Lol @ Minneapolis

Dirty_habiT

Been sucked into work for the last week to come back and find that we’re living a different apocalypse now. Honestly the world felt surreal back in March. Not even sure how to describe the feeling of seeing what’s out there now. Unreal is probably the best I have, but it’s woefully inadequate. 

Anyhow, I’m not going to chime in with rationalization or my two cents. I’ve harped on plenty about the decisiveness playing out, as well as my ideas and opinions on what I think might be fueling it. 

At the end of the day, what happened to George Floyd was reprehensible beyond words. There’s zero explanation in my mind that can justify what was done to him. Likewise, I can’t buy into what I’ve seen since. I’ve read all kinds of convoluting explanations that attempt to rationalize why people are burning down their cities and how a tsunami of violence is justified. Crazy shit. Utterly unbelievable.  Fucked up beyond words, all of it. 

In any case, I’ve largely tuned out of social media ages ago, but I’ll be especially shutting it off now. Besides having a mountain of stuff to deal with in the real world, I just can’t watch this train wreck. Truly disheartening to know that not only will this not solve the issues being protested, it’s most probably going to fully qualify the doubling down of stomping on people’s freedoms. There was zero excuse for that cop to do what he did to that man. Now we’ve handed those cops every excuse they need to put start stomping on everyone’s neck. 

Just wanted to step in and convey a couple thoughts on the subject since I’ve gotten hit up a few times and since apparently, “if you’re silent, you’re also a part of the problem”. I don’t subscribe to that ridiculous line of thinking, but you guys are my virtual family, so figured I’d at least step in with a few words. 

I’ll be largely lying low for June since I’ve got a month of massive amounts of work (why I updated the help wanted thread) and because honestly, I’m not going to join the mob in ripping apart what’s left of the world after the last apocalypse, which I truly believe is playing into the hands of the exact individuals that perpetuate the systemic racism everyone’s protesting. 

I’ll check in as often as i can and will also mention that this next month is going to pave the way for some pretty big next steps for 12oz. Stay safe everyone, shits going to get ugly. 

George Floyd RIP.

• Like 2
  • Props 3

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

How the fuck has the president not addressed the nation yet? 

I was watching protesters start fires in the park in front of the White House last night as cops/secret service were firing tear gas at them. Like 200 yds from the White House. 

this is so nuts

the George Floyd protests are happening in other countries apparently too. London, Berlin, Iran, New Zealand are just the ones I’ve seen shown

2 minutes ago, KILZ FILLZ said:

How the fuck has the president not addressed the nation yet? 

I was watching protesters start fires in the park in front of the White House last night as cops/secret service were firing tear gas at them. Like 200 yds from the White House. 

this is so nuts

the George Floyd protests are happening in other countries apparently too. London, Berlin, Iran, New Zealand are just the ones I’ve seen shown

I didn't save it but his aides told the media that Trump didn't make an address because he felt he had nothing to say and that his tweets cover everything well enough.

Apparently he spent the night in the bunker, maybe there's no signal from the bunker as he hasn't tweeted for a long time either.

• LOL! 1

27 minutes ago, Hua Guofang said:

I didn't save it but his aides told the media that Trump didn't make an address because he felt he had nothing to say and that his tweets cover everything well enough.

Apparently he spent the night in the bunker, maybe there's no signal from the bunker as he hasn't tweeted for a long time either.

After the activity being so close to WH on sat, I highly highly doubt pres and family staying in WH for sun. I would wager they were in a penthouse somewhere other than DC or camp David. Af1 has Midair refuel caps too so they could be sleeping in that thing last night. I don’t see secret service letting them stay there but what do I know 

4 minutes ago, KILZ FILLZ said:

After the activity being so close to WH on sat, I highly highly doubt pres and family staying in WH for sun. I would wager they were in a penthouse somewhere other than DC or camp David. Af1 has Midair refuel caps too so they could be sleeping in that thing last night. I don’t see secret service letting them stay there but what do I know 

It was all over the media, which isn't to say that it's true, though

He's tweeting again:

Jesus, it couldn't get anymore clunky - "the protests are by antifa, Joe Biden is Antifa, if Biden wins, Antifa will be in the White House."

I mean, his crazy base will swallow it like a hooker in a blowbang, it's an emblem of the depths that US politics has been sinking to over the recent decades.

