Elena Delle Donne

just got the security deposit back on my former apartment, two weeks later than required by law, minus $44. 

its not that i was assured i would get the full deposit back, though it's a little bit that. it's mostly: $44? are you fucking kidding me? with this disrespectful shit?

i'm about to go wreckmode on their google reviews and the property managers direct line. i got nothing but time, you fat bitch

Edited by Elena Delle Donne
  • LOL! 1

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

i'm not stressing it or anything. but it IS extremely petty and kinda funny. and they didn't include an itemized list of deductions as they were required to so i can make it a problem if i want to be a douche. 

why would you bother taking anyone for $44? what a trivial sum of money when you own a building. exceptional 

Edited by Elena Delle Donne
  • Like 1

They steal just enough to make it not worth your time to sue them, so don't.  Everyone is wearing a mask now, and it's hoodie season. Be a shame if there was some super expensive property damage that didn't inconvenience other tenants too much. By my calculations they owe minimum $440 now on principal, that's disrespect.

• Like 4
  • Truth 1

26 minutes ago, Kults said:

it’s happened to me too. fuck all you can really do about it either. In my case the building had been sold to some other management company and the previous one made off with everyone’s deposits. new one wasn’t honouring any. bullshit. 

That's worth going to court over, and property damage, allegedly. 

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Mercer said:

That's worth going to court over, and property damage, allegedly. 

waste hours and hours of my time to try to recoup a couple hundred bucks.. maybe? Na fuck that. In principle you’re right of course but it’s not worth it 

57 minutes ago, One Man Banned said:

More info @Elena Delle Donne  How long did you live in the apartment?  Did you damage anything?  Were you required in your lease to do anything like clean it when you left?

@One Man Banned

gf and i were there for two years and moved out leaving it in great shape—no damage. just to be safe we had the building super come by as we were cleaning to ask if we'd missed anything too and he said we were good. 

now: we DID leave on a bad note. we lived next to a hoarder, whose roach problem became ours at the end. the exterminator began poisoning them, which also poisoned our cat. we had so many roaches that the exterminator asked if we were leaving; i was killing 10-15 a day (the german roaches, the little ones). the rule of thumb is for every roach you see there are 20 you don't. Anyway we used this (and our neighbors leaving—not the hordes but other ones) to get them to let us out without a full 30 days notice. got that okay in writing though.