2020 election day/night hell thread

Elena Delle Donne

9 minutes ago, misteraven said:

Trump will disappear if he’s out of office. Most people love Obama and you barely see him except when the left drags him into the spotlight to prop up another politician or cause. Trump might try to leverage his old position, but he won’t be able to. Media / entertainment have been steadily fighting against him every step of the way. Doubt they’re suddenly going to offer him a platform after fighting to shit him down all this time. 

That said, I’m still thinking you can’t discount him leaving. This is going to drag out in recounts and litigation for at least the next few months. Won’t be official until the start of next year. 

Either way, this election cycle was a loss for America but the way it played out with a mega tight race and odd circumstances in at least two states, it’s the worst possible scenario. The country needs to heal and the way this unfolded makes it all but impossible. Shit is going to get far worse is my prediction. 

I would put money on trump not disappearing. Big tech and media is how he got elected to begin with. How his voice has always been heard. And he will continue to act in that way. He won’t stop until people stop listening. But he has a cult following that hangs on his every word. Do agree that shits about to get bad tho.

If this isn’t a sign that we shouldn’t have electors control our elections, idk what is.

• Truth 2

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
1 hour ago, misteraven said:

Arizona is still shocking to me. Both in the Presidential vote and Senate race.

WI and MI does indeed seem fishy. That "data error" that gave it to Biden is extremely suspect, but guess we'll need to hang on and watch the shit show for just a while longer.

Tons - literally in the thousands of Californians have fled to Az. for lower cost of living. For the most part, they have also brought their more liberal stance.

34 minutes ago, Dark_Knight said:

I would put money on trump not disappearing. Big tech and media is how he got elected to begin with. How his voice has always been heard. And he will continue to act in that way. He won’t stop until people stop listening. But he has a cult following that hangs on his every word. Do agree that shits about to get bad tho.

If this isn’t a sign that we shouldn’t have electors control our elections, idk what is.

Twitter has done just about everything they could, and largely succeeded, when he was President. What pull does he have after?

Ive tried to explain the electoral system a few times on here, though I don’t see why you bring it up in this context. The United States would literally not be the United States without the electoral college. The very reason it was created to begin with is the very reason it remains critical today. The USA is not a democracy and the founding fathers made that distinction very clear at the onset. If we based National decisions on a popular vote, you’d essentially have all future legislation decided by one or two population centers. The lifestyle and culture in the USA is as diverse as the ideologies and morals of its citizens. It can never work if NYC gets decide what is good for the entire nation, which is what you’re proposing if you believe the electoral college should be abolished. It may suck fir one side or the other to give up power about 50% of the time, but it’s entire purpose is to provide balance and it does this very well. 

Besides essentially having to recreate the country in order to abolish it, you’d destroy it anyways. There would be no reason for most states to participate in the “United” states if they’re being forced to abide by government that runs counter to them 100% of the time. Even with it running counter to their ideology 50% of the time, you already have ballot initiatives in several states to break apart and form new states. 

Not trying to be a dick, but give it some thought. It literally cannot work. Even if you can somehow overcome the very significant manipulation to dissolve that system, it would simply trigger all the red states to turn their back and opt out of future cooperation. After all, what would be the point of even having states if you’re going to override what’s left of their autonomy by dictating all federal legislation from a place like NYC with no chance for anything else. 

• Like 1
  • Props 1
  • LOL! 1

17 minutes ago, misteraven said:

Twitter has done just about everything they could, and largely succeeded, when he was President. What pull does he have after?

Ive tried to explain the electoral system a few times on here, though I don’t see why you bring it up in this context. The United States would literally not be the United States without the electoral college. The very reason it was created to begin with is the very reason it remains critical today. The USA is not a democracy and the founding fathers made that distinction very clear at the onset. If we based National decisions on a popular vote, you’d essentially have all future legislation decided by one or two population centers. The lifestyle and culture in the USA is as diverse as the ideologies and morals of its citizens. It can never work if NYC gets decide what is good for the entire nation, which is what you’re proposing if you believe the electoral college should be abolished. It may suck fir one side or the other to give up power about 50% of the time, but it’s entire purpose is to provide balance and it does this very well. 

Besides essentially having to recreate the country in order to abolish it, you’d destroy it anyways. There would be no reason for most states to participate in the “United” states if they’re being forced to abide by government that runs counter to them 100% of the time. Even with it running counter to their ideology 50% of the time, you already have ballot initiatives in several states to break apart and form new states. 

