Let's discuss customs

glorydays

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

Genuinely curious about this guy. Mind if you PM me his deets/site? I would like a pair of 1's, but nothing "speaks" to me yet in terms of cw. I just learned about (the grey) Fugazi 1's and they look sick. The Tokyo's and Air Dior's are nice, but I'm honestly leaning towards buying knockoffs because fuck these resell prices. 

Spoiler: never owned 1's. I had the 72-10's but sold them just shy of retail and regret it now. I bought them to accrue cc points. I like the cw they're dropping this Christmas though @ 11's

• Like 1

I found Demarco footwear and Shoe Surgeon. Curious what they about, family. I'd rather go through the dude since it looks like he uses real leather--not that there's anything wrong with synthetic. Have you heard of the JDM brand Hender Scheme or Feit? Just looking at their shoes makes my lower back explode.

r u there?

pls.

• Like 1

On 10/4/2020 at 9:01 AM, swif1 said:

Genuinely curious about this guy. Mind if you PM me his deets/site? I would like a pair of 1's, but nothing "speaks" to me yet in terms of cw. I just learned about (the grey) Fugazi 1's and they look sick. The Tokyo's and Air Dior's are nice, but I'm honestly leaning towards buying knockoffs because fuck these resell prices. 

Spoiler: never owned 1's. I had the 72-10's but sold them just shy of retail and regret it now. I bought them to accrue cc points. I like the cw they're dropping this Christmas though @ 11's

yo my bad...i didnt know you responded

dude is wild expensive tho...if you got the dime, i say pull the trigger

https://www.shopgoodsandservices.com/hand-made-custom-shoes/p/custom-handmade-vegtan-air-jordan-1

On 10/6/2020 at 3:50 PM, swif1 said:

I found Demarco footwear and Shoe Surgeon. Curious what they about, family. I'd rather go through the dude since it looks like he uses real leather--not that there's anything wrong with synthetic. Have you heard of the JDM brand Hender Scheme or Feit? Just looking at their shoes makes my lower back explode.

r u there?

pls.

my bad for not answering...i didnt know anybody got back to me

i like shoe surgeon but the dude upped his prices and the quality kinda went down with the materials he uses.

6 minutes ago, glorydays said:

yo my bad...i didnt know you responded

dude is wild expensive tho...if you got the dime, i say pull the trigger

https://www.shopgoodsandservices.com/hand-made-custom-shoes/p/custom-handmade-vegtan-air-jordan-1

Thank you! Honestly, $1200 sounds about right considering the work put in. Producing their own sole would be awesome, but that's asking a lot for a small operation.

• Truth 1

8 minutes ago, glorydays said:

i want to get two pairs from him

the chicago and neutral gray

YO! I was at a local shop and they had the Tokyo's. Shit got me feeling some type of way as I'm partial to white shoes. Genuinely curious as to how they'd patina.

I wonder if he resoles? I've always believed the stitching on the sole is purely aesthetics in this day and age...

• Truth 1

Just now, swif1 said:

YO! I was at a local shop and they had the Tokyo's. Shit got me feeling some type of way as I'm partial to white shoes. Genuinely curious as to how they'd patina.

I wonder if he resoles? I've always believed the stitching on the sole is purely aesthetics in this day and age...

dude resoles...he has a stock of Jordan 1 soles

and he doesnt glue the sole, he fucking sews it on

shit is quality...if you get one then im pulling the trigger

7 minutes ago, glorydays said:

dude resoles...he has a stock of Jordan 1 soles

and he doesnt glue the sole, he fucking sews it on

shit is quality...if you get one then im pulling the trigger

Shit, man. If I wasn't getting (my final!!!) pair of Ultraboosts, I would. Realistically, I probably won't cop the 1's until next year once I made my peace with the cw I want. So far, Chicago/Bred/SBB are my choices to add some color in my wardrobe haha.

Him resoling seals the deal. I'm not that educated on leather, so when the time gets closer, I'm going to reach out to them about it because my concern is the upper being warped from wear to the point that it won't be "stable" to reuse. i know you have to condition it but idk. haha

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, swif1 said:

Shit, man. If I wasn't getting (my final!!!) pair of Ultraboosts, I would. Realistically, I probably won't cop the 1's until next year once I made my peace with the cw I want. So far, Chicago/Bred/SBB are my choices to add some color in my wardrobe haha.

