Hip Hip street shit discussion thread DO SOMETHING NOW PUSSY

where

5 hours ago, where said:

I personally fuck with autotune, gotta separate street shit from rapity rap and tbh autotune almost predates rap especially gangsta rap roger troutman was doing that shit in the 70s and I see it now as a continuation.

That argument can be made about almost anything since music evolves - Gangster Rap is really the first big West Coast movement and is over 30 years old at this point. 

To me  autotune is like a basic blueprint to just make the same sounding stuff everyone is putting out.

@where we about the same age I think? Born around 80-81?

• Like 1

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

Autotune is straight when used in moderation.. the thing that just gets me is everyone now is using autotune all the time with some half assed "bibbity-bobbity-boop" ass lyrics and in the grand scheme of things it really doesn't enhance or make the song any better it just sounds even more of a jumbled mess.. I've seen videos on genius where some dudes will break their shit down and it's not too bad but then when you hear the original it's autotuned the fuck out and ruins it.. sometimes a little goes a long way but too much and I don't even wanna bother listening to any more..

22 minutes ago, fat ralphy said:

Ot tha Real - has crazy bars, some

of his songs I don’t like but he always comes ill on the radio shows. Thing I like about him is he really been in the shit, not just some dude acting like he street.

trash

developing a rating system for freestyles kinda like a k/d ration in call of duty, or like pars on a golf course. gotta work on it but it would be 1.5 points for a solid punchline, 1 point for dissociative flow or stylish imagery, .5 for an adlib and a point deduction for going like 5 seconds for saying anything cool.

Edited by where
  • Like 1

Any body bother with this cassidy vs hitman holla battle..? It was.. meh.. cass did his thing, hitman holla tried and got booed alot.. thing I hate about battle rap nowadays is people try and be too complex and then have to explain that ONE bar for the next 4-8 bars just so people can understand what they meant.. there ain't even no flow or rhythm it's just talking while rhyming the last word to of sentence.. cass has flow tho.. hitman's lil bro of course trying to start some shit for no reason but imo hitman didn't stand a chance.. that's basically the cliff note version..

• Like 2

Lmao dude I hate that shit.. like just fuckin spit dude all that extra shit is corny to me.. that's the shit hitman does in this battle.. in the second round he got booed ALOT cause he wasn't really sayin shit.m at 50:20 he has his lil bro come in to say some corny ass line and he jumped up all in dudes face which started all sorts of commotion.. cassidy just did his thing as cassidy usually does.. couple misses imo but compared to hitman he killed him.. I don't even fuck with battle rap anymore cause of exactly what you said and then some but I had to see this cause everyone was talking about it.. it was ok..🤷🏽‍♂️

• Like 1

7 hours ago, where said:

trash

You’re tripping. Listen to this one and tell me dude doesn’t have bars...

Check this one - starts at 6:07 , read the comments. Black, white, brown, whoever - people agreeing that OT got bars.

Edited by fat ralphy

21 minutes ago, fat ralphy said:

You’re tripping.

Check this one - starts at 6:07 , read the comments. Black, white, brown, whoever - people agreeing that OT got bars.

That shits all filler, what’s one line that spoke to you?