🤖3D printers and what kinds of cool stuff you can print.🤖

Dirty_habiT

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...

@Dirty_habiTEnded up ordering an Artillery Genuis Pro. It should be here today.

I havent ordered any filament or anything yet and really don't have much of a plan as to what I am going to do with it yet but we'll see where this goes.

for modelling, I saw you mention FreeCAD. Is that what you use? is taht what most folks use for this? 

I kinda figured people would be modelling with Blender since its free but very capable. I'm curious to hear what you've tried out.

Typically I use C4D for 3d work but at the beginning of this year I started to learn Blender since I've been seeing some really impressive stuff come out of it. C4D folks seem to be leaning pretty heavily on 3rd party render software that I doubt I'll ever pony up for but I'm working to get my Job to pay for it.

Got any fresh out the box tips for me? like an idea place to set it up, tools i might need, etc?

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
On 10/14/2021 at 1:07 PM, diggity said:

@Dirty_habiTEnded up ordering an Artillery Genuis Pro. It should be here today.

I havent ordered any filament or anything yet and really don't have much of a plan as to what I am going to do with it yet but we'll see where this goes.

for modelling, I saw you mention FreeCAD. Is that what you use? is taht what most folks use for this? 

I kinda figured people would be modelling with Blender since its free but very capable. I'm curious to hear what you've tried out.

Typically I use C4D for 3d work but at the beginning of this year I started to learn Blender since I've been seeing some really impressive stuff come out of it. C4D folks seem to be leaning pretty heavily on 3rd party render software that I doubt I'll ever pony up for but I'm working to get my Job to pay for it.

Got any fresh out the box tips for me? like an idea place to set it up, tools i might need, etc?

Sorry I missed this.  Feel free to hit me up on signal app.  512-666-8678.  I don't care if you guys see that number because it's a voip number and not my real phone number........ but you can reach me on signal that way.  I will help you do whatever it is you're heart desires with that 3d printer.

also, if you're some weird ass faggot mother fucker from this forum that i don't like i'll just ignore you.

Edited by Dirty_habiT

1 hour ago, NightmareOnElmStreet said:

Wtttfffff…. So mf’s can buy a bunch of plastic-ish parts for gun building?? 

It's not nearly that simple.  If you have not built a gun before you likely will not easily slap something like this together.  It's the culmination of a lot of knowledge and practice being put into one place from various different subject matters that allows something like this to be built.

If you want to build as a hobby, or you're a felon, or you want to make something that you cannot buy off the shelf, then 3d printing guns is for you.  But, as I mentioned earlier in this thread, the average plebe criminal that wants a gun won't be able to take something like this to the goal post without a whole lot of hand holding and coddling.  A more adept person can probably put this together without too much trouble....... but if you're just a cigarillo chiefing malt liquor drinking lick hitting retard I'd forget about this path and i'd recommend sticking to stolen 380s in the hood.

My point in saying all this is that if you're not already a "gun expert" you are going to need to learn to be one very quickly if you want to 3d print weapons.  Also, it will require tooling that you likely don't already own, not including the 3d printer itself.

Then there's the challenge of 3d printing, it's not as easy as just hitting the go button and a gun poops out the other side ready for assembly.  There are a lot of settings that need to be dialed in properly, your printer itself needs to be calibrated, you need the right kind of filament, and you need to find out where the files are hosted.  Basically, if you don't have a tech dude you can tap for help and/or a friend that knows guns really well (practically gun smith level of knowledge) then you ain't building one of the ghost guns.

On 10/14/2021 at 1:07 PM, diggity said:

I don't do much of any cad modeling.  I've designed one thing and it was a shortened lever AR-15 fire selector so that a binary trigger could be used on a printed lower that it wasn't meant for.  It was an easy change and I used fusion360 to do it.

With that said, I highly recommend using Blender since it's open source and community driven.  It can basically make anything you want to make as long as you know how to use it properly to do it.  I am not a fan of cripple ware, share ware, nag ware, or expensive corporate programs that license software to you for a "rental" (like the adobe suite of products does now).

If you have experience using CAD you're going to be like a fish in water already doing this and I'll likely be asking you to help me make some changes to things lol.

One tip I would say you need to know outright is your printer needs to be either in an enclosure or in a room that is small enough to keep hot and breeze free.  Any fluctuations in temp will cause most prints to warp enough to delaminate their adhesion from the print bed..... which results in a failed print.  If you don't want to waste filament and time printing shit that will warp and piss you off, just put your printer in a photo tent or do what I do..... i put my in the guest bathroom on a wheeled cart with the vents blocked w/ tape.  It gets toasty in there during prints and works well.

