FALL / WINTER 2020 - 12oz

misteraven

Hey guys, hope 2020 isn't busting your balls too hard. Was just thinking this morning that its so wild how many of you guys were around back during 9/11 and now will be able to later look back and say you were on here posting for the shit show that's been 2020. Anyhow, I know a few of you noticed I'd been MIA for the better part of two months and maybe a couple of you have noticed I've been lurking and posting again for the last week or two. Assume you guys are aware of the situation, but figured I'd post an update and do another one of my updates to keep you guys looped in.

The screen printing business really turned a corner these last couple months. We'd honestly been doing fairly well for a new business since what I consider the official launch; September of 2019 when the website went live and I started really doing outreach. But its interesting to see how we happen to be one of those businesses that has actually benefited from COVID. Most of the industry is in CA with a lot in the North East. Obviously those areas were hard hit with all the shutdowns and meanwhile I've engineered my life around social distancing, so we were well positioned for this mess. Couple that with a lot of relationships, colleagues and friends from my old life and that lead to us getting super slammed with work. So for like 2 - 2.5 months or so, we basically worked 90+ hour work weeks trying to keep up with a series of huge jobs that came through. Actually have a number of jobs on deck this week and next, but these are all much easier to service and we've improved out processes and efficiencies exponentially in these last months so not the avalanche of work that the preceding couple of months were. Anyhow, we've since hired 4 additional full time people and added a roster of about 5 more temp workers. We're talking to our press manufacturer about several pieces of heavy equipment we're looking into getting for next summer and will very likely be moving into a 10,000+- sq ft building sometime next year. Anyhow, its pretty wild and being honest, I've had a tough time wrapping my head around whats happening and what my next steps should be. Seen lots of companies fail when they grow too fast and likewise, 2020 is a shit show and its only going to get worse as far as my personal opinion on the subject goes. Likewise, there's a huge opportunity here that will allow for a lot of exciting things and you guys already know that I plan to funnel a lot of that success and resource back into 12ozProphet and the brand.

So in regards to screen printing, I'm still looking for good help. Most permanent positions are filled for now, but we'll be staffing again in Spring, if not sooner. I'm still open to internships and part time work that can likely turn into permanent positions if it works out exceptionally well. We definitely have a good thing right now and I'm looking to continue assembling the team that's going to keep it growing and improving. Plus being located where we are and the lifestyle that all that entails has been a hugely awesome decision that seems to be validated more and more with each days news. Anyhow, if any of you are looking for a big change or know someone that sounds like a good fit, DM me or email.

As for 12ozProphet, obviously I'll be around a lot more regularly, at least until the next huge drop gets dropped in my lap. Even then I think we have things pretty well dialed in so even if things go bonkers again, I should be able to maintain on here. @Kults @Mercerand @Dirty_habiThave been hitting me up from time to time with news or updates.

------------

As far as the brand and 12ozProphet... I'm definitely going to replace the main website. Been a plan for ages and I've worked off and on putting something new together. Hate leaving it as a shop only, though the challenge is always keeping a stream of worthwhile content up. If nothing else, I've always wanted to have a place to showcase some of the notable projects and stuff we've worked on and perhaps have a place to post some basic news and updates. Not sure, but definitely want it to be more than a shop. Likewise, I am still planning a podcast. Few people I had sort of helping out have mostly disappeared so will need to figure out a manageable plan, but I havent given up on that yet. Likewise, I also want to create a regular email. Once a week or so, but definitely once or twice a month. Thinking of trying to reassemble a contributor team to help out with that, but we'll see.

As far as the brand / product, that's obviously going to be a big focus. We'll start to see some of the real advantage we have with the screen printing company soon enough. Obviously I managed to push out some tees over the last couple years, but as mentioned above, we're turning a corner with that side of the business so I'll reapply efforts to the brand side that'll capitalize on that. Also leveraging some relationships that are being strengthened as a result of the screen printing stuff to pull the brand through the door and open some opportunities. I need to dust off some old plans now that I have a little more to work with, but that's going to be a big part of my focus over these next months as well.

Anyhow, just wanted to pop in and drop some news. Kinda cathartic to work through it and put it into a post and figure I owe it to you guys to mention whats happening. Lots of really good things, even if it seems half the world is burning.

Hope you guys are all doing well.

• Like 4
  • Truth 1
  • Props 6

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

@misteravenhas been putting me down with dope podcasts for a minute. I into the survivalist podcast, and recently two Agorists I follow (Pete Quionez & Sal the Agorist) Joined up with Jack from the survivalist podcast for "Unloose the Goose".

It's cool watching the different flavors of Agorism come together like this. With that said, most graffiti writers/ex graffiti writers are Agorists if they know what that means or not, I'd like to see our brand of Agorism, and our insights expressed in this format. There's no single group of people on earth that have more interesting shit to say, and better real life stories than us. 

• Like 1
  • Truth 1
  • Props 1