Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

2020 election day/night hell thread

Elena Delle Donne

https://www.courtlistener.com/recap/gov.uscourts.dcd.225330/gov.uscourts.dcd.225330.10.0_1.pdf

In addition to being filed on behalf of Plaintiffs without standing and in the wrong court and with no effort to even serve their adversaries, the suit rests on a fundamental and obvious misreading of the Constitution. It would be risible were its target not so grave: the undermining of a democratic election for President of the United States.The Court will deny the Motion.

• Like 1

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

I listened to the hour long phone call last night and followed along with the transcript, while having the football game on in the background. 

ive been in meetings and on conference calls with people acting just like potus was. Trying to press someone into doing something that’s not right, without specifically saying they want them to do something wrong. 

that call pretty much shows there isn’t any evidence that’s going to change the outcome in GA. someone grasping at straws - literally asking for one more vote than their competitor. 

Hats off to the GA folks for being firm but respectful. Would’ve had a hard time keeping my cool during some of that. 

some parts that stood out to me:

Trump: I don’t know, look, Brad. I got to get . . . I have to find 12,000 votes, and I have them times a lot. And therefore, I won the state. 

——

Trump: So what are we going to do here, folks? I only need 11,000 votes. Fellas, I need 11,000 votes. Give me a break.

——

Trump: So look. All I want to do is this. I just want to find 11,780 votes, which is one more than we have because we won the state.

• Like 2

@Dark_Knight, it's actually very unfortunate that they have lost their voice, as it's likely an indication that most are retreating to safe ground rather than questioning their beliefs. The conspiracy that the election was stolen (and Qanon, pizzagate, birthirism, etc.) has created a community of shared grievance where a sense of loss will continue to fuel anger and drive behaviour.

Below is how this community of disbelief has been created:

First, you introduce a false idea, spreading it by every available means. Then, once people are talking about it, and some believe it, you cite its prevalence as evidence that it might be true— propaganda validates itself.

Traditional conspiracy theories—claims about staged moon landings or silent mind control—tend to be grand and elaborate, sometimes comically so, weaving tangled narratives that purport to explain everything. The new conspiracism, by contrast, offers no proofs, evidence or theory.

It “dispenses with the burden of explanation,” and it does not necessarily try to be convincing. Rather, it foments confusion, disorientation, cynicism and division. It levels accusations, observes which get traction, then uses their popularity to justify the claim that they might be true. It thus “substitutes social validation for scientific validation: If a lot of people are saying it, to use Trump’s signature phrase, then it is true enough.”

If many people entertain a notion, it can be suggested it should be looked into because—who knows?—it might be true, it probably is true, and the theories that live on are the ones that are disprovable.

Lies are thus self-validating, and there is no end to the hall of mirrors. If Congress’s “emergency audit” were to occur and find no fraud, Trump would claim that it, too, had been rigged. His supporters would repeat and amplify his claim, and this would be cited as evidence of its credibility. Wash, rinse, repeat.

The new conspiracism has no interest in establishing the truth. “Its product is delegitimation.” The real message is that everyone who acknowledges Trump’s defeat is untrustworthy, unreliable and fraudulent: the media, the courts, the experts, the states, Congress, the Democrats and, for that matter, many Republicans.

Taken from this piece here:

https://www.persuasion.community/p/the-made-up-conspiracy

• Like 2
  • Truth 2

I'll take the bait.

I'm not saying anything because I don't think this is over.  And by "this" I am not referring to the "presidency".

My guess about people "losing their voice" is that they may be just watching and listening.... or they could be busy doing stuff that is actually productive in life.  😄

Hua - I thought you were out of here king?  I knew you'd be back.  Your drunk ass ramblings were missed by some lol.

• LOL! 1

Loud barks turned into soft wimpers. 

I was directing it more towards people I know, but trumpers on here have been quiet too.

It’s over. Doesn’t mean Biden is gonna be a good president and america is fixed, but Trump definitely lost, and him and all his minions definitely got exposed for the clowns they are.

• Like 1

Its Ok D_Habz, as I said, this is the only thread I'm playing in for the News section and I'm just waiting on @lord_casekon coming back because he's capable of holding a simple conversation without personalising it or resorting to abuse. If he's done with the discussion, I'll be done too. But thanks for taking time out of your power-tripping on a dying forum to inquire.

18 hours ago, Hua Guofang said:

Its Ok D_Habz, as I said, this is the only thread I'm playing in for the News section and I'm just waiting on @lord_casekon coming back because he's capable of holding a simple conversation without personalising it or resorting to abuse. If he's done with the discussion, I'll be done too. But thanks for taking time out of your power-tripping on a dying forum to inquire.

You don't have the power to dole out appreciation to me, but thank you for offering up your thanks.... I guess?

You feel abused?  Sounds like whining to me, go scream into your pillow I guess and kick your feet on the bed.

• Truth 1

On 1/5/2021 at 7:33 AM, Hua Guofang said:

SlackChat_0104-4×3

Perry Bacon Jr., FiveThirtyEight

Ya the dems should have accepted 2016 instead of a 4 yr tantrum, writhing on the floor and shitting in their pants 

nOt mY pReSiDeNt

pot calling the kettle black 

• Truth 1
  • Props 1

3 minutes ago, Dark_Knight said:

I would love to see anything that you can reference that is this crazy. You’re not American so I suppose you’re subject to unAmerican views and support but this is crazy and all of them should be shot on sight 

Ah at least you came to your senses and tried to move the goalposts.

Cmon now

Just now, Dark_Knight said:

Lol you must not be watching the news. Lmk when you can send something that will compare to what is happening right now

I never argued that though.

You said:

9 minutes ago, Dark_Knight said:

send link to when they stormed the Capitol 

4 minutes ago, Dark_Knight said:

Lol you must not be watching the news.

If you were watching the news you’d know what I was referring to. This is the most unAmerican treasonist bullshit in history. Fuck every person that back any of these people. Fuck Trump for supporting this. If any of you support him at this point you can fuck off and leave this country.

Edited by Dark_Knight