I've got 2020 visions

Mercer

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
2 hours ago, Mercer said:

That's how you capitalize properly. 250k + viral campaign for the cost of a used Yoda and some overstock cranberry juice you had laying around the warehouse. Best part is all that shit goes to someone who deserves it.

Nissan and that’s a 2020, the fact they did it in cranberry is the real flex here

• Truth 1
  • Props 1

2 hours ago, Mercer said:

That's how you capitalize properly. 250k + viral campaign for the cost of a used Yoda and some overstock cranberry juice you had laying around the warehouse. Best part is all that shit goes to someone who deserves it.

honestly ocean spray did this right too. other companies would have shit themselves at this amount of publicity and rushed to capitalize and it would've been late and corny. ocean spray sat back and let it happen, which is great.

i'm guessing their response can be attributed to: 

-  them realizing that nothing they could do could surpass the original video

- they might have wanted to partner or otherwise do something bigger with this guy but got shy because "brand safety" 

- both 

Their response is actually rare, people on social media constantly blow shit up for big companies that shy away from the dap their given. I watched the video, and dude mentioned "keeping it positive" because they all sat down in a board room and enjoyed the shit out of scrolling his feed, and saw nothing but positivity because he's about that life. This dude is cool AF, a one of a kind type of human being, I bet they threw dap simply because they liked him, and could easily justify the expense with all the free publicity he generated.

3 minutes ago, where said:

Lol what?

When I read @Mercercomment, “for the cost of a used Yoda”, my interpretation was that he was taking a jab at the Nissan Frontier being much less popular than the Toyota Tacoma, with a used Tacoma priced comparable to a new Frontier.

Hairdresser collecting discarded hair for oil-absorbing device

Marie Donlon | September 29, 2020

In a bid to clean up oil spills in the world’s oceans, an initiative led by a French hairdresser is amassing discarded hair from hair salons and barbershops to fill an oil-absorbing nylon device.

Thierry Gras is the founder of the project Coiffeurs Justes (Fair Hairdressers), which takes discarded hair and packs it into a nylon stocking, the length of a forearm, to be placed in busy waterways to absorb oil pollution.

Source: Coiffeurs Justes (Fair Hairdressers)Source: Coiffeurs Justes (Fair Hairdressers)

Already successfully tested in a port near Brignoles in southeast France, the device can absorb up to eight times its weight in oil pollution due to hairs’ lipophilic — in other words, fat and hydrocarbon absorbing — properties.

Members of the ocean cleaning initiative intend to line nearby harbors with the devices to offer uninterrupted oil-absorbing capabilities. However, the team believes the devices can also be deployed to areas impacted by a large-scale oil spill event such as the kind that recently occurred in Mauritius.

With 40 tonnes of discarded hair stored in a Brignoles warehouse, the team is awaiting various approvals before they begin large scale production of the device.

Didn’t realize it was a 2020 Nissan truck,. After my man’s got handed the keys, tears of joy started pouring making the logo impossible for my pussy ass emotional eyes to read properly. Please forgive I’d never disrespect Nissan like that, my mom owned a Datsun before, and I used to bang a hood bitch that drove a maxima.

• Truth 1