Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

ūüõĎūüõĎ‚úč‚ŹĪBoycott List‚ŹĪ‚úč ūüõĎūüõĎ


Recommended Posts

8 hours ago, Mercer said:

They don't even have an oligopoly, and it's not just a technicality.

 

Bottom line, they're very successful. Consumer's buying choices are better because of them, or they'd be shopping someplace else. I've adequately demonstrated both your claims, one where they violate someone else's monopoly by competing with them, and the other claim that they're a monopoly are incorrect. If Amazon was conspiring to stop mail order/fulfillment with a couple of other firms I'd entertain that oligopoly claim but there's not any merit to that either.

 

The real reason you dislike Amazon is rooted in your subconscious, and boils down to an irrational disdain for their success in competition. Most people want to believe other people's, or companies success is nefarious, or feel like it's harmful to consumers somehow. Not sure why it's like Justin Bieber, Kardashian syndrome where everyone hates basically because they have more followers, or customers than anyone else. Most people harbor this type of irrationality I've noticed, so you'll probably make way more friends spouting unfounded negative claims about them, than defending them as I tend to do. I'd just rather have the right perspective, than the popular one. I just need a real reason, like something that involves logic if I'm going to wait in line at wal mart, and pay higher prices.


gotcha gotcha yeah opposite of what I was thinking 

Link to post
Share on other sites
This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
3 minutes ago, Dirty_habiT said:


Amazon profits off of dishonest reviews. You cannot sell on their platform without paying the Amazon tax (membership). You're vehemently against taxing sooooo....

 

With brick and mortar there was no gaming reviews at the same spot the purchases were made.  Lazy/ignorant consumers are the victims.  Society has a "just send it" and "I don't care because it works" attitude about all kinds of shit now. I'm sure some would even defend it. 
 

I don't buy cheap shit ever and I consider it a disservice to ignorant people to offer products that are vastly inferior copies of other products while simultaneously delisting products from competition. They don't even need to delist. They just need to put the products they don't want to sell on page three. 

 

 

You know more about the web than I do, so you should know if Amazon wants to promote a product they just bump up that's product's prominence in search. Put that product in related items more often, etc. Very simple shit. Why would they risk legal action by intentionally allowing/making fake reviews? Just doesn't make sense, there's virtually no incentive since they have control over the entire site, as opposed to just reviews. A more accurate thing to say is Amazon profits from both the honest, and dishonest reviews on their site because while they can't be perfect 100% they really do help consumers make good decisions. Brick and mortar has zero review systems in place, you only get feedback/advice from the seller as opposed to other consumers.

 

Also "cheap shit" has been around long before Wal Mart, or Amazon were even in business. It's the consumers themselves that dictate what sells, not an overarching goal by Jeff Bezos to sell lower cost items which runs counter to their incentives economically.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Dark_Knight said:

I’d also argue that the popular opinion is Amazon is great, not the contrary. 

 

You can almost see the butthurt surging through people's veins when Amazon's quarterly reports show record profits, more so than any other company right now. Good company IMO, and with this pandemic we're lucky they were in the right place, at the right time to meet consumer consumption needs during quarantine. Yet people went straight to Amazon in this thread, for the easiest to debunk reasons I might add. Nobody has mentioned Nestle, or Monsanto, or companies that have truly immoral business practices in place.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I didn't say that exactly. I was implying they're the most likely recipient of irrational hate, as evident by this thread. McDonalds was the first corporation I witnessed in this position. If you believed all the bullshit said about them you'd think they mowed the entire rainforest down in 1995.

 

Most people do not harbor these irrational feelings, or even care for that matter. Also, people have a tendency to talk shit about Amazon for that smug feeling you get when people agree with you, and still order shit from them on the DL.

 

There's this thing where most of your decisions are made by your sub conscious mind, and your  conscious mind acts mainly as your subconscious's press secretary, rationalizing the decisions you make. We basically rationalize our emotionally based decisions by convincing ourselves, and others the decision is based in logic, not only to other people, but we rationalize this to ourselves as well. Convincing yourself you've made a decision for practical reasons, when practicality had nothing to do with it.

