The landlord/manager's special.

Dirty_habiT

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

Beige is the worst color for interior design.  Light reflects and casts a yellowish hue which in return makes whites look faded and dingy.  

Basically beige to me is the equivalent of displaying, live, laugh, love in the house.  It's down right retarted.  

• Like 1
  • Truth 2

oh man do i have some pics for yall, will try to update this weekend. 

the entire tub is painted. Covered the nice tile, either because mold and grout issues or water leakage issues. now the paint is flaking into the tub. 

When i first moved in my power bill was stupid cheap, apparently the crackhead maintenance man had half my apt wired to the neighbors spot and when his power went out my kitchen and AC went out too... lol 

• Like 2
  • Truth 1
  • Props 1
  • LOL! 2

2 hours ago, +plus+ said:

oh man do i have some pics for yall, will try to update this weekend. 

the entire tub is painted. Covered the nice tile, either because mold and grout issues or water leakage issues. now the paint is flaking into the tub. 

When i first moved in my power bill was stupid cheap, apparently the crackhead maintenance man had half my apt wired to the neighbors spot and when his power went out my kitchen and AC went out too... lol 

Montrose is Landlord Special heaven.  I rented for a couple years in duplex built in the 30's (single pain windows), paint on paint since probably since the 40's, light switches to nothing, fireplace was sealed up to become a faux.  Rent was cheap split 3 ways, but out electric bill was pretty much on average 300-400 hundred a month.  

Montrose is cool, but once you live there and move away, it just becomes a distant memory.  

• LOL! 1

• 1 month later...
On 2/18/2021 at 12:44 PM, Dirty_habiT said:

This meme the other day reminded me of all the stuff I've seen in the duplex I live in. 

54608BA1-A0EE-4B0F-952F-B7FAD25D0218.jpeg

This exchange was initiated by the property manager. He's been a real "genius" on many occasions. 

5814FFB4-4646-44AD-8699-7FB16CEC6D18.jpeg

To which I replied telling him that there is no water service, thinking that he would understand there is no way to drip faucets right now. 

DC851249-A0C4-4FC0-B087-EE8C2FC19CCF.jpeg

Then he forgets how homonyms work and provides a patronizing reply to me that sounds like he didn't read what I said or understand it at all. 

22308EDF-F5C2-4217-BD69-51B638846323.jpeg

This dude seriously is special olympics. I'll add some more stuff as I get time to photograph it. 

Do any of you have any landlord or rental manager "specials" to talk about?

LMFAO @ you accusing your property manager of being dumb when clearly it’s you who didn’t understand his reply. “Good” as in no water pressure = no water in pipes to freeze and thus break the pipes. “Keep it on” means keep your faucets turned on a little so that when the water is turned back on and pressure builds in the pipes, the faucets  will start dripping and the water will stay in motion and not freeze. I’m sure somebody has to have pointed this out somewhere in this thread, but I’m not gonna bother reading through it.  😆

You have no idea what kind of moron stuff beyond what I've shared that this property manager has done.  The mere thought of standing up or playing lawyer for him is hilarious considering your complete ignorance of the situation (and any of the others). 

Did you run out of weed or something?  Better go hit up ma dukes for money in exchange for doing chores you should already be doing. 

46 minutes ago, Dirty_habiT said:

You have no idea what kind of moron stuff beyond what I've shared that this property manager has done.  The mere thought of standing up or playing lawyer for him is hilarious considering your complete ignorance of the situation (and any of the others). 

Did you run out of weed or something?  Better go hit up ma dukes for money in exchange for doing chores you should already be doing. 

I ain’t standing up for or playing lawyer for anyone, I’m just picking on the retard. 😆

One of my first places was an old farm house chopped up into apartments. Through good timing I moved into the only one that was kind of renovated with actual insulation and fancy new double pain windows. It still sucked and I only had hot water when the heat was on. So summer showers were Wim Hof style ice showers. The landlord was a total stereotype of a east coast Italian douche bag landlord. always prying in your shit. Walking in unannounced for no reason, giving up personal details on the neighbors. The widows peak,  sweat and cigarette yellow stained wife beater with gold chain…So dude decided he could save a lot of money by consolidating all the individual thermostats into my better insulated apartment. At the time, I worked straight night shift. Great schedule for writing and living on my own was great so I was willing to tolerate a lot. Woke up one mid morning on a work day to find homeboy and a super sketch handy man leering over me holding a power drill and tools going “ it’s ok he’s sleeping “. Zzzz goes the drill for emphasis!  when they decided to reconfigure the thermostat situation.  They couldn’t understand why I was “concerned” about this. Anyway they made me Keeper of the Flame for the place so I’d come back from shows or the yard or wherever to all these notes on the door: “please turn up the heat we’re freezing “ and “please it’s so cold and I have a baby”. So I cranked the heat up…and up…and up. Winter of 02-03 in New England was a bitch but I spent that sucker in shorts and a t-shirt. Even got a little fake palm tree going. Dude used to come by and shake his head-he couldn’t understand why the heating bill was so high…

• Like 2
  • LOL! 5

So, there I am minding my own business; the president of the white trash HOA and her jailbird dopefiend son are suing my landlord and have moved on to greener pastures, when I hear a call from inside their apt. “Hey yuck! Come check this out!” I walk into the unit against my better judgement and it’s almost completely gutted. I go upstairs and am greeted by the over powering aroma of animal urine. The carpet is peeled back to expose bare wood with a small looking grease stain on it. Rich says to me “It’s the weirdest fucking thing. I put the heater on this spot over night and it dries up. Then a few hours later it comes right back.” 

“Yeah bro, it reeks of dog piss in here! That spot is probably soaked with dog piss all the way through,” I say while half laughing at his misfortune. He starts asking me more questions like; how long is this going to take to dry out and can I just paint over it? Then I had flashbacks of my bedroom smelling like animal piss on a few hot summer nights several years before and how long it took me to get rid of that smell. I told him to quit being a piece of shit and spend the $20 on a new piece of sub floor. I also had to explain to him that his time was worth money as well and to stop spending countless hours on trying to rig this thing when the answer to his problems is only $20. 

I went over there everyday for the next 3 days until he finally did the subfloor patch. 

He also hired his son to go over there and cut the grass when he realized I wasn’t about to be the one to do that shit. His son was the laziest piece of shit I’ve ever seen do yard work. He would push the mower a few rows and then drag it behind him leaving large triangles of uncut grass. Then he packed the shit up and bounced.

• Like 1
  • LOL! 3

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...