This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
1 hour ago, fat ralphy said:

Dude the one thing this thread hasn’t mentioned, isn’t Houston susceptible to floods?

I think my buddy nearly got flooded during the last big hurricane. But coming from Florida that might not be a big deal.....

This is very true. Choose your location within the city wisely. Some areas flood like crazy and others don’t. I am sure price is associated with that factor and the flooding areas are much cheaper. Houston seems to have the worst weather in Texas.  @+plus+should chime in on this, but I don’t think he has been on in awhile?

8 hours ago, Dirty_habiT said:

You could live INCREDIBLY FAT in El Paso.

That's pretty sick @fat ralphy.

@Dirty_habiT 
what's el paso like?

I know you live in parts elsewhere but I figure you might know people there.

is it the sort of place where you nip across the border to buy your medicines cheaper and get your teeth done etc.?

Go across to buy lumber for a big building project or buy booze for a big party.

i assume  the Locals in Ciudad Jauarez have a certain devotion for separating Gringos from their Dinero so there'd be lots of shit like that I'd imagine

do americans do that? 

or does the level of cross border hassle in the trump era make that not worth it to save the $100.00

CRossing any border in Australia is a novelty

Edited by Schnitzel

From what I have seen and experienced in Arizona @Schnitzelcrossing near border towns is fairly easy. For people with legit papers/passport etc

For sure people do it like you said for prescriptions and dental, one of my boys got his whole grille smashed with a brick and now has some Hollywood type veneers courtesy of a dentist in Mexico. I think there are American dentists that operate in both locations etc.

That being said - the cartel shit is real and people need to be aware of what they are doing and how they are operating. 

• Like 1
  • Truth 2
  • Props 1

Fat Ralphy said exactly what I was going to say basically.

Yes, you can traverse the border but if you don't pass for Mexican and poor, you are potentially making yourself a target.  It's not a game, it's not some bullshit to be racist or keep people from living a better life.  If you life in El Paso, you WILL know and appreciate EXACTLY why there should be a giant fucking wall all the way across that border of the USA.  Don't even need to get into the politics, just go live in a border town if you don't believe.

You could live fat there if you were smart/quiet about your money.  I am unsure about what you could bring back from the border in terms of drugs/booze.  I think it's probably a poor decision considering you risk sitting in Mexican jail.

I don't know anyone from El Paso, but it's a place in Texas where the cost of living probably isn't high.  The other nice thing about Texas is that if you keep to yourself and don't make a big scene about what you do, people generally do the same.  Way too many people these days make it their business to worry about what someone else is doing.... when it's painfully obvious they have neglected to worry about themselves.

@Schnitzel- the people that are looking to separate people from money stretch well beyond the border towns btw.  You could get fucked up real easy wandering around in the wrong side of San Antonio -- and it's hours past the Mexico border.

• Truth 1
  • Props 1

@Dirty_habiT @fat ralphy

cheers for the answers.

By booze I just meant that maybe if a 30 pack of beer costs $25.00 in El Paso it might be like $8.00 across the border.

In the UK before brexit going on a booze cruise across the english channel to stock up on cheap wine etc. was not that rare. you could buy like 500 cans of beer and bring them back if you were so inclined.

Drugs would be a serious No-no.

The money separation thing I meant more in terms of "if the gringos wanna buy I wanna sell them whatever they want" opposed to street crime.

Like for Australians if we go to Bali there are plenty of dental Clinics, plastic surgery clinics, t shirt printers, body piercers, custom tailors,  surfboard shapers etc.whatever to make the most the most of the difference between the currency rates.

I would believe there would be plenty of reminders of why the wall is there.
I was looking at places on zillow and wondering if you lived closer to the wall would you be panicking each time you heard a noise in the yard at night.

I suppose there's some panicking.  Years ago I was talking with someone who worked on a ranch in a boarder town.  Its a little different when you own land on boarder towns.  So basically even though its your land you have to be careful what you stumble accross.  The cartels have their mules make drops at night and it doesn't matter who's land cartels are gonna use your land to do business rather you like it or not.  So when you're out working on your land, checking things out, it isn't common to come across bundles of whatever.  You leave those bundles alone because they have people watching and knowing who picks up what.

Then of course there's all the other everyday things to attend to amd worry about. 

• Like 2

I spent one night in Juarez back in the early 2000’s and it was a bit sketchy at that time but we had a good time. Drove from Albuquerque through El Paso and stayed the night at a random hotel not far over the border. My friend’s girl had family there so she translated and treated us to an amazing meal at her families place in the hills around the city the next day before driving back. That night, we ate, drank tequila and bar hopped the night away. We met a local girl who became our guide at the first bar which was a gangster bar with all the locals looking like eses. They were all chill and inquisitive, helped having a translator. A few other gringos came in and they seated them at our table saying something like “here are your other friends” which was pretty funny. They didn’t stick around. The chick then took us to some cowboy bars with gnarly shitty bathrooms and we all drank beer and danced to those Mexican tunes with the ill accordion. The night ended and the girl asked us to give her a ride home.....naw, sorry that’s not going to happen. Plenty of chances that night we could have been set up. Went back to the hotel and went to sleep forgetting to even lock our door. We ended up bumping into the chick walking around the central town square the next day and she was with her family and it was awkward. We all agreed that one night was enough and it was time to drive back across the border.

