This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
7 hours ago, ndv said:

This sux.  It's 3:41 am and this is the first time I have been able to connect to the outside world via cellphone.   Houston has frozen over, the power has been out since Sunday night. 😐

Our power just came back on in South Austin.  It was down for 32h.  All of my marine fish/coral would have died if I didn't have a generator.

• Like 5

8 hours ago, ndv said:

This sux.  It's 3:41 am and this is the first time I have been able to connect to the outside world via cellphone.   Houston has frozen over, the power has been out since Sunday night. 😐

I lived through the 98 Ice Storm, no power for over a month. I empathize so much. Its one thing not to have power in the summer but in the dead of winter...rough.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/January_1998_North_American_ice_storm

• Like 2
  • Props 1

48 minutes ago, Kults said:

I lived through the 98 Ice Storm, no power for over a month. I empathize so much. Its one thing not to have power in the summer but in the dead of winter...rough.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/January_1998_North_American_ice_storm

I cannot complain.  That's nuts. It's been 36hrs before power came on.  For months tho, 😮 that's nuts. 

• Like 1
  • Truth 2

9 minutes ago, ndv said:

I cannot complain.  That's nuts. It's been 36hrs before power came on.  For months tho, 😮 that's nuts. 

some areas it lasted months, at my house about 3-4 weeks. It felt apocalyptic. We’d go over to the one homies house who had a fireplace and a small generator 

• Like 2

I'm pretty sure I became a meme today. Took the kubota that I turbo charged to the store. Tons of people taking pictures, smiling, honking, and waving. 

I'll choke Luis Gomez with my cock. Samsung got told by the state this morning that they have 2h to shut down.  This is not usual. Samsung never gets told to shut down.

Way more than "a gun" and "1/4in of snow."

Dipshits should recognize that they're such and delete their Twitter accounts. Sadly this is the world we live in. 

• Props 2
  • LOL! 2

1 hour ago, mr.yuck said:

What the fuck? Is energy a commodity that you can short?

They’re all players in the same game and we’re just stuck watching from the sidelines. 

•••

unfortunate turn of events. Decide on being the only state with its own power grid with the goals of lower prices, avoiding federal regulation and maintaining state independence. Only to have it catastrophically fail, be financially raped with electrical price gouging and hotel price gouging, and have to request federal aid within the same month as lobbying for succession from the union. It’s so tragic it almost seems scripted 

• Truth 3

I feel for you Texans, making deliveries in the streets of Chicago was a real struggle on the lake front. We got 18" of snow in some places. Got my semi truck stuck a few times but nothing I couldn't get out of with my trusty old shovel. 

I was hoping to spend the day in the office, but crappy weather usually fucks up any plans of having an easy day at work. 

• Like 1
  • Props 2

much has been said about the smug, doughy texas politicians who once mocked california's rolling blackouts. 

as much as i would love to personally dunk their heads in toilets, it seems unproductive to point out how dumb they are, even if they are blaming this on the "green new deal," which does not exist. 

Edited by Elena Delle Donne
  • Like 1

29 minutes ago, Elena Delle Donne said:

much has been said about the smug, doughy texas politicians who once mocked california's rolling blackouts. 

as much as i would love to personally dunk their heads in toilets, it seems unproductive to point out how dumb they are, even if they are blaming this on the "green new deal," which does not exist. 

All the californians fleeing the west coast brought their god damn black outs with them 

• Truth 2
  • LOL! 1