Armenia and Azerbaijan

abrasivesaint

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

Read up on this a little... only briefly so correct me if I’m wrong. 

But it sounds like it’s a territory war over land left in limbo from the Soviet era. They had a peace treaty for nearly two decades, and its been breached, and looks like it won’t ever be resolved. It’s gonna be a messy border war until further notice.

• Like 1
  • Truth 2

2 hours ago, Dirty_habiT said:

This doesn't sound good.

What are the motives?

The area they’re fighting over is largely ethnically Armenian, and originally Armenian land. During the Soviet Union the land was given to Azerbaijan who now benefits from it economically. Armenia wants it back and Azerbaijan isn’t going to hand it over. The Armenians look at the Azeris as Turks, and Turkey is allied with Azerbaijan, naturally leaving a bad taste in the mouth of Armenians due to the genocide at the hands of Turkey. 

So now Turkey is backing Azerbaijan, and Russia has a treaty with Armenia to come to their defense, putting world powers in a bit of a pickle. France and Russia are calling for them to knock off the shit, and at the moment Azerbaijan and Armenia are basically telling everyone to get fucked, this one is to the death. 

I’ve heard a couple fears that if they don’t cut the shit, this is how another world war happens, similar to world war 1. Super powers back smaller nations and before we know it everyone is fighting someone. I’ve also heard this is going to be just another Syria with a bunch of people fighting in the territory.

Armenia is claiming Turkey is bringing in Syrian and Libyan rebel forces, which is adding a bit of a religious/jihadist aspect.. 

I could probably keep going.. as Kults said, there’s a lot going.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Kults said:

christ 

the fuck is wrong with people 

I’m sure Armenians have done some wild shit too, but Turkey is helping funnel Syrian rebels into Azerbaijan. It’s fucked up. They’re helping spread the catastrophe that is Syria to new regions, and using very fucked up groups of people to do it. Men that are internationally known for rape, mutilation, decapitation, murder, ect. ect. 

• Truth 1

10 minutes ago, abrasivesaint said:

NATO hasn’t done fuck all about it, so that’s a good place to start. So further sanctions, further halting of arms sales.. 

I know Trump had flirted with idea of leaving NATO but there was no way the ingrained establishment would let that happen. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, abrasivesaint said:

I don't know if i’m for leaving NATO, theoretically i can support it. If Turkey is shuffling around jihadists they should not be receiving any benefits of NATO though. If they don’t call Turkey on their shit they can also get fucked. 

I think that’s part of the problem. In theory i’m for NATO as well. As long there isn’t any fuckery and every nation involved pulls their own weight 

• Like 1
  • Truth 1

• 4 months later...