 

This is a product of human evolution under an economic system. We consider ourselves 100% rational human beings, even when the facts don't really support that. Decisions are made for subconscious reasons, or a feeling we have. That's why addiction, crime, teen pregnancy, and obvious self destructive behavior is so commonplace. We're by default animals, acting on our neurological defaults, and the chemical reactions in our brains, and can only escape this by valuing a tangible framework for making decisions like logic.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't pay as close attention to the earnings and tax statements or whatever as some people do. My decision to stop using Amazon was based solely upon the fact that they allow nefarious activities to exist on their platform under the guise of "we are just doing capitalist things."


I would bet they profit more off of selling products that are cheap copies from China than they do off of USA made products with 100% legit reviews. 100% is a difficult if not impossible number to achieve. 
 

So we could settle for 98% legit. There's a big huge difference between that and 15% legit human written reviews by humans that organically stumbled upon the product and decided to buy it AND then go review it. 
 

People, I think, for a large part are lazy enough to review rarely. This is based upon what I do and when I review something. I only review really excellent products or really terrible ones.  
 

You guys that would like to know a bit more about how ALL of this works, you say I know more about how the web works but it's all been figured out in terms of social engineering. 
 

Look up Net Promoter Score or NPS and you will open your eyes to a big world of why the commerce sites online are set up the way they are. This also ties heavily into the same types of ideas that drive SEO.  These systems are easily gamed when consumers believe in the five star rating. 


Five star even gives more fudge room than ten star if you look in terms promoter, neutral, and detractor.  So five star rating is a way of boondoggle and filangle the resolution of the "true score". What I'm saying is that even 5 star is NPS on some bullshit Amazon made up scale that, like everything else they do, greedily benefits them. 
 

I've added nestlè and Monsanto to the list. 

  • Props 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Dirty_habiT said:

I don't pay as close attention to the earnings and tax statements or whatever as some people do. My decision to stop using Amazon was based solely upon the fact that they allow nefarious activities to exist on their platform under the guise of "we are just doing capitalist things."


I would bet they profit more off of selling products that are cheap copies from China than they do off of USA made products with 100% legit reviews. 100% is a difficult if not impossible number to achieve. 
 

So we could settle for 98% legit. There's a big huge difference between that and 15% legit human written reviews by humans that organically stumbled upon the product and decided to buy it AND then go review it. 
 

People, I think, for a large part are lazy enough to review rarely. This is based upon what I do and when I review something. I only review really excellent products or really terrible ones.  
 

You guys that would like to know a bit more about how ALL of this works, you say I know more about how the web works but it's all been figured out in terms of social engineering. 
 

Look up Net Promoter Score or NPS and you will open your eyes to a big world of why the commerce sites online are set up the way they are. This also ties heavily into the same types of ideas that drive SEO.  These systems are easily gamed when consumers believe in the five star rating. 


Five star even gives more fudge room than ten star if you look in terms promoter, neutral, and detractor.  So five star rating is a way of boondoggle and filangle the resolution of the "true score". What I'm saying is that even 5 star is NPS on some bullshit Amazon made up scale that, like everything else they do, greedily benefits them. 
 

I've added nestlè and Monsanto to the list. 

 

 

Do you think it's possible for Amazon, or any other highly automated massive ecommerce platform to have 100% accurate reviews? I mean for something so subjective I tend to click on 1 star reviews just to see what people hate about a product and if enough people say it, I'm dodging the bullet. The reviews are Amazon are far from perfect, but they're not a necessary part of making a purchase there, you could easily ignore them and problem solved.

 

As I've stated before, the reasons people usually give for Amazon hate somehow never add up to a legit gripe. Like everyone else, you're also harboring a subconscious disdain for Amazon and all's it takes is an unfounded claim against them to confirm this pre-existing disdain. I couldn't change your opinion here, even with absolute proof because your conscious mind works for your subconscious, just like everyone else's, and activates cognitive dissonance mode when your opinion is exposed as flawed in the realm of logic. Your conscious mind, instead of weighing the logic here and saying Amazon isn't so bad I guess, "Press Secretaries" your flawed perspective into something semi rational, like an unrealistic expectation of perfection in reviews.

