Are there known cases of impersonators in the game?

clone84

Such as individuals stealing names, accurately or not?

I was thinking that imitating perfectly a writer could lead to new possibilities : picture a local street artist seeing his name and style everywhere, going all city, ending up being taken for the actual impersonator.

Some prankster could also stir beefs by dissing on someones behalf.  I figured that if I thought of it someone probably already did?

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

There's definitely stories about a writer using another writer's name to dis another writer, and I'm sure some of them are true, but I've not heard of any instance where someone went around as a copycat bombing the city with another writer's tag/throwup for fun. 

Personally, I wouldn't waste my time putting up another writer's name. If I'm going to go out and risk it... I'm putting up my name. 

• Like 1
  • Truth 2
  • Props 1

• 7 months later...

I sometimes imitate myself. When I go outside and depending on my mood I'm either me or the impostor ... Anyway it's easy if it's not me it's tagged with the left hand. If it's me it's the right hand. So I spend my time toying myself regardless of which hand is tagging. It takes me a long time.
Since this story I only think of that, it's stronger than me.