Not trying to be a dick, but give it some thought. It literally cannot work. Even if you can somehow overcome the very significant manipulation to dissolve that system, it would simply trigger all the red states to turn their back and opt out of future cooperation. After all, what would be the point of even having states if you’re going to override what’s left of their autonomy by dictating all federal legislation from a place like NYC with no chance for anything else. 

They flag his tweets yet he’s the most viewed Twitter page. All the media does is talk about him. It’s his platform and he knows how to worl it. To say otherwise is simply not true

I’ve also explained how it works. That logic doesn’t apply when states wouldn’t choose the president. The individual vote would. Majority vote should win elections. Simple as that. You’ll never be able to convince me otherwise. Even when my preferred candidate seems to be taking the electoral (and popular). 

There is one main reason in why the electoral college was formed. It wasn’t to give a state that didn’t exist a voice.

• Truth 2

13 minutes ago, Dark_Knight said:

They flag his tweets yet he’s the most viewed Twitter page. All the media does is talk about him. It’s his platform and he knows how to worl it. To say otherwise is simply not true

I’ve also explained how it works. That logic doesn’t apply when states wouldn’t choose the president. The individual vote would. Majority vote should win elections. Simple as that. You’ll never be able to convince me otherwise. Even when my preferred candidate seems to be taking the electoral (and popular). 

There is one main reason in why the electoral college was formed. It wasn’t to give a state that didn’t exist a voice.

again, if you take away the balance provided by the electoral college it all falls apart. People that live in the same area and live the same reality, largely think alike. No idea where you live, but pick Texas for example... Native Texans are so similar, it’s cliche. They want to be left alone, they like guns and they value freedom. Compare that to California... They are largely against guns, they charge very high taxes to support social welfare programs and they place far less emphasis on individual freedom. Both these states nearly consistently vote in opposite directions.

So why would Texas participate in a union when CA will always out vote them and they know it’ll always be in the opposite direction than they want? Because of popular vote, the decision is always weighted in favor of the most population dense part of the USA. It’s not like the USA is a homogeneous mix of both parties. Basically you have two ultra dense regions that always go one way and then you largely have most of the rest that goes the other way, with few exceptions (and the exceptions are mainly people that have left these two ultra dense areas and brought their politics with them). It’s not a fair representation of the nation the same way the lifestyle in those two areas is a fair representation of the lifestyle of the entire nation. 

Attached below is a map that shows the USA from the perspective of the election at the county level instead of the state level. Red is Republican, blue is Democrat. 

486F3A8A-E18B-4A36-A088-38DD3C0D66D4.jpeg

The second map is a population density map. Darker color equals denser population. As you can see, those two hotspots... California and NYC basically hold the entire population. Life in NYC isn’t hugely different than life in NYC, which is why the populations in both those areas regularly migrate back and forth. 

B06C1047-C3FA-4A98-827B-F400AE98506E.png

So by saying you want a popular vote, you’re saying those two tiny segments of the USA, should dictate how the entire nation should live and be governed when you can see from the first map that the overwhelming majority of the country typically votes the opposite. 

• Like 1

On a personal note, was really looking forward to not having to hear about election shit after today. Sucks that it’s going to keep dragging. Guess the upside is I’m still betting Corona will cease to be a topic now. 

Ah fuckin men to that last shit. I dead ass would have voted for Trump based on the corona stance alone. Impossible for me to actually do but I for sure thought about it. I sound wild to friends and family talking about it and I just laugh. Word for word on the topic I agree with everything dude says lol. 

Edited by NightmareOnElmStreet
  • LOL! 1

2 hours ago, Dark_Knight said:

he's not going anywhere and he and his family will yell from the sidelines forever. the biden folks are toothless and won't prosecute anyone from this administration in the name of "unity," which is myopic and politically dull. 

21 hours ago, KILZ FILLZ said:

Doesn’t seem like electoral votes are being delayed. If one of the candidates get the needed 270 tonight, any delay to the final results would be for the elections other than POTUS?

