Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Adding to this, in a somewhat more serious tone @misteraven -

personally, I really do appreciate that 12oz still looks like an oldschool internet forum - and a very refined one, with a good layout at that.

It does not scream for attention and does not get in the way with additional gadgets, it lets the user focus on the actual content.

I think there's a lot of value in that, comparing this with a lot of other ("modern") sites, which frankly just look like they're all over the place.

By the way this is from somebody browsing 12oz on a desktop with a rather big screen - I have no idea how stuff looks on a phone.

I do understand that in a few years time most people will browse the web on phones / tablets predominantly (if not already),

so this might change the whole situation of how you'd want to present / arrange content -

I guess part of why modern sites are more spaced out etc. is exactly because people navigate them with their greasy index fingers on a touchscreen, not with a mouse.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Yo, so I was 5 hours late to work today because the forum clock was broken, please fix it.

Nope. Will look like the Las Vegas strip if I let you guys start animating that stuff.

Shout out to @Dirty_habiTfor once again doing the heavy lifting with all the technical shit. We all owe him a bunch of beers.

Posted Images

While I'm here - what I don't get is why (sometimes, not always) there's this sidebar on the right (see picture below) with stats etc.

Can one switch this on or off somewhere?

Oh and by the way the "burger menu" button with the red stripes which allowed for minimizing the left sidebar does not work anymore for me since the last upgrade.

Screenshot 2020-10-17 at 09.18.55.png

7 hours ago, Deine Mudder said:

While I'm here - what I don't get is why (sometimes, not always) there's this sidebar on the right (see picture below) with stats etc.

Can one switch this on or off somewhere?

Oh and by the way the "burger menu" button with the red stripes which allowed for minimizing the left sidebar does not work anymore for me since the last upgrade.

Screenshot 2020-10-17 at 09.18.55.png

looking into it. 

• Like 1
16 hours ago, Deine Mudder said:

have you tried using [ctrl] + [+] or [cmd] + [+] on mac?

this works on basically all websites.

I use it often on sites where copy is smaller than usual, but I don't have it set for everything.