Beirut goes Boom

Kults

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

Getting reports of a Top Security Official is one of the dead.  

Here is the article I just read which I almost lost it when the Fire works reference was a potential reason.

I am not bomb expert, but fire works don't do that, unless that is half the worlds supply

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/aug/04/huge-explosion-beirut-lebanon-shatters-windows-rocks-buildings

Edited by ndv
  • Truth 1

9 minutes ago, ndv said:

Getting reports of a Top Security Official is one of the dead.  

Here is the article I just read which I almost lost it when the Fire works reference was a potential reason.

I am not bomb expert, but fire works don't do that, unless that is half the worlds supply

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/aug/04/huge-explosion-beirut-lebanon-shatters-windows-rocks-buildings

It happened three days before the verdict is due in an international tribunal trial of four men accused of blowing up a former Lebanese prime minister 15 years ago.

🤔 

I noticed that too.   I wouldn't be surprised if it was just what the article was say how there were concerns of Ammonium Nitrate being stored and basically was a ticking time bomb, and current affairs, foreign and domestic are just coincidental to breed speculation.

I guess when we get the redacted report next year we'll then know the truth.

The plot thickens

• Truth 1

Someone tried explaining it to me but i got lost in the comparisons of relative effectiveness. Closest thing i could figure to wrap my brain around it was Timothy McVeigh used 2 metric tons of ammonium nitrate + fuel to make the OKC bomb. There were 2750 metric tons of ammonium nitrate in that warehouse.

They also said that the humidity of Beirut would play a big role in the AN congealIng which could make it combustable.. apparently the humidity is also a partial factor in why the shockwave was as wild looking as it was. 

I don’t know. All i know is that was a big fucking bada boom. 

Edited by abrasivesaint
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

A brief update:

So my UPS guy is Lebanese, and from what he was telling me, the Lebanese people are pissed, and really pissed at their leaders because 1. They are always being lied to about being pawns of other nations interests.  2. This explosion would have never happened if the Lebanese government had a back bone and stopped Iran/Hezbollah from using their country as a storage bin for terror and war against Israel.  

On 10/9/2020 at 7:08 AM, abrasivesaint said:

I believe i read somewhere that there’s basically 4 different groups involved in Lebanese government and they’re all fighting for power. Hezbollah being one of them.

The people are certainly pissed off. 

I am not sure, about the 4 groups, and not doubting you by any means.  There's so much intrest in the mid east I will have to agree with you by simply trying to break the 4 groups down. 

1. US

2.  Russia 

3. Hezbollah 

4. China

Not in that order tho

Edited by ndv