Pretty sure El Paso has ranked as one of the safest cities in the country recently.

• Like 2
  • Props 2

Did somebody mention Davy Crocket?

I dunno about Texas but moving away from a high cost of living area while maintaining the same income really does make you like a rich guy.

My cousin moved to Texas a while back to work in extraction, that little fucker makes bank.  

• Like 1
  • LOL! 1

14 hours ago, LUGR said:

This is very true. Choose your location within the city wisely. Some areas flood like crazy and others don’t. I am sure price is associated with that factor and the flooding areas are much cheaper. Houston seems to have the worst weather in Texas.  @+plus+should chime in on this, but I don’t think he has been on in awhile?

here to double bump this, houston is wildly unprepared for climate change and will continue to flood like hell. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Elena Delle Donne said:

here to double bump this, houston is wildly unprepared for climate change and will continue to flood like hell. 

I'd say it's largely up to you to figure out.  There are many home owners that will rent to anyone willing to pay that have property in flood planes.  There is a LOT of Houston that gets fucked up when the seas swell.  You can do what people that have lived next to the ocean have done.... well forever..... you just wind proof your living abode, don't keep shit on the ground that you care about losing , and build a home on stilts.  That way, you can evacuate, and when everything is done and everyone is done looting the vacant houses.... you can go back, to your looted house.

Mostly kidding about the last part, but kinda not.

Seriously though, you could easily live in Houston's "flood areas" if you just built the right shit.  I mean, nothing keeping you from building your house and parking garage 20ft up in the air..... can't remember last time it flooded to 20ft in places taht are usually dry.  Just sayin.

I think it's hilarious when people from USA ask if I see any of the flood/hurricane weather in Austin.  We're so far inland that we might just get some rain from it.  Austin has a weather forcefield barrier that parts clouds/storms around it.  Several times been documented w/ screenshots of weather radar on reddit.  True story, still not a reason to move here though, it sucks.

1 hour ago, Dirty_habiT said:

@Elena Delle Donne- those people got a bad wrap by the media and the politically driven/funded mob IMO.  They're just successful people with guns, who cares.  Probably go destroy someone else's property down the street if you're a criminal with half a brain IMO.

hah. they don't need any help to look bad, i promise

"asserting their white privilege"  - I see this term used.

What exactly did they do again, by this news source's definitions, to "assert their white privilege"?

I'm just calling question into the credibility of this "journalist".  Not saying it's not true, but how many other things in this same article have this silk thread of personal attack weaved throughout?

It's distracting to the reader, and..... if you're gullible enough to believe what some "nobody" says then I would say it's also dishonest to the reader.

These journalists are jokes.  Bunch of circle jerking is what it is.

• Truth 1

Also, no need to worry about those people from some other state that did that.  They'd be welcomed w/ their guns into Texas because we like people that like to defend their freedom.

We had like.... ummm no angry mobs destroying anything in Texas.  Cucktifa got a little bit of b-hole action w/ their bros here in Austin but i think that's about it.  They didn't want to get wetted up you know.  Tons of people packin here and I'm pretty sure the tards know that.  TONS.  And not your little bitch ass illegal 5th hand stolen used for some robberies POS Taurus or w/e other cheap shit the "gangsters" have these days.

Real gun nuts in TX.

Go ahead and keep missing us with that stupid shit.... because, I don't think you have a choice.  😄

Message to any cucktifa reading along here.

24 minutes ago, Dirty_habiT said:

"asserting their white privilege"  - I see this term used.

What exactly did they do again, by this news source's definitions, to "assert their white privilege"?

I'm just calling question into the credibility of this "journalist".  Not saying it's not true, but how many other things in this same article have this silk thread of personal attack weaved throughout?

It's distracting to the reader, and..... if you're gullible enough to believe what some "nobody" says then I would say it's also dishonest to the reader.

These journalists are jokes.  Bunch of circle jerking is what it is.

appropriately, this paragraph starts with "americans saw the story they wanted to see." it is ironic that you're using this phrase that upsets you to twist this big narrative about an article about matters of public record, many initiated by this litigious and nasty couple you seem to feel compelled to defend (?). 

for people who *don't* want to deliberately misread this passage: 

C4C1B395-6E87-493C-8B1A-72AC7645F2AD.jpeg

Edited by Elena Delle Donne

12 minutes ago, Elena Delle Donne said:

appropriately, this paragraph starts with "americans saw the story they wanted to see." it is ironic that you're using this phrase that upsets you to twist this big narrative about an article about matters of public record, many initiated by this litigious and nasty couple you seem to feel compelled to defend (?). 

for people who *don't* want to deliberately misread this passage: 

C4C1B395-6E87-493C-8B1A-72AC7645F2AD.jpeg

EF4904BE-BF0A-4734-A7D3-BB785FCD8105.jpeg

0983DA9B-3C40-41AA-9463-2468F3B40365.jpeg

• LOL! 1

21 minutes ago, Elena Delle Donne said:

you are, of course, welcome to stand on your property brandishing guns at protesters. have the right to, in fact. on that note, back to texas 

Yeah, that's kinda what I was pointing to.  Not sure why the media "made an example" out of them.  This would be "normal" in TX if a mob was rolling through a neighborhood I think, in fact, the mob wouldn't roll through because it wouldn't be a very safe proposition for their small numbers.

• Like 1