Rise of Asian Hate. Or More Pronounced Acknowledgement.

Dark_Knight

Was scrolling through Reddit and ran into a large amount of videos displaying racist assaults (both physically and verbally) on Asian people. 

Sensitive subject, but genuinely curious on opinions. Seems to be an idea of “racist free pass” going on. But from many of my Asian friends, it’s been an issue they just keep silent about. 

Would it be fair to suggest BLM takes accountability for the increase of racism in their community? 

Once again - I’m hoping to gather a better view point on a complex issue. 12oz has some very extreme differences in political beliefs and everything in between so figured it’s a good spot.

• Like 1

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

This is more about black racism than it is "Asian Hate" as uncomfortable as that is to acknowledge, and it's weird watching people struggle with not being able to talk about this very real problem. I mean I can kind of understand if you're DOS and don't like white people, but Asians never did shit. So on that basic level, just the hate itself is super unwarranted IMO. Asians drip with merit in the U.S. and it can only be jealousy.  I mean nobody handed them shit either.

That said, I don't really care if someone has racist thoughts, the thing I take most issue with is the violence, talking shit is one thing, but as always I could care less about what you think, and more about what you do. Race aside, only cowards attack old people, that's the real problem. I say this as a fan of watching violence, but TBH I can't watch those types of videos where it's not mutually consented combat, and just helpless people being victimized. Don't see any feasible solutions to this outside of reestablishing 2A rights in these cities.

• Truth 2

I like that there is plenty of documentation proving that you can be any race and any gender and be a trash human being. This shit is hard to watch cuz like @Mercersaid asian people arent out here fuckin with people. Ive only ever known 2 asian people in my life well enough to consider friends. They seemed to have their own whole set of internal cultural and generational problems to deal with, without all of these new complications.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mercer said:

This is more about black racism than it is "Asian Hate" as uncomfortable as that is to acknowledge, and it's weird watching people struggle with not being able to talk about this very real problem. I mean I can kind of understand if you're DOS and don't like white people, but Asians never did shit. So on that basic level, just the hate itself is super unwarranted IMO. Asians drip with merit in the U.S. and it can only be jealousy.  I mean nobody handed them shit either.

That said, I don't really care if someone has racist thoughts, the thing I take most issue with is the violence, talking shit is one thing, but as always I could care less about what you think, and more about what you do. Race aside, only cowards attack old people, that's the real problem. I say this as a fan of watching violence, but TBH I can't watch those types of videos where it's not mutually consented combat, and just helpless people being victimized. Don't see any feasible solutions to this outside of reestablishing 2A rights in these cities.

Certainly looks that way.

• Like 1

There’s a mentality that you can’t be racist if you’re black. And no one can hold you accountable for racism or they’re racist. It’s a messed up logic that’s been built over the last year. 

When BLM first came around I was all for it, because I believed it’s intentions were to rid racism... but it’s done quite the opposite. America needs people of power talking about this type of stuff, but no one can or they’ll be cancelled and their careers will be ruined.

So there internet will just fuel more extremism and it’s only going to get worse. Unfortunate to say the least.

• Truth 2

Your opinion on BLM has evolved over the last year, but they've been flawed (as a group/ideology) from the jump. They should have been an inclusive group fighting to stop unchecked police violence IMO.

We're never going to end racism 100% because the concept of race itself is flawed. This may fly over most of your heads, but there's actually no such thing as "races". But I digress, even if there were it's too late for anyone's race to win except mine. Eventually, we'll all fuck ourselves into a genetic thoroughbred status. The racially ambiguous "mixed" people have an irreversible  momentum behind us, we're secretly winning this race war one cream pie at a time. Inbreds don't stand a chance.

Mercer = toxic mixed race supremacist.

• LOL! 1

10 hours ago, Dark_Knight said:

There’s a mentality that you can’t be racist if you’re black. And no one can hold you accountable for racism or they’re racist. It’s a messed up logic that’s been built over the last year. 