Also, the warping is typically only a problem with the more exotic filaments.  The basic PLA filament (which you cannot use to print 2A stuff) prints at such a low temp that it doesn't have warping problems.  Anyway, hit me on Signal if you want help as I don't want to give away all the secrets here publicly.

Edited by Dirty_habiT

Also, 3d printer or not, every house needs to have an AR-15 in it.  If you don't already have an AR-15 in your house, save your lunch monies and go buy one.  Everyone should have one and know how to use it properly.

Also, before ANYONE tries to even think about printing any of this shit, you need to know and memorize the 4 rules of gun safety.  If you don't know those by heart and adhere to them then you have no business messing with firearms at all.

Lololol so in short……yes, but only if you understand the anatomy of a firearm well enough to build one. Certainly, there are plenty of felons from the hood who are fully capable of executing this if they wanted to, you dweeb! I was under the impression you couldn’t acquire “all” the parts necessary to build one using this avenue. Obviously if it’s available then one would need a serious understanding of the hardware/software required to actually print and  build one. Didn’t know it was possible outside of a few pieces. 

5 minutes ago, Dirty_habiT said:

Also, 3d printer or not, every house needs to have an AR-15 in it.  If you don't already have an AR-15 in your house, save your lunch monies and go buy one.  Everyone should have one and know how to use it properly.

Also, before ANYONE tries to even think about printing any of this shit, you need to know and memorize the 4 rules of gun safety.  If you don't know those by heart and adhere to them then you have no business messing with firearms at all.

And I still haven’t acquired my shit yet…..

28 minutes ago, NightmareOnElmStreet said:

Lololol so in short……yes, but only if you understand the anatomy of a firearm well enough to build one. Certainly, there are plenty of felons from the hood who are fully capable of executing this if they wanted to, you dweeb! I was under the impression you couldn’t acquire “all” the parts necessary to build one using this avenue. Obviously if it’s available then one would need a serious understanding of the hardware/software required to actually print and  build one. Didn’t know it was possible outside of a few pieces. 

I have not met a single felon yet that would be capable of doing this.... and i know quite a few.  Even the people that I know that are "into guns" wouldn't be able to complete a build.  You might be giving the tards in the hood a bit more credit than they deserve.  I don't identify with them so I don't give them any credit really, I outgrew all that immature crime shit a long time ago in my early 20s.

To build an "off grid" AR-15 all you need is a lower parts build kit ($60) and a complete upper ($100-$1000 depending on how spendy/nice you want it to be).

The part you would need to go through a BG check/FFL for is the serialized lower receiver...... which is the part you print.

Also, in some of the fagatron states you cannot have parts kits or anything shipped..... or they don't let you have mags larger than 10rds and gay shit like that.

Also, before any ghetto birds get the idea of trying to build a pistol AR/AK/etc..... don't do that stupid shit without studying/understanding the ballistics of certain rounds.  Those bullets have TERRRIBLE aerodynamics when shot out of a short barrel.  Yes it will kill something, yes it will put a hole in some shit..... but it won't do it accurately at any distance worth talking about.  If you're going to shoot a rifle round it better be out of an FN FiveSeveN or out of a 16-20" barrel or you're wasting your time.

Lots of morons think a pistol AR  w/ a short barrel is cool..... it's not.... it's gay.

@Dirty_habiTI'm not interested in building guns, I'm just looking to tinker around. Originally my plan was to build molds from what I print and then cast concrete objects. 

Sadly I'm running into some issues that I think are related to the board on it and Artillery is having to send me a new motherboard for it. Kinda totally fucks my christmas plans of finally getting some time with this to build some stuff but I guess I can just work on modelling stuff until then.  Right before the board started hanging up, I finally got my print settings dialed in better with some good prints. I ordered a magnetic build plate and will probably install in after the new board gets here - I think thats going to be a great improvement. 

So far I've only printed PLA. I've got some PLA+ that I want to try once the board gets swapped out but currently I do not have plans to move to anything else but I know that will change as my needs change. 

I started learning Blender at the beginning of this year following the CGBoost tutorials. I've used C4D a decent amount over the years but Its been frustrating to have everything go to a subscription model especially in the 3d world. You want to model, have a monthly fee, need a good renderer? - monthly fee.  Lighting rigs? monthly fee.  My work pays for c4d so its free to me and even if they didnt, its easy enough to acquire but I've been seeing alot of growth with blender over reddit and youtube so I wanted to give it a run. For the most part it does a good job but I found myself going back to c4d because for broadcast design work, it just easier to get in and get out quickly.  I haven't given up on Blender yet - geometry nodes seem amazing and theres alot of good stuff in 3.0 release so I'll be picking it up again soon. Maybe that is how I will spend my Christmas break since the printer is out of commission right now. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...