America-centric Propaganda

mr.yuck

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

I think the Grateful Dead embody, in many ways what make our country great. They tapped into solid roots of our musical heritage for inspiration and along with a healthy dose of LSD helped broaden the consciousness our people at a time when a correction was needed. If you want to talk about freedom, tens of thousands of heads descending on a city and  establishing a zone that is apart of and separate from straight society was a worthwhile demonstration.

That of course does not mean that you need to like them but such a strong rejection strikes me as odd. 

• Truth 2

14 minutes ago, Dirty_habiT said:

Can you expand upon this a bit, I've never heard anyone say that.  I'm not an expert on their music, I just hear people generally talking about them favorably.

Their music generally annoys the shit out of me and i am often also annoyed by the personas of their die hard fan base. 

• Like 1
  • Truth 2

I think letting other people know your personal business out in public is kinda stupid.  Things that fall under this category:

* Political bumper stickers.

* Pride flags.

* Signage in yards.

Examples of above:

* NRA sticker in front window of house as "theft deterrent".

* Beto bumper sticker on car long after Beto has said some really wild and stupid shit.

* BLM sign in front yard of your house.

* Making it obvious to others what your personal sexual choices are without knowing them... aka "wearing it on your sleeve."

* Forehead/neck tattoo -- you didn't get that tattoo for yourself, you cannot even see it, you got it for everyone else.... and that is very sweet of you.

I'm sure there are a lot more.  My goal in public is to be unmemorable and generic looking, not let strangers know personal things about me without me knowing anything about them.

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...
On 4/28/2021 at 5:48 PM, Mercer said:

I have to disagree about the Bald Eagle. Them shits are spectacular every time I see one. Especially that move where they scoop large fish that hang too close to the surface of the water. 

likewise. I have a nesting family in my front yard and see them and others nearly daily. still impressive every time. 

and sure, I’ve seen other birds, tiny ones, chase them off in groups. nature being nature, but there is definitely something different about bald eagles if you’ve actually seen one in real life.  

no comment regarding its appropriation but yeah, they’re pretty impressive. I think the alternative was going to be a turkey, which I also have in my yard by the dozens. cool, but not impressive. 

• 10 months later...