 

I mean think about the rational you're using, are you shopping someplace with a much better review system than Amazon's now? Probably not. Will you develop a taste for cheap, poorly made shit if you shopped on Amazon, I highly doubt that too. Self censoring your own ability to find the best price on an item is hurting your own bottom line much more than it effects Jeff Bezos's. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

I think a lot of these companies also fall into another category of negative personal opinion. For example: I dont eat McDonalds. Ever. I'll stay hungry for a while longer if thats the only option. I do this for no other reason than I think their food is trash. Are they doing shady shit? Probably. Can I prove it? Nope. I have my sneaking suspicions about them as a company but when I talk about it out loud I feel like a lunatic.

 

On that note, I was just served this nonsense from fed ex trying to order some material from an online supplier:Screenshot_20210421-130232_Chrome.thumb.jpg.61ea044e66fa8a7d9eccc72e0fde8d50.jpg

 

That overnight option is twice the cost of the actual product.

 

For reference this is what I was about to order

 

20210421_144320.thumb.jpg.351543db5e132fbb6048bd0ba7ca4bd9.jpg

  • Truth 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

@mr.yuck FED EX just left a 1000.00 plus microwave drawer for my kitchen reno out in front of my garage door, in plain sight, close to the street instead of at my front door where it's hidden. Also, did I mention it's fucking snowing/raining out too. Tempted to claim it never arrived. It even says on the tracking "left at garage".

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Mercer said:

@mr.yuck FED EX just left a 1000.00 plus microwave drawer for my kitchen reno out in front of my garage door, in plain sight, close to the street instead of at my front door where it's hidden. Also, did I mention it's fucking snowing/raining out too. Tempted to claim it never arrived. It even says on the tracking "left at garage".


Ive done this before. There’s no questions asked really. You just can’t make a habit of it. (do it)

Link to post
Share on other sites

I understand what you're saying Mercer and I covered it by saying that 100% of reviews cannot be legit In the list before. 
 

Reviews absolutely influence your buying even if you ignore them because they dictate the positioning on the search results pages with their scores. You cannot review without making a score. 
 

Let's introduce the "pay for review bot farms". Grandmas infected computers from playing free solitaire are now individual reviewers that, on command, "uniquely," review a product in a way that leans as good or bad. 
 

You can pay for this service on the black market. Does your competitor make you mad?  No problem. Spend a couple hundred bucks and blast them off Amazon. 
 

This entire mess is avoided if you don't shop there. Nobody convinced me of this or planted any seed. I arrived at the conclusion of not shopping there all on my own. 
 

People love attempting to explain others behavior because it gives comfort in the perceived understanding. I'd probably not do this though so much because it becomes easy to write people off after you have some "thorough understanding" of how they work. 
 

The Amazon tax wasn't addressed.  Membership costs aren't like a consignment shop where you're paying just to rent a space. Amazon definitely taxing dat ass. 
 

 

63B13728-4A0E-42AE-A3AB-88974D4FA7D9.jpeg

Link to post
Share on other sites

Adding PayPal because they don't give a fuckkkkk if you file claims. They also make it very difficult to get ahold of anyone to file a claim.  I call this the "google support model." Its where you run a business or provide a service to people but you don't have any way to be contacted for problems. 
 

It's like a burger vending machine that spits in your burger randomly but provides you no recourse for getting your money back or contacting anyone. Makes people feel robbed. 
 

Paypal has done this to me and other people I know. I try to limit my use of PayPal as a result. 

  • Truth 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Dirty_habiT said:

I understand what you're saying Mercer and I covered it by saying that 100% of reviews cannot be legit In the list before. 
 

Reviews absolutely influence your buying even if you ignore them because they dictate the positioning on the search results pages with their scores. You cannot review without making a score. 
 

Let's introduce the "pay for review bot farms". Grandmas infected computers from playing free solitaire are now individual reviewers that, on command, "uniquely," review a product in a way that leans as good or bad. 
 

You can pay for this service on the black market. Does your competitor make you mad?  No problem. Spend a couple hundred bucks and blast them off Amazon. 
 

This entire mess is avoided if you don't shop there. Nobody convinced me of this or planted any seed. I arrived at the conclusion of not shopping there all on my own. 
 

