Hip Hip street shit discussion thread DO SOMETHING NOW PUSSY

where

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
8 hours ago, fat ralphy said:

@MercerI fuck Ghost and Rae heavy - how that Raekwon album? Never played it.

Also I dig Action but I think his older shit is doper and his more recent flow not as tight imo

Hard to pick a favorite, but Blood oh Chef's Apron over 10 years old I think, and still has tracks on heavy rotation. Obviously Cuban Links 1 is the favorite, and Rae spent a couple years teasing Cuban Links 2 album and dropped this as an appetizer. One of those times I dig the appetizer more than the main course.

Haven't Heard Action's new shit but dude will always get respect on his name from me at least. Smart crew pedigree out of Queens NY. @STAN51Hired him for a Mook-Life gig in Montreal before he was famous, legendary show, slices of prosciutto flying into the audience. Wasn't there for that show but the homies endorsement was so strong it made me a fan.

I have Dr. Lecter, Blue Chips, Mr. Wonderful, and Rare Chandeliers. Best shit has rock/guitar in the beats. I'll always fuck with that song "The Symbol" he mentions a Triple Lindsay out the jeep, that's almost an MF DOOM level rare reference. Legendary.

• Like 3
  • Props 1

i havent been into alot of these newer cats you see all over the tv and shit i try and venture out and look for new people who are different that this autotune singing rap bullshit.. freddie gibbs is a favorite tho ive been rockin with him for years.. basically everything in this thread is fire honestly haha heres some of the newer-ish shit i get down with..

this last dude i guess used to be part of brockhampton, that like teenage rap group with like 20 random ass kids in it or something.. idk i never bothered with them honestly cause they seemed like a gimmick of a new wave odd future but if this is the route dude is going im glad he had a falling out with them and is on his own path.. sometimes its for the better.. but other than this shit ive really just been listening to beat tapes and remixes from this like handful of producers like purple posse, always proper and other lil collectives.. even remixes of new songs that are ass sound waaaay better than the original just cause of the beat honestly.. if ya'll wanna check some of them out ill post some later on..

• Props 3