The landlord/manager's special.

Dirty_habiT

• 1 year later...
This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • 4 weeks later...

A few for the books. 

Coax Cable to no where but also doubles as a camo post

20230708_083114.thumb.jpg.df93d25fb3811b329340b70f8c439b1f.jpg

lolz on this drawer.  Gotta open the oven first tyen the drawer

20230708_082423.thumb.jpg.ccd294a948b63123ca2091e88b00d2ef.jpg

wood putty or bondo?  

20230708_082022.thumb.jpg.31ddfcdb162a5949d0995adfe6f336a1.jpg

Edited by ndv
  • Like 3
  • Truth 1
  • LOL! 2

• 1 month later...
  • 6 months later...

The toilet is so close to the wall, you have to sit towards the left just to feel comfortable. 

Not sure what is up with the toilet paper but I suppose it has something to do with the limited space from the toilet to sink and wall.  🤷‍♂️

20240225_111523.jpg

20240225_111542.jpg

• LOL! 2

12 minutes ago, Fist 666 said:

That texture is next level.

I get phone calls to "can you remove this texture" a lot. Generally followed up by "Oh, that much? I was expecting like maybe $200."

Hahaha that just gave me a great idea. Next time that shit happens I'm going to tell them "well the price is $2100 but I'll tell you what, of you hire me to do the job, I'll sub it out to you for $200. Just let me know when you're finished and I'll get you paid as soon as I get paid."

• LOL! 3

17 minutes ago, ndv said:

The toilet is so close to the wall, you have to sit towards the left just to feel comfortable. 

Not sure what is up with the toilet paper but I suppose it has something to do with the limited space from the toilet to sink and wall.  🤷‍♂️

20240225_111523.jpg

20240225_111542.jpg

is this where you are trying to take a shit right now?

that won’t work for me, can’t accommodate my stance with that wall right there.

• LOL! 3

9 hours ago, LUGR said:

is this where you are trying to take a shit right now?

that won’t work for me, can’t accommodate my stance with that wall right there.

Nah, not me, brother inlaws office bathroom.  I guess it's smart as it may second guess one of his crew members from using the lavatory.

Out of curiosity, what should something like that cost? I’ve seen videos of popcorn removal on ceilings and though it’s definitely messy, it looks pretty quick and easy. Looked like they just misted with water, waited and then used a trough to skim it all off. Nothing these days is $200, but I’d be curious to know what it should cost. 

• Truth 1

4 hours ago, ndv said:

Nah, not me, brother inlaws office bathroom.  I guess it's smart as it may second guess one of his crew members from using the lavatory.

his crew probably all have narrow stance

• LOL! 1

12 hours ago, mr.yuck said:

I get phone calls to "can you remove this texture" a lot. Generally followed up by "Oh, that much? I was expecting like maybe $200."

Hahaha that just gave me a great idea. Next time that shit happens I'm going to tell them "well the price is $2100 but I'll tell you what, of you hire me to do the job, I'll sub it out to you for $200. Just let me know when you're finished and I'll get you paid as soon as I get paid."

I had to take a screen shot and sent it to a few people in commercial landscape and AV as this is textbook perfection. 

• LOL! 1

3 hours ago, misteraven said:

Out of curiosity, what should something like that cost? I’ve seen videos of popcorn removal on ceilings and though it’s definitely messy, it looks pretty quick and easy. Looked like they just misted with water, waited and then used a trough to skim it all off. Nothing these days is $200, but I’d be curious to know what it should cost. 

Before the world went crazy I was charging $10 a square foot to remove pop corn and reskim ceiling. If the ceiling was ever painted with semigloss making it impenetrable to water, all bets are off. That situation is scraping it dry to knock all of the tips off so that water has an absorption spot. Then it's soak and scrape. Outside of it being a complete mess and time consuming it's fairly easy to remove.

Also @misteraventhere was a fairly large 2000 sq ft popcorn job I did years ago. I was thinking to myself while I was writing the estimate "no fucking way these people are going to pay 20 Gs to remove pop corn. I bumped the shit down to $7 a sq ft thinking we would be profitable by way of bulk work. I was wrong. We broke even at $7 a foot.

Now that it's just me working though, over head is bottomed out and prices are psycho across the board, I price things according to how badly I want to do them. 

Everything feels like a fuck off price. And for real people are just like "yep. Okay. That sounds about right." Or they rebuttal with early 90s pricing.

Edited by mr.yuck