Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, Hua Guofang said:

75 year old man was Antifa.

 

And there it is, we're through the fucking looking glass on this one, folks.

 

I couldn't think of a better example of how the whole "Antifa are coming" thing was bullshit to undermine the protest movement and rally conservatives around a boogieman.

 

image.png.e4073f2f172c18365f889f4ef9104265.png

This is fucking madness. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

My helper read me that tweet at work yesterday and I didn't believe it was real. He's really outdone himself. 

  • Truth 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm getting a strong domestic violency type vibe from the dude doing the kneeling there/

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, misteraven said:

This here probably deserves its own thread. Unreal...

 

 

Why do I feel like that I should be mailing a Get Well Soon card to America, or something?

  • Like 1
  • LOL! 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Skimmed the last page. There’s news on the guy in Seattle that drive through the barrier and shot someone. He was Latino, not white. He claimed his car was being mobbed and that protesters were trying to pull him out of his car and had been grabbing his steering wheel, etc. In any case that’s his defense, but really doesn’t appear to be someone that was looking to kill others or he could likely have done so. Definitely wasn’t a white supremacist since he wasn’t white. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Hua Guofang said:

Why do I feel like that I should be mailing a Get Well Soon card to America, or something?

This is some of the largest news so far and amazing it isn’t headline news everywhere. One of the few outlets running it is freakin HighSnobiety. I did verify it, which makes it even more scary that news isn’t running it. Pure irony that it happened in the most liberal city in America. Or perhaps not since there’s absolutely dick anyone there can do since you have a land mass surrounded by water and a populace that was entirely disarmed. Fucked up... If there hasn’t been a single moment you could point to in which it was clearly time to leave, that fuckin it right there. Even if this rolls back and nothing comes of it, it’s clear the politicians in NY believe they can do as they please without consequence or respect to the people they in fact serve. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, misteraven said:

 Or perhaps not since there’s absolutely dick anyone there can do since you have a land mass surrounded by water and a populace that was entirely disarmed.

C'mon man, let's not kid ourselves. Aint no one rising up against the govt even if they are armed.

 

Your leaders in Washington are leading the country down the garden path. Your countrymen are getting beat in the street and locked up without charge and the free press is being criminalised (and beaten in the street). If the many many Americans that are armed can't see this as the tyranny that they're supposed to rise up against, then it was never going to happen. They all cosplay and carry fake arms on the street when told to stay home so they don't die or infect others, but when the real circus comes to town, they're out 'defending their homes' against a non-existent enemy that was spun up by the bullshit artists in Washington and their enablers on conservative media so people would miss the play.

 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
38 minutes ago, misteraven said:

Skimmed the last page. There’s news on the guy in Seattle that drive through the barrier and shot someone. He was Latino, not white. He claimed his car was being mobbed and that protesters were trying to pull him out of his car and had been grabbing his steering wheel, etc. In any case that’s his defense, but really doesn’t appear to be someone that was looking to kill others or he could likely have done so. Definitely wasn’t a white supremacist since he wasn’t white. 

I’m having a hard time believing his story. It is damn near impossible that the dude didnt know that area has been locked down by protests for over a week. I feel especially if his brother was in fact a cop at that precinct on the corner. 
 

Almost every day it was blast balls, gas and pepper spray. Police push back, protestors pushing back to the line, and everyone would break for a snack and a piss. Marchers were coming and going all day. I mean there’s the freaking band stage on the corner in the road where he turns, haha. I was wrong about him pushing through a barrier of cyclists, i had assumed as much because normally they were there turning cars around all day or allowing cars to pass through to their homes or deliver water and such. At times there was even traffic cops standing about helping. 
 

You would think that on top of the trash barrels in the street, on top of the hundreds of people gathered you might think “hmm, maybe this isn’t the right way. Maybe i should stop.” But, maybe i’m wrong and this dude is a total dolt and it’s a wildly unfortunate misunderstanding. Or maybe he did have a poorly thought out plan and backed out but it was too late. 
 

Just to show what i mean by the block has been locked down for days:

 

- Red lines are where cyclists or cops generally had the roads barricaded.
- Red X is the police precinct that they abandoned, creating the “Autonomous Zone” 

- Purple line is the path the dude took

- Green circle is the “front line” where hundreds of protestors/police gathered every day. They were also scattered throughout the park and anywhere on the inside of those red lines. (See the “Autonomous Zone below.” 
 