When BLM first came around I was all for it, because I believed it’s intentions were to rid racism... but it’s done quite the opposite. America needs people of power talking about this type of stuff, but no one can or they’ll be cancelled and their careers will be ruined.

So there internet will just fuel more extremism and it’s only going to get worse. Unfortunate to say the least.

CRT is a blight on society.  It's doing more to drive divisiveness and tensions than its helping.

I was listening to Eric Weinstein talking to Lex Fridman today and he was talking about D&I as it stands today, and how it would be better served to incorporate D&I from a place of greed to help drive innovation than how its currently being driven by guilt and shame.  I completely agree.

• Like 1

All of this shit depends on a great many of factors just like anything else. I listened to Eddie haung who I fuck with heavily on the matter and respect his POV. We are all see whatever we see through whatever vessel and I don’t not back for one second Blm fueled or is fuel for this shit. It reaks of “well not every cop is bad” or “not all old white folks racist.” I could also just be in defense mode as a black dude who loves Asians and knows countless others. On the east coast there isn’t that kind of hatred steaming between Asians and black people. That la riot shit was different. If ever seen menace to society as a whatever color person you might already identify with that kind of relationship. Not my personal experience coming from a hood with Asians and Latinos. I hate that clubhouse shit you posted but it’s definitely a take and a alarming one. I haven’t watched the videos but the vast majority seem white to me. Black, Asians, Latinos and poor whites have all had to grab hold of the shittier end of the stick in this country so it’s such a bummer to see that kind of trash coming outta these people above. they would all catch hands with that slippery talk around me. 

• Like 1

And to add more understanding to my nonsense I do not have blm signs at the crib. I am indifferent on that specific shit currently but fully support and understand 80% of the time. I just hate where it’s gone along with most every other normal dude who can see the bullshit corporate America and granola eating super libs. Is what it is though. Def won’t catch me on that street marching fuck blm Lolol. 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, NightmareOnElmStreet said:

All of this shit depends on a great many of factors just like anything else. I listened to Eddie haung who I fuck with heavily on the matter and respect his POV. We are all see whatever we see through whatever vessel and I don’t not back for one second Blm fueled or is fuel for this shit. It reaks of “well not every cop is bad” or “not all old white folks racist.” I could also just be in defense mode as a black dude who loves Asians and knows countless others. On the east coast there isn’t that kind of hatred steaming between Asians and black people. That la riot shit was different. If ever seen menace to society as a whatever color person you might already identify with that kind of relationship. Not my personal experience coming from a hood with Asians and Latinos. I hate that clubhouse shit you posted but it’s definitely a take and a alarming one. I haven’t watched the videos but the vast majority seem white to me. Black, Asians, Latinos and poor whites have all had to grab hold of the shittier end of the stick in this country so it’s such a bummer to see that kind of trash coming outta these people above. they would all catch hands with that slippery talk around me. 

Don’t think it’s BLMs fault. But just as you compared it to the guys who say “not all cops are bad” I think the same applies here. Definitely not an issue you can group everyone in, but there’s a cultural acceptance towards hate to Asians that is becoming more apparent. Same problem with cops. Yeah not all cops are bad, but there’s a cultural acceptance of racisms in the police force that needs(ed) to be addressed.

On 3/27/2021 at 8:03 AM, Dark_Knight said:

America needs people of power talking about this type of stuff, but no one can or they’ll be cancelled and their careers will be ruined.

Trump did but large groups of people

couldn't see past the orange man bad memes they read on Reddit and Facebook. 

People need to just start rejecting the brain washing and spoon feeding they're taking part in by watching the crooked news networks.  I don't have much confidence that people can pull their heads out of their asses in regards to this though. 

It is super easy when you realize that the news is mostly just a drag. Not much "good news".  Everyone's on that Jerry springer hype drama shit. Finger pointing. Arguing. Dissing. Instigating. 

mike judge literally told the future when he made the idiocracy movie. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...