Hip Hip street shit discussion thread DO SOMETHING NOW PUSSY

where

2 hours ago, where said:

on mushrooms rn looking through ery1s contributions rn then imma go try to stick my thing in something new 

if you're on shrooms then you'll prolly dig this shit.. heres some of the stuff i was talkin about earlier.. honestly to me shit like this hits alot harder than most of the new stuff that i hear nowadays especially mainstream.. idk the vibes just hit different.. the way the beat switches on some of these especially the last one like 2 minutes in is nastyyyy..

good luck on obtaining some cheeks my dude 🍻

• Props 1

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
1 hour ago, fat ralphy said:

@mr.yuck copped  a Digital Underground Packet Man tape in 1990 as a nine year old, my Dad would play it in his truck for me. 

RIP Shock G

That's dope. Was that the first tape you copped for yourself? I think I got my first tape around the same age and time. Appetite for destruction.

My first tape was an edited single of whats my name by snoop from eckard drugstore, my sister got a single of garth brooks thunder rolls cause my mom liked country music and that song honestly slaps, doesnt seem like 27 years ago.

My parents split up, what a surprise right, so my dad let me do one of those Columbia house 10 cds for a penny things one summer and when i went back to my moms she went fucking ballistic especially about the dmx flesh of my flesh cover it really set her off. She put them in the trash and i snuck and got the cds out of the jewel cases before the trash went out. Eventually got caught, almost paid with my life.

• Props 1

@wherelol. Bro I know those feels man. My mom hated rap too and was always trying to throw my dubbed tapes away. I started getting smart and labeling the tapes as something else. Led zepplin or what ever.

i also remember the first and last time I bought a cd from walmart. I think the whole god damn store was full of editted albums. I was so mad.

• Truth 1
  • LOL! 1

38 minutes ago, mr.yuck said:

@wherelol. Bro I know those feels man. My mom hated rap too and was always trying to throw my dubbed tapes away. I started getting smart and labeling the tapes as something else. Led zepplin or what ever.

i also remember the first and last time I bought a cd from walmart. I think the whole god damn store was full of editted albums. I was so mad.

its crazy bro feels weird man when it comes full circle and now i would never let my 7 yo listen to cardi b, like i would get in someones ass nh if they played that shit around my child

Edited by where
  • Truth 1

First tape I ever had was Run DMC Raising Hell in about 1988 or so - given to me by a kid in the apartment building my pops lived at. 

This joint in particular was what hooked me on Hip Hop. 

First tape I actually bought myself or got my mom to cop was Too Short - Short Dog's in the House, I was about 9-10 years old and thought the cover looked sick because it was cartoon. It was an edited version of the tape but that basically just led me to trying to figure out what the cuss words were. 

eeP7nOnB96-1.png?w=1280&h=1280&quality=6

Edited by fat ralphy
  • Like 1
  • Props 1

32 minutes ago, where said:

its crazy bro feels weird man when it comes full circle and now i would never let my 7 yo listen to cardi b, like i would get in someones ass nh if they played that shit around my child

Lol. I know it. I dont have kids of my own so the thought never occurs to me that any subject matter present at the time might be innappropriate for kids. I was riding around with my little neice pre covid so she might have been 11 at the time. Some song comes on talkin about 'park that big mac truck in my tiny garage' and I glance up into the rearview and this little girl is hoeing out along with the song.

my first tape ever was a chicago juke mix tape i got from my sister.. first ever cd i remember getting was puff daddy no way out.. to this day that song is this the end with twista is still so dope to me.. we also had a cholo ass neighbor that would come by for dinner sometimes and smoke with my parents he would let me come by his crib and borrow cds from time to time.. thats how i found out about cypress hill from that album with dr greenthumb on it.. i also got in mad trouble in like 5th grade for bringing a bone thugs n harmony cd to cd day.. soon as they screamed MUTHA FUCKA i knew i was done for lmao

theres some shit i would let my son listen to but some of this mainstream stuff hell nah.. idk just too stupid to me.. alot of it just sounds so redundant and repetitive and these kids aint saying a damn thing.. too fucked up off prescription pills with non stop dookie ass backwood blunts in rotation to even come up with anything half decent.. there are some dope artists out there you just gotta go digging for em really..

• Props 1

It’s crazy now as far as current shit Drake is sometimes the most tolerable mainstream shit when he’s not talking about borrowing his uncle’s car or the kid he neglected. Most his shit is trash vulture but sometimes there is modicum of dopeness. I like cardi b for her abrasiveness but I wouldn’t play her shit. Back in the day there was always one kid that rapped lil Kim and foxy brown verses about sucking dick used to laugh about that shit, the kid that I remember doing that moved to Florida, I think that’s what happened to most of those dudes. As for actual good femcees rn I’d have to say Rapsody or young ma. Gangsta boo will always be my favorite.

Edited by where
  • Like 1

34 minutes ago, fat ralphy said:

@wheredope females 

Saroc from Rhymesayers

Vel the Wonder - I dig her for a few reasons.

I forgot I used to like Dessa from doomtree but haven’t played any of her stuff in years. Those you posted are ok kinda lukewarm nothing memorable that really speaks to me, I generally look at femcees like dudes with rich parents, they can always fall back on having a pussy and I feel like that holds them back from really taking it there.

52 minutes ago, fat ralphy said:

@where my thoughts are the female rappers I like are better than most other females but I don’t have them in regular rotation by any means.

I am solidly prejudiced to the shit I like - which you know by now.

Yea I’m very prejudiced towards integrity so most femcees seem toy even when they’re established and touring cause they steal flows, no names flow is a bite of Mac miller’s

One female rapper I always liked but didn't at the same time was snow that product.. she can spit her ass off but my girl loves playing her early "fuck men anti man" rap shit that got old quick as fuck.. but when it comes down to it I feel she can rap circles around most easily plus she's completely independent with her own merch and everything so I give her mad props for that.. got meet n greet tickets pre covid with my girl and we share the same bday.. still super bad in person and short as shit... She got the fuck off on that last joint with crooked I..

I struggle so much with autotune - to me it just seems fucking cheesy and one of the primary factors that makes an emcee is the sound of their voice. If I even hear autotune on a track I don’t fuck with it. 

VMP hip hop album of the month next month is Young Thug - bout to hop on and swap that shit right now actually. 

2 hours ago, fat ralphy said:

I struggle so much with autotune - to me it just seems fucking cheesy and one of the primary factors that makes an emcee is the sound of their voice. If I even hear autotune on a track I don’t fuck with it. 

VMP hip hop album of the month next month is Young Thug - bout to hop on and swap that shit right now actually. 

I personally fuck with autotune, gotta separate street shit from rapity rap and tbh autotune almost predates rap especially gangsta rap roger troutman was doing that shit in the 70s and I see it now as a continuation.

• Like 1