I learned the answer to my own question today

if states have a law that their electorals need to follow popular vote, they must. This is a new law from just a couple months ago. SCOTUS? Less than 40 states have this law. 36? Don’t have the list. 

also caught my eye today:

AEF23120-936F-42BD-B9AB-685A898DA442.jpeg

B9CA8036-005A-4420-BA3F-011E9B8FCEB9.jpeg

8D8E047C-D47F-449F-AC80-8D54504EE4FA.png

• Like 1
  • Truth 2
  • Props 1

3 hours ago, misteraven said:

Arizona is still shocking to me. Both in the Presidential vote and Senate race.

mcsally is a shitty candidate, no shock at all there. she has the rare distinction of losing to both of arizona's democratic senators 😂😂😂 can't spell "mcsally" without 2 Ls 

Edited by Elena Delle Donne
  • LOL! 1

11 minutes ago, Elena Delle Donne said:

also! we had ️ 100,000 ️ new covid-19 cases today in this idiot country. this winter is going to be brutal. i don't believe corona is going away anytime soon. 

I’ll bet the opposite. I’m betting it’ll disappear under Biden and he’ll be credited even though as argued in another thread, it has almost nothing to do with leadership at the national level. 

• Truth 1

again, if you take away the balance provided by the electoral college it all falls apart. People that live in the same area and live the same reality, largely think alike. No idea where you live, but pick Texas for example... Native Texans are so similar, it’s cliche. They want to be left alone, they like guns and they value freedom. Compare that to California... They are largely against guns, they charge very high taxes to support social welfare programs and they place far less emphasis on individual freedom. Both these states nearly consistently vote in opposite directions.

So why would Texas participate in a union when CA will always out vote them and they know it’ll always be in the opposite direction than they want? Because of popular vote, the decision is always weighted in favor of the most population dense part of the USA. It’s not like the USA is a homogeneous mix of both parties. Basically you have two ultra dense regions that always go one way and then you largely have most of the rest that goes the other way, with few exceptions (and the exceptions are mainly people that have left these two ultra dense areas and brought their politics with them). It’s not a fair representation of the nation the same way the lifestyle in those two areas is a fair representation of the lifestyle of the entire nation. 

Attached below is a map that shows the USA from the perspective of the election at the county level instead of the state level. Red is Republican, blue is Democrat. 

486F3A8A-E18B-4A36-A088-38DD3C0D66D4.jpeg

The second map is a population density map. Darker color equals denser population. As you can see, those two hotspots... California and NYC basically hold the entire population. Life in NYC isn’t hugely different than life in NYC, which is why the populations in both those areas regularly migrate back and forth. 

B06C1047-C3FA-4A98-827B-F400AE98506E.png

So by saying you want a popular vote, you’re saying those two tiny segments of the USA, should dictate how the entire nation should live and be governed when you can see from the first map that the overwhelming majority of the country typically votes the opposite. 

Each state has proper representation, and the president isn’t a supreme ruler.  Popular vote should be the only vote.

• Truth 2

16 minutes ago, Dark_Knight said:

Each state has proper representation, and the president isn’t a supreme ruler.  Popular vote should be the only vote.

sorry man, tried every which way to explain how it works and your answers imply you either don’t understand or just don’t want to.

sending state representatives to pass legislation to a president that has ultimate power to approve or veto is absolutely worthless for all but the representatives that come out of those very same population centers and share the same ideology and interests. Not only does it not work because you’ve managed to turn it into mob rule, a mob that might be huge but only represents two tiny little regions of an otherwise huge country, but none of those other regions (states) would ever go for that, meaning it fails both ways. 

• Like 1
  • Props 1

20 minutes ago, misteraven said:

sorry man, tried every which way to explain how it works and your answers imply you either don’t understand or just don’t want to.

sending state representatives to pass legislation to a president that has ultimate power to approve or veto is absolutely worthless for all but the representatives that come out of those very same population centers and share the same ideology and interests. Not only does it not work because you’ve managed to turn it into mob rule, a mob that might be huge but only represents two tiny little regions of an otherwise huge country, but none of those other regions (states) would ever go for that, meaning it fails both ways. 

I understand how it works. By mob rule, do you mean citizen rule? Because we the people would decide. States wouldn’t decide. So yeah, if more people vote for the candidate, then the candidate wins. Votes would actually be truly equal then. Which they aren’t right now.

One could also suggest that it prevents a third party candidate from ever having an honest shot at running for president. 

It’s a system set up for exploiting and it needs to go.