Oregon catches arsonist in the act, lets him out, surprised to find he sets new fires...

Dirty_habiT

Who needs global warming with guys like this?

The big fail here was from the justice system, which let the known firebug, freshly caught in the act, out and about.  Obviously, there's something going on with this.  How could anyone in authority be this stupid?

It's sheer lunacy to let a caught-in-the-act arsonist out at a time of high fires and not guess he'll go back to the same thing he was caught doing earlier.  But that's exactly what happened.

LINK: https://www.americanthinker.com/blog/2020/09/oregon_catches_arsonist_in_the_act_lets_him_out_surprised_to_find_he_sets_new_fires.html

223758.jpg

• LOL! 1

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
1 hour ago, Dirty_habiT said:

I'm sorry man.  I would hate to be calling "home" a place where people are doing this.  I feel bad for people that are there that don't want anything to do with this bs.

It's unfortunate, really. Downtown Portland used to be a beautiful, thriving city, but thanks to poor management by local government on absolutely everything it has become a derelict city that will take years to bring back. Many businesses have closed permanently or have chose to relocate outside the city due to the overwhelming homeless and unchecked crime. There's garbage everywhere, human waste, broken car windows... it feels like NYC in the 70s minus the Graffiti and gangs. City officials have advised local police "hands off" when it comes to the homeless and so some of them have become emboldened to do whatever they want. And stuff like fires for warmth, cooking, or no reason at all are commonplace.

There's a Twitter feed called PDX Alerts that is telling of the just some of the crap that happens in the city. When you read through it and see the amount of deliberate fires being set it's pretty overwhelming. 

• Like 1

@Joker- wow!  You sound like you just described the recent "progression" of Austin, TX.... to a T.  I had a sneaking suspicion that the city of Portland was very similar.  I have heard the two places compared several times as being "similar".  I blame what has happened here 100% on the local government allowing it to happen and the greed of people that had power to allow it to happen. 

• Like 2

I've heard the same about Austin and Portland. Restaurants look the same, small local businesses look the same, same kinds of people walking about, bike friendly, all that kind of stuff. But I've also been told I would like it because it's where Lance Armstrong is from there... which is when I walk away from the conversation. 

• Like 1
  • LOL! 2

Yeah Lance is supposedly not a very kind person..... or so I've heard.  I wouldn't be surprised.  There is an air of snootiness here among the affluent.

For a bike rider, of any kind, Austin is great though.  Too many miles of rolling hills with steep grades to ride.  Tons of off road.  Plenty of BMX jumps.  Plenty of cruising paths through parks.... but they're kinda crowded w/ people now.

• Truth 1

This was the view from my driveway last Tuesday, around 3pm. Felt like I was living on Mars. 

Fires_1.thumb.jpg.a0d255951abe64ad78842a6757e01855.jpg

This is the view this morning from my upstairs window...

Smoke.thumb.jpg.c94dce86626b4944bdaac1612c9d01ba.jpg

Opening the front door the air smells like you're sitting next to a campfire. It's thick. For the last week the air hasn't moved... at all. Other than hummingbirds, I've not seen or heard any birds which is really weird for where I live. Supposed to rain later today but we really need some wind, too. 

• Truth 1

We've had the same shit here in Denver since around the beginning of August off and on. Had 2 weeks straight in mid August of not being able to view the cityscape, or mountains from our balcony because the visibility was so low, which only happens during heavy snowstorms. Then it rained finally about a week and a half ago, the air got clear for two days before the entire city was blanketed even in an even thicker cloud of smoke blowing down from the North. An orange glowing daytime blood moon is the closest description I can give of what the sun looks like. Visibility on the highway is 1 mile, so it's not that dangerous. Last Saturday it was so thick you'd notice the smell/taste as soon as you opened a door, or window. Keep in mind I live pretty close to downtown Denver which is a gigantic, sprawled urban area that stretches at least 40+ miles North and South, 10 miles west of where I live, and 20+ miles East and these fires weren't even close. They were just massive. Everything here, center of Denver like cars, etc, have been covered in a thin layer of ashes more than once this summer. Whole burnt leaves, and ashes falling on everything literally looking like a snow flurry sometimes.

• Like 2