This is the most text book example of a disinformation bot/sock puppet enhancing division and polarising each side (there will be similar right wing, concerned citizen, etc. messages going out). It is creating disinformation and encouraging others to spread it. It has numerous calls to action and doesn't answer any of the criticisms below but has numerous other bots responding in support and retweeting the thread:

Edited by Hua Guofang

3 hours ago, Hua Guofang said:

Nasty Girls, first time I've heard that.

Happy to rephrase: Nasty Girls patrolling the streets with combat weapons and live rounds.

Most municipalities allow combat weapons, select fire full auto, for SWAT or comparable SWAT certification. Patrol cops are no longer given access due to a concern that they’d accidentally shoot each other. All cops carry live rounds. Non-lethal rounds are more the exception, though in times of civil unrest it’s generally issued for their secondary weapons system. I think at this point, they’re past non-lethal. 

And cops are wing shot at this point. Seems it’s mostly not being reported on, but I’ve seen several bits of footage of cops being fired at and at least two of cops being hit. One of which appears to be after a cop hit rushed and disarmed SBG then shot with his own weapon. Saw one article of a federal agent being killed in Oakland.

Not really following but getting texted a lot of links and have checked out most of them. 

4 minutes ago, Hua Guofang said:

This is the most text book example of a disinformation bot/sock puppet enhancing division and polarising each side (there will be similar right wing, concerned citizen, etc. messages going out). It is creating disinformation and encouraging others to spread it. It has numerous calls to action and doesn't answer any of the criticisms below but has numerous other bots responding in support and retweeting the thread:

I was sent this as well. Tried finding photos or backup statements to support and came up short. In fact, that occurred just before my post last night. 

Whole lot of disinformation indeed. Lot of it is legit, confused people and others in panic repeating or amplifying it. Lot of it is obvious coordination, like your example above. Likewise, there’s lots of engineering and manipulation going on, as well as a natural ground swell happy to snatch the baton and run with it. 

3 minutes ago, misteraven said:

Most municipalities allow combat weapons, select fire full auto, for SWAT or comparable SWAT certification. Patrol cops are no longer given access due to a concern that they’d accidentally shoot each other. All cops carry live rounds. Non-lethal rounds are more the exception, though in times of civil unrest it’s generally issued for their secondary weapons system. I think at this point, they’re past non-lethal.

Sure, that's a little bit different to platoon sized patrols walking through the streets with long arms, equipped similarly to soldiers who are operating in a warzone.

Not only the optics are different but also the capabilities. Essentially, soldiers are patrolling the streets.

2 minutes ago, misteraven said:

I was sent this as well. Tried finding photos or backup statements to support and came up short. In fact, that occurred just before my post last night. 

Whole lot of disinformation indeed. Lot of it is legit, confused people and others in panic repeating or amplifying it. Lot of it is obvious coordination, like your example above. Likewise, there’s lots of engineering and manipulation going on, as well as a natural ground swell happy to snatch the baton and run with it. 

Yep, lots of people wanting to guide the narrative for their advantage or simply make things worse.

10 minutes ago, Hua Guofang said:

Sure, that's a little bit different to platoon sized patrols walking through the streets with long arms, equipped similarly to soldiers who are operating in a warzone.

Not only the optics are different but also the capabilities. Essentially, soldiers are patrolling the streets.

It’s going to get far worse man. I feel what you’re saying and I’m absolutely opposed to militarization of the police. Too late to put that genie back in the bottle and what we’re about to see will be far worse than that. We saw how quickly things ramped up for the Boston Marathon shooting, with MRAPS driving on domestic soil and door to door searches. Leaf ally you can’t deploy US troops on USA soil, but there’s no doubt loop holes being created now. Heard Fort Benning is being out on notice she seen MSM discussing that Military Police are being put on standby. 

Likewise, also not being reported too widely is cops walking off the job. I’m sure many are just pussies, but seen footage of more than a couple walking off on what appears to be moral grounds. Seen some hopeful videos out there, but it’s utterly eclipsed by all the evil shit. 

• Like 3

Heads up to my USA friends in here... Not trying to add to the craziness out there but take a moment to consider what you wish you had bought ahead of time for Covid. Consider the weak areas in your ability to be independent and resilient. Supply chains are about to get far worse out there and things were far from fixed

ad it was. Not saying to stuff your crib with cases of toilet paper, but use this lead up time wisely to get yourself straight cause you will not see business and usual for the foreseeable future and you will absolutely get cut off from the supermarket and pharmacies. If you have the means, pick up some essentials you’d either wise use anyways cause it’s going to beat standing in lines for scraps later. Picture the situation at the peak of Covid and figure it being orders of magnitude worse. 

• Like 3
  • Props 1