Hip Hip street shit discussion thread DO SOMETHING NOW PUSSY

where

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
51 minutes ago, fat ralphy said:

7:20 to 7:30 ridiculous....he got hella others.

Where did you grow up @where - asked you now like 3 times. 

That ain’t it playboy lol there are some good bars on I 95 tho and that dude rapping may validate something to you based on your experiences, just don’t feel like most people are gonna feel better after hearing someone rap like that, it’s people that are forcing it while bringing nothing new to the table because they are aware of the benefits of the music business that are vampires.

yea I noticed.

@whereyou like Guru?

Thing is OT isn’t forcing anything - dude is well documented as having been involved in dope game and done time etc.

Shit like that is only a small portion of what I like. Bringing nothing new to the table is exactly what I think about most of these new artists, autotune clone mumble bullshit. 

3 hours ago, fat ralphy said:

I’m convinced that geographics got everyone’s tastes different- I know @Kults in Canada.

@Tails0nE @where where you guys from?

I'm from Chicago but I listen to alot of different music honestly.. I can easily go from three six, to doom, to gojira, to pearl jam to bobby womack then to some random japanese jazz band all within the same playlist.. my girl hates it cause I come across some random weird shit all the time but it be super dope tho she just don't fuck with it cause her pallet is bland imo.. she likes south park mexican like crazy, los marijuanos n shit I just can't fuck with at all.. 

I try and give everyone a chance.. TRY... I say that in caps cause sometimes the second that somebody speaks you get that gut feeling like "man this shit is gonna be ass" and it is.. some I've been surprised by I'll admit.. but others it's like welp here we go again.. that's kinda why I listen to just beats sometimes cause weirdly enough if they do it right just the best itself can give you more emotion and feelings than any dope verse from lil poop stain.. just like the shit I posted a page or two back, Idk it just hits alot harder to me than most of the new stuff.. I guess cause I pay attention to everything instrument wise and try and learn the rhythm or pattern first before anything idk..

• Like 2

@Tails0nE I am very similar - bump a lot of jazz, reggae, classic rock shit...all that. But first genre I really loved was hip hop for sure.

Chicago wise I really don’t know hella rappers other than the obvious shit - Common, Kanye (not a big fan). I dig Typical Cats. 

Spent some time in Woodlawn a few Summers back - Chi has its own vibe for sure. 

Shit was crushed out there too. 

Edited by fat ralphy

Yeah I was a lil metal head more than a hip hop head at one point but then I got a hold of some quasimoto, doom, eyedea, wu tang and atcq the love movement album and it was over from there.. now I try and venture out and listen to everything just to keep things fresh..

I've actually missed common in passing like 4 or 5 times now.. everybody's fuckin seen or met this dude somehow but I always miss him.. but typical cats were dope.. mick jenkins is solid, noname is ok.. chance was straight when he was still doing drugs.. saba n others tho idk I don't really listen to them alot or even try and venture deeper into their catalogue.. mick has popped up on my youtube and I haven't been disappointed.. n idk for the others I guess it's just like "meh.." I'm not discrediting their skill tho from the little I've heard it's just something about them that makes me not want to dive deeper I don't know why honestly.. 

I mean besides all that I still blast old do or die and twista almost daily.. psycho drama, crucial conflict all that shit still gets replayed.. 

I wonder if you were round when d30 and mul were going at it one summer.. it was super dope seeing new shit on the trains daily and all of it was fresh shit too.. that was a fun summer..

@fat ralphythere is a rapper from here called millyz who is a lot like ot, dont f with it. even tho music is subjective for the most part at the end of the day one of us is gonna be mostly right and one is gonna be wrong and im confident that in this instance it is me and that shit is indeed trash.

30 minutes ago, where said:

@fat ralphythere is a rapper from here called millyz who is a lot like ot, dont f with it. even tho music is subjective for the most part at the end of the day one of us is gonna be mostly right and one is gonna be wrong and im confident that in this instance it is me and that shit is indeed trash.

Everything is a matter of opinion - 

I don’t own a single OT album/mixtape whatever the fuck dudes put out these days. I’ve seen Millyz, dude isn’t my particular flavor either.

That said - I think OT bodies any of the Uk freestyle stuff you posted in here. That I-95 shit you posted is indeed fresh. 

If you keeping score here man, go ahead. 

I’m just taking a shit at the crib about to throw some P.U.T.S on the turntable.

RIP Double K

Big difference between LA and Bay Area shit. I am from the Bay so I have my favorites....these are examples of what was tight when I was in my early teens. 

E-40  - this dude is definition of longevity and has hella slaps.

This RBL joint is 30 years old - still dope as fuck. I think most people have heard the others but as far as West Coast goes there is a huge difference between LA and Bay Area.

Edited by fat ralphy
  • Truth 1

10 hours ago, __ __ __ __ said:

Found this kids music browsing youtube a while back. Dude threw me off but is spitting his stories. I think hes 16? 

Would like to see how he progresses in a few years.

So here's my thing with some of these new cats.. this lil dude right here I gave it a chance and he does have a flow.. if he really works on his craft he can be pretty nice.. BUT, alot of these kids talk toooo much and incriminate the shit out of themselves without knowing.. I heard a couple things in these videos that I was like "hmm.. ok.." but going back to that e40 ralphy posted and even other shit like wu or whoever else.. like yeah they talk about street shit but not direct like this dude.. it's in more of a story format rather than "I shot this dude on the street in his car on 19th street last week" or whatever shit like that.. like do what you do but be wise with what you say cause if anything happens can't blame no one but yourself..

For example... 👇🏽🤦🏽‍♂️

• Truth 1

idk if its that its a boston thing but g fredo is on a different level than ot the real, ones a young cape verdian savage and the other guy looks and raps like everyone in the county while snitching on himself every bar get the fuck outta here with that burnt sacuce

2 minutes ago, Kults said:

when Tupac is your favorite living rapper 

5950F2E1-BEAF-4CEC-8964-EE509D31C797.jpeg

Frumpy as converse wearing bitch, the head is probably fire but she said she was listening to biggie smoking weed in law school only problem was she graduated in 89 lol 

• LOL! 1

11 minutes ago, where said:

Frumpy as converse wearing bitch, the head is probably fire but she said she was listening to biggie smoking weed in law school only problem was she graduated in 89 lol 

lyin' ass snatch

E: I wont post anything remotely political in this thread again, my fault

16 hours ago, fat ralphy said:

autotune clone mumble bullshit. 

Why I can't listen to any of this new shit.  It's all trash.  I think a lot of hiphop/rap is unskilled trash though, even from back when people say it was in it's prime.

Also people are definitely influenced by where they're from.  New York don't typically listen to West Coast music and vice versa.  It's not that it's impossible and never happens, it's that it's not the norm.

Really when it comes down to it, the only people that play music I really like are my gf and my brother..... because they both have similar taste in music as me.

• Like 1