Travel Thread: Laid off Edition.

earmuffs

So got laid off. It kinda sucks, but whatever. Since my son is off school as well, I’ve decided to load up my little Jeep patriot and hit the road.   Staying primarily In a big tent at campgrounds. Hotel if needed,  I’ll prolly need it ha. 

first spot I have is in Gulf Breeze, Fl.  Kick it on the beach camping for a few days.  After that we will drive along the gulf to Panama City, then north to Tallahassee.   Stay at lake Talquin for a couple days.  

That's what Ive got booked so far.  Georgia and Tennessee will be after that.  Looking for recommendations at spots to stay.  I’m a hammock and beer Type of camper. My son will happy  if there’s water or a basketball hoop. We will have electronics and all that jazzzzzz. 
Food spots and lowrider stuff  also welcomed.  

• Like 2
  • Props 9

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
21 hours ago, nicklesndimes said:

had you thought of checking out the appalachian trail? to visit/tent for a stint....

Yo. Fuck the appalachian trail. I got lost on that bitch due to shitty signs, blocked trails, and turned a leisurely mile hike into a 15 mile ordeal with 4 kids under 12. On the same trip we found a couple other hikers that got lost in the woods for 3 days trying to hike the trail and ended up a 45 minute drive away from their camp site. They had run out of food and water so we put them up on our campsite and fed them before returning them to their area the next day.

Edit- I wonder how many people disappear on that trail every year?

Edited by mr.yuck
  • Like 3
  • Props 1
  • LOL! 1

2 minutes ago, mr.yuck said:

Yo. Fuck the appalachian trail. I got lost on that bitch due to shitty signs, blocked trails, and turned a leisurely mile hike into a 15 mile ordeal with 4 kids under 12. On the same trip we found a couple other hikers that got lost in the woods for 3 days trying to hike the trail and ended up a 45 minute drive away from their camp site. They had run out of food and water so we put them up on our campsite and fed them before returning them to their area the next day.

Edit- I wonder how many people disappear on that trail every year?

https://medium.com/@ashleyhorsfall/the-murders-of-julianne-williams-lollie-winans-6b040eb502a2

• Truth 2

13 minutes ago, earmuffs said:

Booked a couple more spots in Arkansas and Tennessee.   Think my plan is to make it over to Savannah Georgia, then go from there.  It’s kinda up in the air right now.  Just booking spots as I find them. 

https://www.arkansasstateparks.com/parks/lake-ouachita-state-park

I'd recommend that place.  It's pretty neat and would be an awesome place to camp.  I did and heard some very weird (bigfoot?) screaming deep in the woods in the middle of the night.  Didn't sound human.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Dirty_habiT said:

https://www.arkansasstateparks.com/parks/lake-ouachita-state-park

I'd recommend that place.  It's pretty neat and would be an awesome place to camp.  I did and heard some very weird (bigfoot?) screaming deep in the woods in the middle of the night.  Didn't sound human.

I Have a spot booked there. Didn’t realize until after that you can only camp in an RV. No restrooms are open. Staying at the national park there for three days. 

• Like 1

First day on the road.  Feels nice to get outta hot ass Texas. Three days here in Hot Springs Arkansas, then off to Tennessee.   If you've never been to Bucees, I feel

sorry for your mother   

67195D86-35B7-49E1-9329-B3764F8C7985.jpeg

26D4F000-A1E3-4F0D-A480-A4D189492258.jpeg

9F133B6A-2AE4-4019-84A8-11F02FF5C40B.jpeg

696341ED-AF8A-4AAD-9043-87861F040FD4.jpeg

C030488E-AD91-48EE-AF3E-A709BD2D17CF.jpeg

BE8BE587-43D3-4EC9-ACCB-B65FA8BD9C07.jpeg

92DE9041-4F81-408D-9394-76C5B6703FA4.jpeg

824CCFD8-6BF6-44BF-99D5-C4E5070A23BF.jpeg

EA429ABE-EE33-4DF4-8CBA-E13D280157E9.jpeg

BA39DC83-B981-400B-AE50-4B962BEB53CB.jpeg

B4CC25F3-3D18-46DD-B515-6E922F7700C0.jpeg