Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Weird Monolith Found in Utah Desert 👽🏜️

nicklesndimes

A metal monolith, planted firmly in the ground with no clear sign of where it came from or why it was there, was discovered at the base of a barren slot canyon in Utah's Red Rock Country.

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/11/24/us/Utah-monolith-red-rock-country.html

https://www.cnn.com/style/article/utah-monolith-art-trnd/index.html

merlin_180398754_539e476e-0f77-4d21-9d64-9996fb88fb44-jumbo.jpg

• Like 1

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

Do you guys think an artist put it there?  Given that they said it's too remote for most people to access..... I find it a little hard to believe someone lugged something like that out there and spent the time to put it in the ground.

I can reason that the ground would look "undisturbed" after a few weather cycles.

10 minutes ago, Dirty_habiT said:

Do you guys think an artist put it there?  Given that they said it's too remote for most people to access..... I find it a little hard to believe someone lugged something like that out there and spent the time to put it in the ground.

I can reason that the ground would look "undisturbed" after a few weather cycles.

someone def put it there. occams razor 

• Like 1

i read somewhere movie prop, as this area has been historically used as a filming location, which was an interesting theory.....and even though that is a decent theory, there is still nothing proving what its exact origin is, which is kind of the draw for people i think. a mysterious item just appeared in the desert, and that is all we know.

3 hours ago, Dirty_habiT said:

My bet is college band music video or student film. Huge pain in the ass to get it out there. Why bother taking it with you?

I am curious how deep into the ground it goes