America-centric Propaganda

mr.yuck

I was having a conversation with a family member the other day about how great America was and how great our system of everything was. By the end of the conversation my family member looked like they were about to cry. Not because I envoked some earth shattering new perspective upon them, but more along the lines of frustration because 'I just dont get it.'

One of the main points I was attempting to make was about the psychological conditioning of the American people predicated on myth, falsehoods and at times lies.

An example of this is something as innocuous as our symbol of freedom; Americas favorite bird, the bald eagle. The bird is always pictured as being completely bad ass. 

1071018802_s-l300(1).jpg.58ae37255ec4e62dfc035e69b564a277.jpgf96259ad2c45806acee5e6462bcb4af8.thumb.jpg.2d64afba882751302f274589eca0dcf4.jpgimage_1-540x540-9d5.jpg.30590191f27b6368bddc4d3269bfac81.jpg

When you hear an eagle in commercials, they are vicious, they are powerful, and their calls are described as 'Screaming'.

None of this could be farther from the truth. This so called apex predator of the sky is really just another scavenger feeding off the scraps of another animals kill. They have even been known to steal other birds kills. 

That screaming eagle sound bite you hear in commercials is also a lie. The actual sound a bald eagle makes is so rediculous for its size, they are dubbed over with the call of the red tailed hawk. 

It almost seems that the real bald eagle is a better representation of the country than Its Hollywood counterpart. 

So what? Why? Why not just choose a tougher bird if you want to be seen as tough?

If this topic interests you, I will drop more and also further my research on it as well.

If this thread needs to be moved, put it where it should go.

Edited by mr.yuck
  • Like 2

• mr.yuck changed the title to America-centric Propaganda
This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

The eagle call getting altered is so true to the American way. 

America is so obsessed with the image of being something, rather than actually being something. 

The whole fake it til you make it mentality. Just gotta hope no one who is ever really about whatever life you choose to portray ever calls you out for being a charlatan.

• Truth 1

11 hours ago, mr.yuck said:

I was having a conversation with a family member the other day about how great America was and how great our system of everything was. By the end of the conversation my family member looked like they were about to cry. Not because I envoked some earth shattering new perspective upon them, but more along the lines of frustration because 'I just dont get it.'

One of the main points I was attempting to make was about the psychological conditioning of the American people predicated on myth, falsehoods and at times lies.

An example of this is something as innocuous as our symbol of freedom; Americas favorite bird, the bald eagle. The bird is always pictured as being completely bad ass. 

1071018802_s-l300(1).jpg.58ae37255ec4e62dfc035e69b564a277.jpgf96259ad2c45806acee5e6462bcb4af8.thumb.jpg.2d64afba882751302f274589eca0dcf4.jpgimage_1-540x540-9d5.jpg.30590191f27b6368bddc4d3269bfac81.jpg

When you hear an eagle in commercials, they are vicious, they are powerful, and their calls are described as 'Screaming'.

None of this could be farther from the truth. This so called apex predator of the sky is really just another scavenger feeding off the scraps of another animals kill. They have even been known to steal other birds kills. 

That screaming eagle sound bite you hear in commercials is also a lie. The actual sound a bald eagle makes is so rediculous for its size, they are dubbed over with the call of the red tailed hawk. 

It almost seems that the real bald eagle is a better representation of the country than Its Hollywood counterpart. 

So what? Why? Why not just choose a tougher bird if you want to be seen as tough?

If this topic interests you, I will drop more and also further my research on it as well.

If this thread needs to be moved, put it where it should go.

FWIW, the turkey was originally in the running to be our national symbol but was beat out by the eagle.  I like your premise, but not your example per se.  Birds have more than just one call, so it's easy to take that eagle above and say that doesn't sound fierce because it's not screaming.  Doesn't being able to take away another animal's food make the eagle higher on the food chain?  Eagles eat snakes for real, and that's one of the more common patriotic images.  Fighting eagles will also lock up with each other and fall from the sky, sometimes smashing into the ground together.  That's pretty tough.  More to your point though, for the number of patriotic Americans who use the eagle as a symbol of America, I'd wager most have never seen one IRL and even less are concerned with their preservation and resurgence.

• Truth 1

2 hours ago, One Man Banned said:

More to your point though, for the number of patriotic Americans who use the eagle as a symbol of America, I'd wager most have never seen one IRL and even less are concerned with their preservation and resurgence.

A few years ago i was on a boat in Maine and we look over and a bald eagle is flying along side us, it was rad.

It was so fucking American i almost invaded a nearby town for their oil when i got back to land. 

• Like 2
  • Props 1
  • LOL! 5

24 minutes ago, abrasivesaint said:

A few years ago i was on a boat in Maine and we look over and a bald eagle is flying along side us, it was rad.

It was so fucking American i almost invaded a nearby town for their oil when i got back to land. 

You could have peed into the ocean or shot a whale, lazy ass American.

• Truth 1
  • LOL! 1

14 hours ago, mr.yuck said:

About these.  I have nothing against anthropomorphism but as a dude who enjoys nature sometimes I want a shirt that reflects just that, and trying to find one for especially a bald eagle can be difficult.  They're always doing some shit they don't do in nature or are pictured against flags and shit.  I guess a bald eagle that can ride a Harley may appear kind of bad ass but it's meh for me.  

• Like 1

Affliction shirts come to mind under the "fake bad ass" title too.  You can buy those at walmart with no prior fighting experience.

Reality check though -> people have been doing this with ball sports teams for decades.

Fake foot ball bad ass -> paints face/stomach, tears down large bag of lays on couch, and washes down with miller high life.  Football team sticker on back window of 1/4 ton pickup truck that sees homedepot ~3x a year.

• Like 2
  • Truth 1

Oh yeah, also don't forget.... made in China affliction shirt and football fan memorabilia.

I've watched the "To Catch a Smuggler" show before where they busted large shipments of counterfeit sports merchandise like jerseys and shit from China.

Guess what too, it's not even some "evil Chinese person" doing all of this.  It's some "evil american" "neighbor" of yours that is agreeing to bring this shit in and sell it for profit.  I can tell that a few people reading this will be like, "what's wrong with doing that, it's just capitalism at work."

When I was in high school I had a friend that his family would go to Mexico quite often.  They'd bring back a lot of Oakley sunglasses and Duny & Burke purses.... and then sell them for super fucking cheap, but profit none the less.

Why do people want to fake the funk?  I'm not sure.  I don't like knock off shit or counterfeit products because they're cheap and shitty most of the time.  The knock off chinese shit has been plaguing the automotive aftermarket for years.  They will put plackards on parts that say HKS or Greddy or whatever big name brand is out there.  It's not even subtle counterfeiting, it's like straight up I made some fake shit and put your name on it.