8760BD2C-14DA-4825-A849-28823AC7ADC3.thumb.jpeg.bbfdf30077119b0d1b38d0824bcce476.jpeg
 

imageproxy.php?img=&key=ebd33b30216a051b698B8371-FFCE-45BB-856D-58F35D546438.thumb.jpeg.ae6adbe9e3c68382a1fb4b56f26c360c.jpeg
 

edit: only thing i could understand is if for some reason his car was getting mobbed before he made that initial turn and made the turn in a panic and was confronted with an “oh fuck” moment. But i’d be curious as to why, as cars drove on those roads freely. The dude who got shot admits he grabbed his steering wheel because he thought he was trying to run people over, and then started hitting the guy and thats when he got shot. 

Edited by abrasivesaint

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, Hua Guofang said:

C'mon man, let's not kid ourselves. Aint no one rising up against the govt even if they are armed.

 

Your leaders in Washington are leading the country down the garden path. Your countrymen are getting beat in the street and locked up without charge and the free press is being criminalised (and beaten in the street). If the many many Americans that are armed can't see this as the tyranny that they're supposed to rise up against, then it was never going to happen. They all cosplay and carry fake arms on the street when told to stay home so they don't die or infect others, but when the real circus comes to town, they're out 'defending their homes' against a non-existent enemy that was spun up by the bullshit artists in Washington and their enablers on conservative media so people would miss the play.

 

 

Not suggesting that we’ll necessarily  see the populace rise up like Red Dawn. Reality is that the Revolutionary War itself was conducted by a fraction of the population. My point is that if you look around at all the areas that have armed protesters, you’ll note a pattern of very little police violence. Likewise, you’ll also note that the most egregious violation of human rights always seem to take place in areas / regions in which there is little to no gun ownership. 
 

id also like to point out that everything that has occurred in the last 4 months would have been dismissed exactly the same way if we’d been discussing this a year ago.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, misteraven said:

Not suggesting that we’ll see the populace rise up like Red Dawn. Reality is that the Revolutionary War itself was conducted by a fraction of the population. My point is that if you look around at all the areas that have armed protesters, you’ll note a pattern of very little police violence. Likewise, you’ll also note that the most egregious violation of human rights always seem to take place in areas / regions in which there is little to no gun ownership. 
 

id also like to point out that everything that has occurred in the last 4 months would have been dismissed exactly the same way if we’d been discussing this a year ago.  

Which areas have had armed protesters? I've barely seen any at all.

 

Not sure I understand your second point, sorry.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Would also like to point out that this whole thing has barely had time to spin up. You of all people have the background to know that any type of coordinated uprising takes time to organize. Plenty of historical examples, both old and modern, show that you aren’t just going to get an immediate pushback when a government goes tyrannical. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Hua Guofang said:

Which areas have had armed protesters? I've barely seen any at all.

 

Not sure I understand your second point, sorry.

Imagine you’re getting different news than we are and I’ve noted that social seems all over the place as well. 
 

There are many cities / regions that have assembled armed citizens to protect monuments and local businesses. It’s actually happening out here now. Local sheriff’s office got a heads up about a large caravan of busses that have come up from CA, tracked through entire way up. Our local protest that began as a few dozen people, turned into hundreds over night. It’s been pretty peaceful so far. I’ve had to drive through it a couple times and it appears to be mostly positive, but does feel somewhat volatile at the same time. In any case, it’s absolutely mobbed resources since local LEO is not staffed to accommodate anywhere near that situation. They called in some outside help, but there’s people everywhere open carrying (more than usual). Went out to dinner with the family and most the wait and cook staff were armed as well as a good many diners. 
 

