hola daddy it's crista

Elena Delle Donne

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
On 10/15/2020 at 2:35 PM, Dirty_habiT said:

By responding you confirm that your phone number has someone/something capable of responding on the other end.  When a script/bot goes through a list of numbers sending texts like this, it DEFINITELY, keeps track of which numbers responded in some way.  It doesn't mean that they remove numbers from their list that don't respond, it just means that they will "mark you down in their database as someone that is interested in receiving further information."

Whats interesting is that I have two cell phones. 1 personal, which I never give out the number or use it for store purchases etc.  

2 business, and I give that number out over the internet when buying stuff and what not.  

So basically I get a lot of spam calls on my business.   Next to zero on my personal. 

But what I have also noticed is that I began to turn off my business phone around 6pm - 7am mon thru fri and turn it off again fri 6pm - mon 7am.  

What i immediately noticed by doing this after a few weeks, is the spam calls were less.   I am not sure if the phone being off and no chance of ringing, it makes the auto dialer system think its a bad number or disconnected line?  

Idk 🤷‍♂️  but it does help. 

• Like 1
  • Props 2

5 hours ago, ndv said:

Whats interesting is that I have two cell phones. 1 personal, which I never give out the number or use it for store purchases etc.  

2 business, and I give that number out over the internet when buying stuff and what not.  

So basically I get a lot of spam calls on my business.   Next to zero on my personal. 

But what I have also noticed is that I began to turn off my business phone around 6pm - 7am mon thru fri and turn it off again fri 6pm - mon 7am.  

What i immediately noticed by doing this after a few weeks, is the spam calls were less.   I am not sure if the phone being off and no chance of ringing, it makes the auto dialer system think its a bad number or disconnected line?  

Idk 🤷‍♂️  but it does help. 

That is certainly plausible that your phone ringing vs. never connecting to ring at all is a different version of the same scenario i described before.  They could mark down which numbers ring as "they're just busy, we will try again later" vs. "this number didn't ring at all and isn't a phone number that we should waste time trying to connect to."

Another thing to consider is that like many other types of black markets/scam type crap, it many times happens in waves.  Malware usually hits the internet in waves.  I think phone spam campaigns are carried out when they collect enough fake accounts on a VOIP provider through acquiring enough stolen CC's to buy the VOIP accounts.

AS in, doing the spamming costs money, whether it's out of pocket because a spammer is paying out of his own pocket, or if it's by using other peoples' stolen credit cards to pay for voip services.

A REALLY rudimentary example of the same is liquor store robbers use stolen trucks to run through the glass and empty the racks.  So, the point is, before you can "rob a liquor store/run a spam campain" you have to "steal a truck/steal a shit load of credit cards."

You feel me fam?

• Truth 2