This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
10 hours ago, KILZ FILLZ said:

They’re all players in the same game and we’re just stuck watching from the sidelines. 

•••

unfortunate turn of events. Decide on being the only state with its own power grid with the goals of lower prices, avoiding federal regulation and maintaining state independence. Only to have it catastrophically fail, be financially raped with electrical price gouging and hotel price gouging, and have to request federal aid within the same month as lobbying for succession from the union. It’s so tragic it almost seems scripted 

Is this what they're spinning on the news over there now?  First we have experts on stock market trading in one week and now we have out of state experts on the problem in Tx?  Good thing there isn't any political massaging riddled all throughout the quote. 

Not anyone's fault if this is the info availble to them. Many here do not believe what is being told. Mayor Adler never lost power. In fact in Austin Reddit he's on Twitter with a gallery light on his painting and no sweater telling Austin today "stay warm".  Cuck mayor. This dude could take crown for king cuck only from maybe schiff or skelelosi.  Next vid of mayor had no lights on in background and he had a sweater on.

Funny that all the stuff I just read on Texas not being able to secede had a very left leaning slant and was heavily concerned with what was federally legal. Here's the thing. If the people are ready to secede (not sure if they are or not) then it doesn't matter what is "federally legal". If we get to the point of seceding for real it will be at a point in which we no longer care about federal laws governing a union we've decided to not be a part of. 

you can't jump the gang member out when they are armed to the teeth. Just sayin. 

Yeehaw. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, mr.yuck said:

All the californians fleeing the west coast brought their god damn black outs with them 

The worst they could really bring is their ideas about politics, energy, food, and what "driving" means. 

this energy problem is 100% because green energy sucks for providing to millions. 

I wonder how many solar panels and windmills Samsung who draws enough power to run 10-20k homes would need to stay online for one day. 

You guys who have a bad habit of watching these channels in an attempt to consume news or know what is going on really should turn off your cnn, cbs, nbc, and etc. 

You guys see cuomo getting dry fucked by the way?  Probably aren't spinning that one too hard yet on the lieberal stations. 

edit: not directed at anyone in particular btw. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Dirty_habiT said:

The worst they could really bring is their ideas about politics, energy, food, and what "driving" means. 

this energy problem is 100% because green energy sucks for providing to millions. 

I wonder how many solar panels and windmills Samsung who draws enough power to run 10-20k homes would need to stay online for one day. 

You guys who have a bad habit of watching these channels in an attempt to consume news or know what is going on really should turn off your cnn, cbs, nbc, and etc. 

You guys see cuomo getting dry fucked by the way?  Probably aren't spinning that one too hard yet on the lieberal stations. 

edit: not directed at anyone in particular btw. 

Every article i’ve read on this has been Texan based news, and they say your windmills and “green energy” provide but a fraction of energy, and this is largely due to freezing conditions and natural gas. 

• Like 2

49 minutes ago, abrasivesaint said:

Every article i’ve read on this has been Texan based news, and they say your windmills and “green energy” provide but a fraction of energy, and this is largely due to freezing conditions and natural gas. 

I don't doubt that you did and I'm not disagreeing with you specifically. I'm disagreeing with the idea that what is being told to people is the whole truth. 

23 minutes ago, Dark_Knight said:

Who knew that the best way to put a state armed to the teeth on their knees was a little cold weather and frozen water

We are so fucked from a little tiny bit of snow. All us Texans. Just sitting in our houses. Scared of a quarter inch of snow. But at least we can all stroke this one gun we all have for safety. 

lol fuck outta here w that.  

• LOL! 1

We have got 20 gallons of drinking water I made yesterday and plenty of firewood/gas for generator still. 

Animals are fat and happy. Google fiber internet worked just fine plugged into power.  I was watching episodes of the first 48 like I usually do as I fall asleep. 

Today I'll take the tractor to the store again and get more gas + Red Bull. 

EFE5FEC7-A97F-4941-B793-86CF867C956E.jpeg

13D5AACA-F812-4CE3-945B-A76CA45F18E0.jpeg

• Props 2

1 hour ago, Dirty_habiT said:

Pretty twisted to see the left try to turn this political.  There are literally children and old people that have no electricity and food right now.

Screen Shot 2021-02-17 at 10.31.22 AM.png

I mean.. refer back to California blackouts, or NY blackouts. Earlier in this thread there was blame being thrown at Californians and blaming green energy. State Reps are making it political.. both sides have made this political. 

• Like 2

Well, I dunno what they've done over there to cause the need for rolling brown outs, or blackouts.... but it's been a thing over there for many years.  You would think someone would try to fix the problem by adding capacity.

This is far from a "we aren't able to do enough" problem.  It's a negligence issue here and it's BEEN a negligence issue in CA for a long time now because of their politicians.  I don't want to get too far into comparing the two states because that could be like arguing religion or Ford vs. GMC vs Dodge.

If anything, this is just further solidifying my thoughts about designing and building my own energy infrastructure.  My friend and I were literally talking about building a small power plant that heats water to turn a turbine.  I doubt anyone has tried doing it this way but you could use a sun tracking robot and a magnifying glass to generate heat like a motherfucker.  The only thing keeping people from doing this is cost and ignorance..... and the cost can be overcome easily by anyone (or group of people) that make decent'ish money.

The expensive parts of such setup would be the pressurized tank and the turbine that generates the power.  Standard "solar heating" arrays could heat water to steam temp if the sun were out.

• Like 1

Welp, now that the power is back on.... the water is off.  They issued a "boil water" notice to us yesterday, they've done this before for other reasons.

This time it's because the water pressure in the system isn't enough to guarantee clean water.  I am now looking back and thinking how fortunate and thankful I am to have been able to make ~20g of drinking water before this notice was issued.  I can almost guarantee that drinking water was sold out everywhere but because I have water filtration needed to make RO/DI water for the fish tanks, I was able to disconnect the DI portion (you don't want to drink that) and make RO water, which is "standard filtered water."

Given that no faucets work right now, our toilets won't be able flush, but that is ok too because I have 20g buckets that I have shoveled snow into this morning and are melting inside now.  I will pour a smaller bucket of "snow water" down the porcelain king when the time is needed to make it flush.

Right when the power came on yesterday I stopped burning gasoline in the generator and firewood in the fireplace.  I think we will experience more power outages still.

• Like 2

Screen Shot 2021-02-18 at 9.21.31 AM.png

This kind of thing bothers me, and look at the upvotes.  I'm not bothered for the reason you'd think.  I think anyone with the capability to fly to a warmer region would do so.  There are tons of people in their later stages of life that have more than one home in more than one climate.... and they go in between those places to follow the nice weather.

You don't see reddit ripping down the crusty old people that take their RV's all over the nation to stay where the weather is nice.... but if you're a politician and you take a jet they're watching you and casting judgement.

It's a double standard if you ask me.  Not one of those 756 people would deny the chance to take a jet w/ their fam to a warmer place instead of hanging out where there is no power or water.  Not a single fucking one would say "nope, I think i'm going to stay here and tough it out, let me know how cancun was when you guys get back."

Not on a TX or CA level, but parts of the Northeast lose power every year from storms, just not as big or widespread so maybe not as noteable.  

Sucks to be without power or water but like hearing about some of the things you're doing to make things work, been there before.

Generating your own power= awesome but I think there's still some lame rule (FEMA related?) that you still have to be connected  to the overall grid even if you don't use it.

Stay safe, stay warm TX people.

• Like 2
  • Truth 1