People love attempting to explain others behavior because it gives comfort in the perceived understanding. I'd probably not do this though so much because it becomes easy to write people off after you have some "thorough understanding" of how they work. 
 

The Amazon tax wasn't addressed.  Membership costs aren't like a consignment shop where you're paying just to rent a space. Amazon definitely taxing dat ass. 
 

 

63B13728-4A0E-42AE-A3AB-88974D4FA7D9.jpeg

 

MY mom's address was being used as part of an Amazon "verified" review scam. She'd get free shit from Amazon in the mail most likely to satisfy review requirements. These fake review services set up multiple accounts, using real addresses. From what I've picked up from people earning money via "fulfilled by Amazon" buying 1K fake reviews could go for a very hefty price tag, sound product or not. Apparently that's an important metric, especially if you want to sell your business to someone else.

 

As for the tax thing, anything I voluntarily choose to pay isn't a tax. A real tax is mandatory, and is coerced (threat of violence/kidnapping for non payment). In Amazon's case my Prime membership is just a bulk annual free shipping fee, with a few cool movies/shows on prime video as a bonus. Bezos is getting pretty buff, but nobody at Amazon flexes on me as hard as the IRS yet.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Mercer said:

@mr.yuck FED EX just left a 1000.00 plus microwave drawer for my kitchen reno out in front of my garage door, in plain sight, close to the street instead of at my front door where it's hidden. Also, did I mention it's fucking snowing/raining out too. Tempted to claim it never arrived. It even says on the tracking "left at garage".

I dont get that shit. Its not like these companies are paying their employees shit wages to drive around and deliver packages.

 

Fuck them. 

 

Get yourses.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/21/2021 at 3:32 PM, Mercer said:

@mr.yuck FED EX just left a 1000.00 plus microwave drawer for my kitchen reno out in front of my garage door, in plain sight, close to the street instead of at my front door where it's hidden. Also, did I mention it's fucking snowing/raining out too. Tempted to claim it never arrived. It even says on the tracking "left at garage".

 

On 4/21/2021 at 7:18 PM, mr.yuck said:

I dont get that shit. Its not like these companies are paying their employees shit wages to drive around and deliver packages.

 

Fuck them. 

 

Get yourses.

 

@MercerI am with you 100 percent.  

 

however,, I have learned fedex, doesn't have in-house drivers, not like ups.  Fedex outsources the delivery to help reduce liability.  However, I am not sure how it all works with claims, considering fedex is all over everything, but it at something on the delivery end, it's the delivery company that is responsible for package placement to say the least.  

 

I would have to ask someone at fedex this question tho.  The next time I see the guy who owns a few contracts to deliver for fedex, I'll ask.  But what I am kinda thinking, is if one of these independently owned contractors keeps screwing up, late deliveries, lost packages, amd so forth, I am sure they loose the contract.  

 

But again, I'll have to ask.  But I am sure fedex replaces it just to keep away any negative dealings that may hurt their bottom line (stock price).

 

 

  • Truth 1
  • Props 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

@ndvI didn't know that. I guess it depends, I have bad luck with Fed Ex. Not the first time I've been fucked by them. UPS, and USPS both better. The best one is Amazon, they never leave my shit someplace fucked because they take a photo of it for proof before leaving. Also, my packages aren't as damaged. Reality is my experiences are only anecdotal, it depends on the individual driver much more than who employs them.

  • Truth 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/21/2021 at 6:08 PM, Mercer said:

 

MY mom's address was being used as part of an Amazon "verified" review scam. She'd get free shit from Amazon in the mail most likely to satisfy review requirements. These fake review services set up multiple accounts, using real addresses. From what I've picked up from people earning money via "fulfilled by Amazon" buying 1K fake reviews could go for a very hefty price tag, sound product or not. Apparently that's an important metric, especially if you want to sell your business to someone else.

 

As for the tax thing, anything I voluntarily choose to pay isn't a tax. A real tax is mandatory, and is coerced (threat of violence/kidnapping for non payment). In Amazon's case my Prime membership is just a bulk annual free shipping fee, with a few cool movies/shows on prime video as a bonus. Bezos is getting pretty buff, but nobody at Amazon flexes on me as hard as the IRS yet.


i understand what you mean but isn't purchasing any product in a free market willingly paying the tax on it?  Services and real products are both taxed on purpose. If the buyer doesn't pay it the seller does so the seller usually rolls this into the cost of the item. 