Ive communicated with friends in other places that have said similar stuff is happening throughout Idaho, Wyoming, parts of Utah and into Nevada. I’ve seen it on social media in Oregon and Washington State. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

In regards to my second statement, I’m saying we’re 4 months into this shit show. 3 months of pandemic, a month of social unrest. You keep mentioning that things haven’t happened that you’d otherwise expect and I’m merely pointing out that it’s been an unbelievably compressed timeline so far. To imagine that the entire world would shutdown and that America would be chaos in such a short time period boggles the mind. It’s almost unreal to believe. I’m pointing that out to draw attention to the fact that it’s near impossible to predict what next month or three months from now will look like. We have an incredibly volatile situation as we head into yet another election cycle with two non-starters like Trump and Biden to pick from. Just because you haven’t seen something happen yet, doesn’t mean it won’t. Doesn’t take much and we’re seeing a lot of shit being posted that could very well be the catalyst to evolve this bad situation to an entirely new level. Really I hope shit just goes back to normal, but we’ve seen it spin out of control to unimaginable levels in a very short period of time. No telling how it’ll continue to unfold, so I’d be cautious about statements since none of us would have believed any of this if we’d been speculating about it 6 months ago. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, misteraven said:

Imagine you’re getting different news than we are and I’ve noted that social seems all over the place as well. 
 

There are many cities / regions that have assembled armed citizens to protect monuments and local businesses. It’s actually happening out here now. Local sheriff’s office got a heads up about a large caravan of busses that have come up from CA, tracked through entire way up. Our local protest that began as a few dozen people, turned into hundreds over night. It’s been pretty peaceful so far. I’ve had to drive through it a couple times and it appears to be mostly positive, but does feel somewhat volatile at the same time. In any case, it’s absolutely mobbed resources since local LEO is not staffed to accommodate anywhere near that situation. They called in some outside help, but there’s people everywhere open carrying (more than usual). Went out to dinner with the family and most the wait and cook staff were armed as well as a good many diners. 
 

Ive communicated with friends in other places that have said similar stuff is happening throughout Idaho, Wyoming, parts of Utah and into Nevada. I’ve seen it on social media in Oregon and Washington State. 

Ah, you seemed to have switched the argument somewhat. I thought we were talking about armed protesters but now you seem to be referring to armed people protecting their property.

 

Could you please link me to the reports of the large caravan of busses coming up from CA that were tracked the entire way?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, misteraven said:

In regards to my second statement, I’m saying we’re 4 months into this shit show. 3 months of pandemic, a month of social unrest. You keep mentioning that things haven’t happened that you’d otherwise expect and I’m merely pointing out that it’s been an unbelievably compressed timeline so far. To imagine that the entire world would shutdown and that America would be chaos in such a short time period boggles the mind. It’s almost unreal to believe. I’m pointing that out to draw attention to the fact that it’s near impossible to predict what next month or three months from now will look like. We have an incredibly volatile situation as we head into yet another election cycle with two non-starters like Trump and Biden to pick from. Just because you haven’t seen something happen yet, doesn’t mean it won’t. Doesn’t take much and we’re seeing a lot of shit being posted that could very well be the catalyst to evolve this bad situation to an entirely new level. Really I hope shit just goes back to normal, but we’ve seen it spin out of control to unimaginable levels in a very short period of time. No telling how it’ll continue to unfold, so I’d be cautious about statements since none of us would have believed any of this if we’d been speculating about it 6 months ago. 

Well, sure. This whole year has been one big black elephant. But not being able to predict these outcomes doesn't change that acts of tyranny are now out in the open and there has been no uprising or armed response from all these people who keep gats so the the govt doesn't take away their freedumz!

 

I do take your point, though, that rebellions take time. But that's when we're referring to rebellions that have organisation, planning and coordination. And that implies that an organic rebellion is probably off the cards by now, given that it didn't take months for the Michigan folk to walk into their state capital with their guns and take a few photos.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Well, whacka-doodle-doo!

 

The tweet that Trump made about the 75 year old man being Antifa, has a Russian connection.

 

What a fuckin surprise:

 

Where Donald Trump’s bizarre conspiracy theory about protester came from

 

https://www.news.com.au/finance/work/leaders/where-donald-trumps-bizarre-conspiracy-theory-about-protester-came-from/news-story/fc9707a0e45e6fb5981547208b9e30d0

Concluding its report, OANN accused the mainstream media of failing to “acknowledge the controversy” and continuing to “push the narrative of so-called police brutality”.

The story was narrated by Kristian Rouz, a Russian national who used to be employed by Sputnik, which has been described as “the Kremlin's official propaganda outlet”.

 

That's also a Murdoch website.

 

.

Edited by Hua Guofang

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Hua Guofang said:

Ah, you seemed to have switched the argument somewhat. I thought we were talking about armed protesters but now you seem to be referring to armed people protecting their property.

