outerwear: wants and already haves

glorydays

f746074376.jpg

This is my go to shell. Ive found a bunch of these at my local goodwill so I have no problem fucking it up working outside in it or painting in it. The seals compete with any goretex jacket ive ever used. Throw the down puffy underneath it and its hella warm. I've just been rocking snowpants for most of winter on trekks around town or in the train spot wherever there may be deep snow. I cant be fucked anymore walking around in denim or anything like that in winter where the bottom half of your pants is just frozen solid after awhile. I have yet to find a casual looking snowpant for around town use. 

1750241-224chipmunk-black_549e3982-a1f5-

These boots were gifted to me.. great at first, but only lasted about 2 to 3 months before the rubber cracked open where the boot becomes creased from walking. Would not recommend.  If anyone has any good boot recommendations please let me know. My other pair is some leather Timberlands that've been going strong for 6 years or so, not really a winter boot though.

Edited by simon sandleshit
  • Like 2

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
On 9/20/2020 at 4:19 PM, simon sandleshit said:

f746074376.jpg

This is my go to shell. Ive found a bunch of these at my local goodwill so I have no problem fucking it up working outside in it or painting in it. The seals compete with any goretex jacket ive ever used. Throw the down puffy underneath it and its hella warm. I've just been rocking snowpants for most of winter on trekks around town or in the train spot wherever there may be deep snow. I cant be fucked anymore walking around in denim or anything like that in winter where the bottom half of your pants is just frozen solid after awhile. I have yet to find a casual looking snowpant for around town use. 

1750241-224chipmunk-black_549e3982-a1f5-

These boots were gifted to me.. great at first, but only lasted about 2 to 3 months before the rubber cracked open where the boot becomes creased from walking. Would not recommend.  If anyone has any good boot recommendations please let me know. My other pair is some leather Timberlands that've been going strong for 6 years or so, not really a winter boot though.

Sorel started going to shit when Columbia Sportswear bought it 

They used to be tanks that could last 10 years, now all you hear is stories of them cracking 

• Truth 1

• 3 weeks later...
18 minutes ago, mr.yuck said:

Man. Ive been all over this site and I cant tell if Iove it or hate it. Been contemplating signing up for the drop of that indestructible bubble. 

I haven't purchased anything yet because I feel the same way you do about it.  Now if I lived in colder climates where snow is part of life.  Then I am sure I would already own a few pieces. 

Now as for that watch, I'm waiting to see price and specs.  Depending on those two factors will make it or break it. 

• Truth 1

That garbage watch is super cool looking. Also that glow in the dark jacket is tight too. I think the only thing I dont like about anything on that site is some of their pricing. Like it takes 40 weeks to make a fire proof hoodie? What? I dont think you  could put an accurate price on something like that? Maybe $400 is cheap.

• Truth 1

On 10/19/2020 at 10:33 PM, mr.yuck said:

That garbage watch is super cool looking. Also that glow in the dark jacket is tight too. I think the only thing I dont like about anything on that site is some of their pricing. Like it takes 40 weeks to make a fire proof hoodie? What? I dont think you  could put an accurate price on something like that? Maybe $400 is cheap.

I didn't get into it that far. But yeah, 40 weeks at $400 how is that profitable, is it one of those things where they wait for multiple orders and run at once?   Because 40 weeks doesn't tell me its exclusive but more so work off and on when I get around to it?

Yeah, that glow in the dark i thought is pretty cool, specially for those who run or cycle.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ndv said:

I didn't get into it that far. But yeah, 40 weeks at $400 how is that profitable, is it one of those things where they wait for multiple orders and run at once?   Because 40 weeks doesn't tell me its exclusive but more so work off and on when I get around to it?

Yeah, that glow in the dark i thought is pretty cool, specially for those who run or cycle.

Its super vague but I started thinking that time period included how long it takes to source materials and the actual construction of the fabric. I would imagine that the actual construction doesnt take that long at all.

End speculation.

• Truth 1

On the subject of goretex I love arcteryx stuff, from the regular line to LEAF to Veilance. I would like to get a beta sv or AR jacket but none of their colorways have been super appealing as something different. I saw this on reddit today which I thought looked great which I believe is a beta SL, i dont think those are as durable as some of the higher end models unfortunately 

d745426.jpg

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

I just copped the north face mountain light with futurelight.

This is the softest TNF jacket I've ever owned.

The material feels so smooth, its quiet, and its acting like mesh.

I don't feel stuffy in this thing.

9/10 for sure.

Point Blur_Jan162021_130911.jpg

Edited by glorydays
  • Like 2