Hip Hip street shit discussion thread DO SOMETHING NOW PUSSY

where

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

Touching on the female rappers discussion; For whatever you feel about the content of her music one has to admit that Megan Thee Stallion can fuckin rap. 

Staying on the Houston tip though, any of y'all fuck with Tobe Nwigwe? One of the most original sounds out of Houston in a long ass time:

Also nice to see Paul Willicky Wallickan back on a fun track.

• Like 1
  • Props 1

Yea content wise i cant get with megan but delivery wise shes straight hella swag 

14 hours ago, the.crooked said:

Touching on the female rappers discussion; For whatever you feel about the content of her music one has to admit that Megan Thee Stallion can fuckin rap. 

Staying on the Houston tip though, any of y'all fuck with Tobe Nwigwe? One of the most original sounds out of Houston in a long ass time:

This is good kinda like a h town earthgang 

• Like 1

20 hours ago, the.crooked said:

Ive never heard of this dude. The first time I played it I kept expecting a good spot to cut the song off and put my phone down. I just scrolled bavk through to listen to this for the 3rd time.

I missed the Chamillionaire shout out at the end of the second song. That's a dude I wish would have blown up. Too bad his name wasnt as fun to scream as MIKE JOOOOOONESSSSSS. who?

• Like 1

Rap/hip hop has been amazingly disappointing and hopeful in the past year imo 

my trash list:

nba young boy or any ig/tiktok/world star rapper. 90% of radio rap

cant stand any female rapper who is popular right now. Not trying to hate, it just is the same ole non sense. All rebranded lil Kim’s out here

and all of these super conscious skater weird kid gen y/s rappers. Tyler and earl have grown on me (nh) and it’s cool to see young black kids be proud of who they are, but shit is just trash and anyone under 30 always seems to love that shit.

hope list:

boldy James- been listening to boldy since he was on alchemists’ Russian roulette, great lyrically, honest, and relatable. 
griselda records- gunzz can be a little annoying with the “eyoooo” and boooms but it’s refreshing 

exquire- only released a couple things in the past year but I really feel he is prob the best relatively  unknown rapper. Lyrics are on point, straddles the conscious/thug line in a honest and relatable way. Great ear for production, and lyrics that stick with you long after a listen. I think he is a great example of how rap and nyc street culture has been so streamlined. Like I find it depressing that nyc cats will talk ab cardi or 69 and never heard of ex. 
Tldr:

I feel like rap has entered its “hair” phase. Reminds me of rock in the 80s, like more shock than substance. A few good gems out there, but as things progress, it seems artful rap will be a rarity. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, mr.yuck said:

Ive never heard of this dude. The first time I played it I kept expecting a good spot to cut the song off and put my phone down. I just scrolled bavk through to listen to this for the 3rd time.

I missed the Chamillionaire shout out at the end of the second song. That's a dude I wish would have blown up. Too bad his name wasnt as fun to scream as MIKE JOOOOOONESSSSSS. who?

He got super into investing and tech. As far as I remember he's just livin lavish off that money and just doesn't even care about rap anymore. Which was a shame, his freestyles were a mainstay of my teenage years. I'll see if I can find some of the best ones from their peak.

• Like 1
  • Props 1

Chamillionaire - oochy wally freestyle:

Slim Thug, Paul Wall and Chamillionaire - before the kappa 2k1 freestyle

Paul Wall and Chamillionaire - xxxplosive freestyle

Chamillionaire and PW - EI Freestyle

And one from the one album they actually released together:

I could do this all day. It's certainly a time and place, but this shit was huge in Houston. The whole era of independent tapes comin out in the late 90s and early aughts was so fuckin great to ride around bangin. My first car was an 89' Crown Vic that I promptly threw two very fucking cheap 13s in the trunk. Busted those shits real quick. 

• Props 1

Oh, if we're pullin out Ro, that's a whole other thing.

Guerilla Maab - Speak on it (Zro was 19 here I think?)

Same album, him and his cousins Trae tha Truth and Dougie D - Keep Watchin me

Classic Z-Ro freestyle - Mo City Don

Z-Ro - I found me

Bonus Fat Pat - Tops Drop

• Truth 1

Saturday night this blacked out audi fly up at a stoplight bruv had dreads, could see a license plate n tags so I didn’t think I was getting shot and dude goes “yo what song is that I heard it at the last light way back and I had to catch up” lol

On 5/1/2021 at 10:35 AM, the.crooked said:

Oh, if we're pullin out Ro, that's a whole other thing.

Guerilla Maab - Speak on it (Zro was 19 here I think?)

Same album, him and his cousins Trae tha Truth and Dougie D - Keep Watchin me

Classic Z-Ro freestyle - Mo City Don

Z-Ro - I found me

Bonus Fat Pat - Tops Drop

RIP BIG HAWK 

• Truth 1