If you sell on Amazon then you have to pay the fee to sell and I think the only reason this isn't called a tax is because the government didn't say it was a requirement for service/features. 
 

Free Amazon accounts that don't get prime shipping must pay premium shipping costs which don't actually cost Amazon any extra to deliver within prime deadlines.  This means all the "extra" shipping cost paid is just profit for Amazon. It didn't actually cost them any more to move your product to your house because you aren't a member. 

 

Id fully support a USA made products only online store that aimed to shutout everything that was imported for bargain basement pricing reasons. I feel that cheap products and services only exist to cheat the consumer. 


 

 

Edit:  it to mention how even a free account on Amazon has effectively "sold" their personal information to Amazon for free and agreed to the eula that allows Amazon to use the information for marketing purposes.... which is a broad umbrella. 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Mercer said:

@ndvI didn't know that. I guess it depends, I have bad luck with Fed Ex. Not the first time I've been fucked by them. UPS, and USPS both better. The best one is Amazon, they never leave my shit someplace fucked because they take a photo of it for proof before leaving. Also, my packages aren't as damaged. Reality is my experiences are only anecdotal, it depends on the individual driver much more than who employs them.

 

I'll say it like this.  I never choose to FedEx shipping or receiving.  Not because of the independent contractor deliveries, which my issue with that is that my packages always arrive near the end of the day, and when customers need something expedited, time is everything.  The other reason I do not ship fedex, because I see the way packages get treated, the semi trailers are not rain proof which I would loose count on how many packages I seen wet.  

 

I could go one about this topic.   I feel bad saying this considering I work for fedex at the moment, but I will not ship fedex.

 

Anyhow, I'll loop back on the contract thing with fedex. 

 

What a contractor told me, fedex will only allow contractors to have up to a 1mil contract, which contracts are renewed every year.   The only way a contractor can have multiple contracts, is by buying other contracts from other contractors.  As for numbers, (this is what the guy had told me, so hopefully he was truthful)  on a 1mil contract, it costs home around 700k operating expenses, that's salaries included for his drivers, and the TXDOT license to operate, which he told me its close to a mil but fedex helps with that but you pay back over time.   Anyhow, so 300k for him, which now he pays taxes on.  

 

Basically the guy was saying, you do not start making money until you start buying up other contracts.

 

Fedex delivery drivers make 800 a week what he pays his people.  

 

UPS is no more than 70hrs a week.  Something with state law in TX. 

 

Honestly, what I have learned just being a package handler at fedex, I could start a thread on packaging. Honestly, I really wish we could bring our cell phones in because I would take photos of all of these stupid companies that use cheap packaging materials such a low quality boxes and cheap tapes.  Walmart, Chewy, Target are you large moron companies that ruin other people packages, because they will ship fluids and/or over weight items that bust open, spill over or crush all other companies/consumers packages. 

 

I would love to have a website with photos call out all of these twinks.  Anyhow, in the defense of fedex, they take a lot of crap and loss all because of these stupid people using poor quality methods to ship and secure packages. 

 

Which I am working on something to correct all of this. But yeah, sorry to hear about your Miele microwave.  Hope it works and cooks well.

  • Props 2
  • LOL! 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

That's pretty crazy @ndv working as a fire alarm tech I've serviced most of the shipping facilities including 6 FedEx facilities in NYC. They had the trucks, and Uniforms so I assumed it was all one company. $800 a week is insanely low, but I guess I live in expensive areas. Wondering if these guys here use regular carriers on local routes, might catch hands next time. lol "You dropped that shit off last time pussy!"

 

Microwave good, not Overstock's fault really other than choosing FedEx, so gotta support one of the few places that accept bitcoin. I've ordered a shit ton of furniture, and appliances from them over the last 3 years fucking with crypto, including a stove recently, Overstock, and FedEx are usually pretty good with everything including refunds, and returns. Not trying to fuck up a solid tax loophole. 

  • Like 1
  • Truth 1
  • Props 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

√ó
√ó
  • Create New...