Breaking -- competitive breakdancing -- will be a sport at the 2024 Paris Olympics

KILZ FILLZ

https://www.cbssports.com/olympics/news/breaking-competitive-breakdancing-will-be-a-sport-at-the-2024-paris-olympics/

According to BBC, the IOC has said they will prioritize events that appeal to younger viewers. Breaking can be seen as one of those events. 

Climbing, skateboarding and surfing also added. it’s cool they are leaving towards sports that are fun and lighthearted, instead of combat sports. 

• Like 1

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

The Olympics has been in decline with commentators of the younger generations so the committee has been looking at other sports like X-Games to attract the youth.  Surfing was going to debut at Tokyo 2020 which was going g to be pretty exciting for a lot of generations.  However, surfing is a tough sport to host for landlocked countries so surfing events will be held at specific coastal locations.  The other issue is conditions which poses a challenge in itself.  But will always be possible since there are so many places to surf. 

Skateboarding is gonna be the most asiest to accommodate anywhere which is gonna pretty cool to see different areas of city backdrops in those hosted counties.

Nah man, the event in the Olympics is speed climbing.  It different that what you may be thinking. @ndv

i don’t care for this discipline at all but it seems like it’s what’s cool with the kids. Only people I see practicing this when the climbing gyms were open were teenagers and younger. 

will see if this gif works...

5D417C65-CA9C-4B47-8A27-DDAF65E92BE2.gif

• Like 1
  • Props 1

6 hours ago, KILZ FILLZ said:

Nah man, the event in the Olympics is speed climbing.  It different that what you may be thinking. @ndv

i don’t care for this discipline at all but it seems like it’s what’s cool with the kids. Only people I see practicing this when the climbing gyms were open were teenagers and younger. 

will see if this gif works...

5D417C65-CA9C-4B47-8A27-DDAF65E92BE2.gif

Got ya!  Yeah, thats different. I thought it was actual climbing.  I could watch this.  

What about bull riding?  

Edited by ndv
Text