 

Could you please link me to the reports of the large caravan of busses coming up from CA that were tracked the entire way?

No link. I found out from one of the local sheriffs. My friend hits the gym with him daily and he did me a favor this week for something else so we were talking about current events. 

  • Props 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Hua Guofang said:

I do take your point, though, that rebellions take time. But that's when we're referring to rebellions that have organisation, planning and coordination. And that implies that an organic rebellion is probably off the cards by now, given that it didn't take months for the Michigan folk to walk into their state capital with their guns and take a few photos.

Think you have a skewed perspective on things. You can’t fully understand this subject by studying it off news reports and text books. What happened in Michigan didn’t happen over night. It’s been years of cultural conversation and change and that crap the media decided to spotlight recently was just flavor of the month that fit the story line at that moment. That protest has been on going and it’s happened many times, in many places with differing support / interest for many years already. Lot of that kicked up

a notch after Sandy Hook, but it’s been going on for ages. 

  • Truth 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The majority of armed protestors i’ve seen have been counter-protestors gathering on rumors of Antifa coming to rape and pillage. 
 

There are currently armed protestors in Seattle and i know a few showed up in Minneapolis as well. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, misteraven said:

No link. I found out from one of the local sheriffs. My friend hits the gym with him daily and he did me a favor this week for something else so we were talking about current events. 

Ok, well, sorry but I gotta call it out as some rumour milling.

 

These stories about caravans of protesters have been circulating around the whole country and it's all been based on bullshit spun up by alt-right conservative news websites looking to hype the "looting Antifa" scare to discredit the protest movement.

 

Here is the precise same story that played out in your town playing out elsewhere in small town USA: https://www.nbcnews.com/tech/social-media/klamath-falls-oregon-victory-declared-over-antifa-which-never-showed-n1226681

 

Mayors trying to blame "outsiders" also fueled the scare of 'bus loads of protesters: https://www.abc.net.au/news/2020-06-10/how-a-rumour-about-antifa-looters-fuelled-fear-in-regional-usa/12334638

 

There's a huge amount of evidence out there showing that these rumours were spreading all over the joint but there is no evidence at all that any of them were true -

I can link to heaps of journalists who traveled around trying to find evidence of these caravans without any actually existing.  A couple of the communities are saying that the bus loads never came because they 'scared them off'. But we all know the story of the rock that keeps tigers away...

 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Hua Guofang said:

Ok, well, sorry but I gotta call it out as some rumour milling.

 

These stories about caravans of protesters have been circulating around the whole country and it's all been based on bullshit spun up by alt-right conservative news websites looking to hype the "looting Antifa" scare to discredit the protest movement.

 

Here is the precise same story that played out in your town playing out elsewhere in small town USA: https://www.nbcnews.com/tech/social-media/klamath-falls-oregon-victory-declared-over-antifa-which-never-showed-n1226681

 

Mayors trying to blame "outsiders" also fueled the scare of 'bus loads of protesters: https://www.abc.net.au/news/2020-06-10/how-a-rumour-about-antifa-looters-fuelled-fear-in-regional-usa/12334638

 

There's a huge amount of evidence out there showing that these rumours were spreading all over the joint but there is no evidence at all that any of them were true -

I can link to heaps of journalists who traveled around trying to find evidence of these caravans without any actually existing.  A couple of the communities are saying that the bus loads never came because they 'scared them off'. But we all know the story of the rock that keeps tigers away...

 

 

 

 

Thats fine man, I'm not here to convince you. But will say, its not so much rumor when a sheriff you happen to know beyond just the professional dynamic of that relationship is telling you multiple departments across several jurisdictions are tracking movements and his department was activated to track them as they entered this municipality. That they are literally monitoring staging grounds for protesters.

 

Again, can't always wrap your head around subjects by monitoring news feeds and watching from afar. I know this individual well enough after a few conversations to have a feel for how trustworthy his information sounds and where he's coming from but I absolutely trust the people that we share as friends and those guys have vouched for him. This isnt a friend of a friend spreading what he heard. This is a local sheriff that comes highly regarded by some mutual friends that train with him daily explaining what he's been tasked with for the last week. As far as I'm concerned its beyond reproach, but take it for whatever you want, makes no difference ultimately.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...