab release. Granted I don't think is was some conspiracy to fuck up the global economy. That said, I really dislike the tone of the conversation on both sides of this topic. People just love feeling smart, talking down to other's and maybe, just maybe that could be the main cause of our lack of consensus. 

I remember learning quickly not to say anything outside of the official narrative (from both sides) on this, less someone jump down my throat, so I just do me and look out for mines. Escaped NYC in epic fashion, set up shop in a less rodent like social environment, kept hustling in 2 to 5 different commercial buildings a day the entire time, and never got that shit once.

As far as the Faucci flop goes. People have a very good reason to be like we told you so, and are referencing an undeniable backpedal by the mainstream.  Every single one of the automatically conforming crowd would become almost physically upset for even suggesting the official CCP story about a bowl of tainted "bat soup" might be off. Now Faucci admits what really happened can be considered a "possibility" lol, where was this open mindedness when the topic was relevant back in late 2019, early 2020? 

On 1/24/2020 at 7:24 PM, Mercer said:

China probably fucked up, this may be an outbreak of a weaponized virus.

The epicenter of the outbreak is less than 10 miles from China's only known level 4 biosafety lab. Basically their version of Ft. Dietrich MD. 

image.png.cdd0ca9807abb772aa25f9a5552a34a5.png

Also this video is floating around, but not confirmed by anyone credible yet, so it's questionable.

But the person is claiming that over 90,000 are infected

Rough Translation:

2 minutes ago, fat ralphy said:

On a serious note guys, I don’t think this virus or the vaccine is a joke at all. 

True, but this is 12oz. Said it before. There are for sure a percentage of people dying, also an even larger number of people being permanently disabled from this Virus.

No matter where you source these numbers from, and how you crunch the numbers, being vaccinated has proven to be 99.99% safer for people than risking infection, and this is a fact from any sane perspective. Even if the chances of death and permanent disability from are "acceptable" or whatever in some people's eyes, not a risk I'm willing to take. 

@Mercerthat is a basic summary of my thought process with this whole thing....

Out here in CA, especially the Bay Area, levels are insanely low. We have like 70% vaccine compliance in my county.....

Masks are going away from being state mandated June 15.....pumped the fuck up cuz I just dropped 5k on the grille mang.

Only real difference between 12oz now and then is that the world has become hyper partisan, which is reflected everywhere including 12oz.

Likewise, it’s also evolved to become far more divisive, which is the real tragedy IMO.  The dynamic defaults to either your on my team or the enemy, as evidenced by how often you see shit like “silence equals complicity” or “help or your part of the problem” type statements thrown out there. This type of thing is self propagating and just fuels further divisions. There’s no longer room to respectfully agree to disagree. That idea almost sounds foreign at this point. 

I think a large part of it exasperated by an actual shift in language. Seen a bunch of articles on this topic fairly recently that I wish I could link to, but it’s like people can no longer have a proper dialogue, let alone a debate anymore.

To me that’s the real tragedy, but 12oz discussing the world around it… Always been a thing since it’s earliest days. 

That and most of us are old as fuck and likely more jaded, set in our ways and crotchety than we were 20+ years ago. 

• Like 1
  • Truth 2

I was out and about today and had a conversation with a stranger. They were telling me that 90 after the vaccine, active duty military is being required to put their masks back on. I asked why and they said the military knows something the CDC isn’t disclosing about efficacy and transmissibility.

I was wondering if anyone knows any active duty military that can verify these claims of having to mask back up after 90 days.

3 hours ago, misteraven said:

where was Europe chased off? mind quoting the post(s) or linking them?

I think it started in the original thread on page # 20 and then progressed to @Europebeing over it.

Hopefully, they are okay. Thread is definitely a trip to reread from the early days.

Edited by LUGR
  • Truth 1
  • LOL! 1

21 minutes ago, mr.yuck said:

I was out and about today and had a conversation with a stranger. They were telling me that 90 after the vaccine, active duty military is being required to put their masks back on. I asked why and they said the military knows something the CDC isn’t disclosing about efficacy and transmissibility.

I was wondering if anyone knows any active duty military that can verify these claims of having to mask back up after 90 days.

I've heard everything under the sun from active military, including some people that are pretty high up the food chain. Some turned out legit (heard about the lockdown in CA well before it was announced), heard some that didn’t happen (Airports, highways and state to state travel would be suspended by the federal government) and a ton that there’s no way to really verify (Covid being 100% man made and weaponized). 

Like most things, it’s all over the place and generally falls along partisan lines. 

part that’s been weighing on me is that more and more outlets saying that vaccine or even Covid wouldn’t have been a thing with some simple solutions that have been around for decades in causing some method of getting cells to absorb zinc and hydroxychloroquine. The latter being contemptuous since lots of MSM says it’s actually dangerous and others saying it’s one of the most prescribed things from the VA for a while array of shit. 

No idea… Impossible to know which way is up, especially when the parties most driving this have a dismal track record. (Government, Big Pharma, Big Data, MSM).*

*And for the record, no… I’m not a right winger, Trumper or whatever other label is used to classify anyone not going the line on the MSM narrative for this topic.  

• Props 1