Him resoling seals the deal. I'm not that educated on leather, so when the time gets closer, I'm going to reach out to them about it because my concern is the upper being warped from wear to the point that it won't be "stable" to reuse. i know you have to condition it but idk. haha

I really don't believe it'll warp...i thought you had a vegitan belt lying around.

@glorydaysHaha I do, but I never conditioned it. I meant warped in the sense of movement. I have boatshoes that can be resoled and never conditioned it either. Through the years, the stitching at the toebox stretched the leather so water can get in albeit not much. I want to think it's because I let it happen re: not conditioning the leather.

• Truth 1

Just now, swif1 said:

@glorydaysHaha I do, but I never conditioned it. I meant warped in the sense of movement. I have boatshoes that can be resoled and never conditioned it either. Through the years, the stitching at the toebox stretched the leather so water can get in albeit not much. I want to think it's because I let it happen re: not conditioning the leather.

ah i get what you're saying...i'll ask if he's treating the leather before shipping it out

@glorydaysoh no no, I'm pretty sure the leather is "hydrated" when it's shipped; it's the upkeep that's the concern. I'm for sure it won't be an issue though as long as one treats the shoes like dress shoes so the leather doesn't dry out. I'm just over analyzing things and it's not a big issue–my brain likes to do this too often 😞

• Truth 1

8 hours ago, swif1 said:

@glorydaysoh no no, I'm pretty sure the leather is "hydrated" when it's shipped; it's the upkeep that's the concern. I'm for sure it won't be an issue though as long as one treats the shoes like dress shoes so the leather doesn't dry out. I'm just over analyzing things and it's not a big issue–my brain likes to do this too often 😞

that's a fear of mine also. I wonder if the upkeep is gonna be extensive. Like, what products do i need to keep the shoe looking new.

28 minutes ago, glorydays said:

that's a fear of mine also. I wonder if the upkeep is gonna be extensive. Like, what products do i need to keep the shoe looking new.

Lexol? Jk, I doubt the leather is sealed. I don't think it's extensive--especially if you're a sneakerhead. Pricey at the beginning, but that's it. I'm still using the kit my gf bought me from Allen Edmonds 3-4 years ago for my dress shoes. Saphir might have stuff to maintain vegtanned leather though.

Since you'd be wearing the 1's as a fashion statement, the upkeep won't be much or often if you don't wear them as dailys. I just checked out the rest of their site and saw they replace Margom soles. This is great news as I have some shoes that have it. I never liked the idea of trashing a shoe when the sole wears down but the upper is still in excellent condition.

Edited by swif1

6 minutes ago, swif1 said:

Lexol? Jk, I doubt the leather is sealed. I don't think it's extensive--especially if you're a sneakerhead. Pricey at the beginning, but that's it. I'm still using the kit my gf bought me from Allen Edmonds 3-4 years ago for my dress shoes. Saphir might have stuff to maintain vegtanned leather though.

Since you'd be wearing the 1's as a fashion statement, the upkeep won't be much or often if you don't wear them as dailys. I just checked out the rest of their site and saw they replace Margom soles. This is great news as I have some shoes that have it. I never liked the idea of trashing a shoe when the sole wears down but the upper is still in excellent condition.

I heard of saphir from boot enthusiasts.

bro, if you have those 1's on, you're gonna shit on everyone

19 minutes ago, swif1 said:

Actually looking at the 1's above, I suppose the outsole is injection molded? If that's the case, the world is your oyster for cw

That's what he told me, that's what got me hyped as fuck

I'm trying not to spend thousands on hand made 1's of colorways i want lmao

• LOL! 1

10 minutes ago, glorydays said:

That's what he told me, that's what got me hyped as fuck

I'm trying not to spend thousands on hand made 1's of colorways i want lmao

That's why you have to sleep on it hahaha. This is great though. I remember seeing this 

And wanted to do a gum sole on my white 2.0's. 

SBB 2.0 will probably be my choice now. 

• Props 2

• 2 weeks later...